It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom is doing what you are told to do

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: ketsuko

That's not true. They're not breaking down anything. We are doing what we are doing (self-quarantining) FOR our neighbors, communities, etc.

I'm not talking about just now. This has been an ongoing effort for decades.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Was getting ready for work and I just had to pause.

I had the television on, it was switched to Fox News. The blond morning chick was interviewing the Flag & Folds guy about Covid-19. (Not sure what he does, but it's something for vets).

He said, and I might be paraphrasing just a bit, "Freedom is doing what you are told to do".

My jaw hit the floor.

Ummm, wait, what?

Freedom is doing what you are told to do.

Really. Now we're redefining freedom? C'mon people! For the love of GOD! That's not freedom.

That's. . . well that's the opposite of freedom.

Did I just wake up in another timeline?

No matter what country you are from, or what you believe, no one is free. We are all slaves to the system. Yes, people are conditioned and brainwashed to believe they are free, but that could not be further than the truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
“Culture is not your friend" - Terrence McKenna

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
“Culture is not your friend" - Terrence McKenna

Wish he was still alive!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But Janis Joplin said:

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
    Nothin', don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free, no no
    And, feelin' good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues
    You know, feelin' good was good enough for me
    Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee

So who is right?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Allaroundyou:

...do exactly what your government tells you to do because history has proven that to be the best option.

Yeah sure. Like the Jews did during the 2nd world war?

What we have here is a grab of 'ownership' of all societies across the globe, especially so in the developed nations. If 'they' own the society you live in, you are going to have to do as your told for the limited amount of freedom it gives you. You will also have to be able to contribute to its upkeep by being employable, so you will have to be very compliant. If you're not, you won't survive.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
a reply to: rickymouse

I often buy tonic water, soda water with quinine in it. I doubt there is much in it, but it has a distinct taste to it. Rather refreshing too, on ice.

But of course, any medication for malaria containing quinine is schedule 4 here, meaning prescription only, and procuring it is illegal.

Why not...

Tonic water was invented a long time ago. The english put a twist on it, they designed Gin and Tonic to help to deter malaria long ago. The amount of quinine in tonic water or coffee should be enough to actually help keep you from getting a severe case of this virus. It wouldn't by any means be enough to treat a bad case of it. It would help you to avoid fast replication when the numbers are low and allow our immune system to kill it when the numbers are few. It is enough to deter the progression in your body, no more. It also would not help if you were immune compromised, it would just help those who have active immune systems.

The link I gave explained that large amounts of coffee could trigger some bad effects, those effects deal with the same problems that the Mayo Clinic site posted about complications of the chloroquinone. I researched the side effects of coffee and tonic quinones and overconsumption does trigger the same effect in some people, particularly the Q wave abnormality risk. That letter from Mayo Clinic addressed how to assess people with an EKG to be able to lessen the bad side effects of the meds and how to treat people and identify possible side effects.newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org... n-cardiac-death-from-use-of-off-label-covid-19-treatments/

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You also have to consider that these days many people who talk about freedom mean freedom from responsibility...

Nail on head.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

With so many people being so awfully comfortable in all this, as we creep towards a Police State way of life, I wonder if the battle would not already be lost before it's fought?
Too much acquiescence, excusing, and apathy.
Prime attributes to allow one to be hoodwinked.
I work in E-Commerce and Cannabis, so most of my work takes place at home anyhow. So no drastic changes outside of my kids' lives really.
I don't drink, so bars and clubs don't matter.
I prefer to cook rather than go out or order in.
So, yeah, NBD mostly.
But, this slow creep...has me...anxious.
Time will tell, as always.
Wishing everyone here the best health and happiness. Stay the course.
Unity is always stronger than diversity.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Gravelbone:

I wonder if the battle would not already be lost before it's fought?

To be honest, matey, there is no battle that could be fought, you would never get the numbers to support you to offer any form of resistance, which would be crushed almost immediately. This is something we are all going to have to see through and live with. Maybe, 300 years ago, a revolution could have happened, but today, no chance. Not in the developed nations.
edit on 26/3/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I understand your rationale and can see how it could be reality. But I'm of a more positive mindset in regards to that particular context.
If not just foolish bravado, I actually do believe we have not yet heard the best of us in the worst of times. Perhaps it's just blind optimism.
Or my intuition. Either way, it's what I believe.
Never Quit.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Catch up brother we can't leave you behind!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Mach2
Take WWII for example. The government instituted a myriad of regulations. Given the circumstances, were they not justified?

No, I'd say nearly all of them we unjustified: locking up American citizens, having the press lie to the public, etc.

Yep, 75 years later and it seems like nothing's really changed. If anything it's progressively worsened over time.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Was getting ready for work and I just had to pause.

I had the television on, it was switched to Fox News. The blond morning chick was interviewing the Flag & Folds guy about Covid-19. (Not sure what he does, but it's something for vets).

He said, and I might be paraphrasing just a bit, "Freedom is doing what you are told to do".

My jaw hit the floor.

Ummm, wait, what?

Freedom is doing what you are told to do.

Really. Now we're redefining freedom? C'mon people! For the love of GOD! That's not freedom.

That's. . . well that's the opposite of freedom.

That’s the same Fox News right wing freedom they’ve been selling for years.

Maybe you’re just now waking up to it.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That's right. Do what you are told they say.

First they say, you must wear a mask

then they say, you must wear gloves

then they say, you must stay home

then they will say, you must take a government mandated vaccine

then they will say, you must have a global I.D.

then they will say, you must turn in you rifles

then they will say, you must not think a certain way

then they will say, you must not breath the air they breath, unless you do this or that

You see, it will never end. It's really about control. Total Control. Thats what this is.. probably just a test run.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone
a reply to: elysiumfire

I understand your rationale and can see how it could be reality. But I'm of a more positive mindset in regards to that particular context.
If not just foolish bravado, I actually do believe we have not yet heard the best of us in the worst of times. Perhaps it's just blind optimism.
Or my intuition. Either way, it's what I believe.
Never Quit.

Star for that.

I'm with you there and lean that way, still, most of the time.

edit on 26-3-2020 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneBird

Thanks. Tough times for us optimists

Take care of you and yours.
We shall persevere.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well it is said that price of freedom is being ever vigilant.

Is there a mortgage with a 25 year amortization for it?

edit on 26-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just think, I started this thread only 8 days ago, now it's the "new normal".

SMH

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join