It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello out there. Emotions and isolation during pandemic,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, I haven't left the house in about a month, starting to get weepy and hysterical, any little thing makes me cry, I have never been all that stable anyway.

I hate to type but I have to put something on this topic. This is going to be random thoughts.

How is everyone doing?

I want a hamburger.

I am bored, There is plenty to do, I might go make jewelry later, but yeah, I ill do that. Maybe I will post some pictures.

Talking on the phone, no one wants to.

Everyone is always asleep.

Are you guys really staying in the house? MY hubby is essential so he works everyday. Truthfully I don't leave home much anyway, a weekly shopping trip and seeing the grand-kids , mostly miss my one year old, Isaac, not seeing him is killing me.

I started prepping long before anyone else in the family they all made fun of me and husband got angry, Now I wonder if I fell for some BS.

BBL with some pics

edit on 26-3-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Post something.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

So your life didn’t change much?

Edit: wasn’t trying to sound hostile..... just a question
edit on 26-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Keep your head on your shoulders Storm, you'll get through this. You're a trooper.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
coming up on 3 weeks, and 20 days since exposure no symptoms for me or my family, yea we have not stayed home as much as we should but typically it was to the park so we get some fresh air and sunshine.

With a couple stops at the grocery store for either me and the wife (I wasn't notified of the exposure till 2 weeks later) last 8 days or so its been at home or the big wide open park on base till yesterday when the base locked it up, only military id and a reason to be on base will get you on.

Make sure if you have the space get some fresh air and sunshine, Ac and supplements will only work so long.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I told my wife to go visit her sister yesterday. The 130 mile drive did her good. No traffic in Illinois, even at 5pm. The lockdown is an opportunity to be FREE. I'm out more than in, during this drummed-up over-hyped "disaster"...enjoying the lack of lines of people on the road, at the gas station, at the cash register....everywhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

So your life didn’t change much?

Edit: wasn’t trying to sound hostile..... just a question

Not a lot, but I would go spend a lot of time with Isaac.

Will be time to plant soon, It's just so quiet outside, kids are not coming over and such.

I put on a new outfit today, I usually save for special occasions, I have been in PJs for week., not the same pair, lol

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Keep your head on your shoulders Storm, you'll get through this. You're a trooper.

I'm trying

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I use Facebook Messenger to video chat with our soon to be a year old youngest grandchild every day. This is something we've done since before all of this virus business. Seriously hoping this stuff doesn't end up making us have to cancel our trip we've planned to go pick up our granddaughter for the summer and to be there for our grandson's first birthday but it is a possibility.

I also have been pretty weepy these days. Too many sad stories and videos along with just as many tear jerking, heart warming videos have me in tears several times a day lately.

I could really go for a double cheeseburger right now...

Hang in there!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In a month from now, we will start coming out of our homes, and seeing everyone again. We will laugh, hug (hopefully), and start our new lives. BUT, one question will come out that will tell the nature of all individuals... what did you do during the quarantine? Did you help others, learn a new skill, practice and/or improve on your old skills, use your phone or computer to talk to others, help keep the morale up in your household? We have a pause in our lives right now, hopefully we can use it to improve our own personal lives, along with others around us. Is the glass half full or half empty?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
coming up on 3 weeks, and 20 days since exposure no symptoms for me or my family, yea we have not stayed home as much as we should but typically it was to the park so we get some fresh air and sunshine.

With a couple stops at the grocery store for either me and the wife (I wasn't notified of the exposure till 2 weeks later) last 8 days or so its been at home or the big wide open park on base till yesterday when the base locked it up, only military id and a reason to be on base will get you on.

Make sure if you have the space get some fresh air and sunshine, Ac and supplements will only work so long.

I am missing the sun, day after day of gloomy weather, for sure we need some sun.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm essential, so I'm gone every day.

My wife is pretty much the same as you.

Last night I put on some music and we just slow-danced in the living room for a bit.

Makes a world of difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I also have been pretty weepy these days. Too many sad stories and videos along with just as many tear jerking, heart warming videos have me in tears several times a day lately.

Yeah I don't think I can take to many more youtube videos.

I hope we both get to see our babies soon, that's rough.

I worry this will go around and around.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm essential, so I'm gone every day.

My wife is pretty much the same as you.

Last night I put on some music and we just slow-danced in the living room for a bit.

Makes a world of difference.

awww that is the sweetest thing ever.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
In a month from now, we will start coming out of our homes, and seeing everyone again. We will laugh, hug (hopefully), and start our new lives. BUT, one question will come out that will tell the nature of all individuals... what did you do during the quarantine? Did you help others, learn a new skill, practice and/or improve on your old skills, use your phone or computer to talk to others, help keep the morale up in your household? We have a pause in our lives right now, hopefully we can use it to improve our own personal lives, along with others around us. Is the glass half full or half empty?

Amen

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I told my wife to go visit her sister yesterday. The 130 mile drive did her good. No traffic in Illinois, even at 5pm. The lockdown is an opportunity to be FREE. I'm out more than in, during this drummed-up over-hyped "disaster"...enjoying the lack of lines of people on the road, at the gas station, at the cash register....everywhere.

Owning the libs by helping to spread a pandemic!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The misses and I still have to punch the clock at 5pm to do our 8hours routine. People find it difficult to keep the social distance so maybe you can start a (gender neutral) Crinoline factory?

I bet there will be a market for those shortly.

edit on 26/3/20 by D.Wolf because: insert picture

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm in Illinois too.

during this drummed-up over-hyped "disaster"

I am starting to wonder,

OK I'm off to work on some stuff will post some pics

Hugs

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OK I took my mind off some things today by learning to post on you tube,

It bad but I laughed

youtu.be...

OMG

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hey Stormdancer: Love your stream of consciousness, let's get it out there, take on these times. Also, love that you described hubby as "essential," well, my first reaction, of course he is.
LOL

I don't mean that in any deprecating way at all, just my first reaction. My hubby would be essential,too, if I'd had enough patience to keep one.....lol. so good for you.

little things: I've been messaging with my thirty something daughter, who is a film study graduate, on films she prob never saw, as to her age. So I think we could start a recommending of films that have come and gone......I find usually generated by the actors we are into: like......how to repeat this conversation....lol
so.....my friend and I, isolating together in our apt., were talking about the current phenomena of celebrities posting FB stuff, telling folks what they should be doing....lol. And then on Today this morning, I needed, truly, Hoda to explain to me that they are doing this to instruct their "fan base on how to behave." Well, I think it was Hoda....we're doing stream of consciousness, so don't quote me as I'm not sure it was Hoda.

But.....that led us to a conversation about how you get to be a celebrity, as I'm always kind of flummoxed as to why they weigh in on politics, when we know them because of their acting which is naturally disengenuous because it's ACTING.....lolol Doesn't that right there tell you something about our culture?

So then it went from that to nepotism, and the only senior moment qualifier I could give as an example of that was Eric and Julia Roberts......when, back in the nineties, I think, she publicly stated don't ask me questions about my "wayward" brother, my description not hers.

So then, we were talking about Eric Roberts being kind of off the grid....lol, and prompted us to discuss his last really good role, which led us to "The Pope of Greenwich Village."

So.......circular thinking and all, I just told my daughter she should look up that 1984 gem and watch it.....cause she wasn't even born when it was made, and wouldn't have known the movie.

So there you have it. Stay safe, thanks for the thread, and much love.
tetra

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join