It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admitting I was wrong about Coronavirus. And thanking DJT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Since the beginning of this pandemic I have been saying that the measures we have taken were out of proportion to the actual severity of the Coronavirus.

I still believe that statistically speaking when this is all over with this Coronavirus will prove to be no more deadly than some of the previous viruses in my lifetime. I hope I am correct.

The difference between this virus and past viral outbreaks is being seen at the hospitals. This virus although not more deadly IMO is more severe for more people for a longer period of time. Thus requiring more hospital resources to care for those patients.

The closing of the country made no sense to me at first because I could not fathom how woefully unprepared we were for this type of event.

I have heard a lot of people report that we were not prepared because we never planned for this type of event. Which at best is ignorant at worst a bold face lie. We have been fully briefed that this type of thing could happen and basically ignored all of the recommendations from those who were making such recommendations.

I do believe that we should blame previous administrations for their lack of actions, allowing certain supplies to become depleted. But I don’t give DJT a pass on this as he has had 3 years and was equally ineffective at preparing for such a crisis.

But I say thank you DJT for closing our borders, recognizing where the crisis was and making such recommendations that have basically thrown the economy into a tailspin. His actions are the reason why we are not having the same problem as many other countries are currently experiencing.

Are many hospitals in the hardest hit areas having a difficult time? Yes. Are many hospitals struggling with supplies and having an adequate amount of equipment? Yes. So thank you DJT for making the decisions when you did to mitigate the rate at which this disease has infected the population so that a difficult situation hasn’t become an impossible situation like we are seeing elsewhere.

But I think there is a bigger question to be answered as we move forward.

Can we ever expect a private for profit enterprise to invest in the type of supply overhead that is required in a pandemic? What would maintaining those supplies do the bottom line and our current insurance rates that are already number 1 in the world?

It should be obvious to anyone paying attention that we need a Social Program to ensure that these supplies are stocked and the equipment available for times like these.

No we don’t have to be “Venezuela” DJT to make sure our people have adequate medical attention and supplies when then they need it. But we do need some sort of Socialized response system in place for times like these.

I prefer single payer healthcare with the option for private care for those who can afford a higher level of care. But regardless of a single payer system verse other privately insured options it is clear that we need to make a change. We must have a Socialized network in place for dealing with future pandemics.

We can never allow ourselves to be unprepared again.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Good thing sane people didn't listen to Trump saying 'we shut it down, it'll be gone by April, there's nothing to worry about "

Wasn't this a' hoax' by the 'establishment' to compromise Trump..?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Good thing sane people didn't listen to Trump saying 'we shut it down, it'll be gone by April, there's nothing to worry about "

Actions speak louder than words.

I will take missinformed words followed by decisive life saving actions, which is what we have seen in the US, over the inaction or late reactions that we have seen in many countries that are currently be devistated.

Yes, Trump was misinformed in the beginning and probably regrets some of those comments.

But I believe we were second only to Russia in closing our nations borders to China. And one of the first to recommend what has now become known as shelter in place here in the US.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Not that you'll ever admit it, but the push for panic was done absolutely to hurt Trump. Don't forget, the Dems said in public that they will do anything to keep him from getting re-elected. Not that they initiated this virus, only an idiot would believe that, but they have been pushing the fear factor and I believe instructing the media to do the same though I have no proof of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I will take missinformed words followed by decisive life saving actions, which is what we have seen in the US, over the inaction or late reactions that we have seen in many countries that are currently be devistated.

Yes, Trump was misinformed in the beginning and probably regrets some of those comments.

But I believe we were second only to Russia in closing our nations borders to China. And one of the first to recommend what has now become known as shelter in place here in the US.

I think when the dust settles we're going to realize that he did a lot of things wrong, but a lot of more important things right. I believe his judgement on closing air travel as early as he did was more than the previous four administrations would have done and it was the right thing to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

trump also has consultants and they will have told him at some point that you can't talk this thing down anymore. everything he does has been recommended to him by others. luckily! the decisive thing is how he behaves in such a crisis, how he speaks to people, that's what it's all about, he has to inform people, speak on behalf of all citizens, make clear announcements, that's his job, he's not a doctor, he's a politician. but at least he has made the necessary decisions. good luck america!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Not trying to down play what is happening, because it is real. However, it isn't, what is being done now that should scare everyone, but what has been done before and what will be done after!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Trump has a lot of flaws.
Honestly the biggest is his inability to shut the hell up.

But I will say that I voted for him because of three principal ideals that he pushes for.

1- border control
2- bring home vital manufacturing jobs... pharmaceuticals, medical supplies
3- put America first

All of which are being proven critical by this virus.

As for the media, they take every opportunity to criticize with no regard for the consequences.
That and every politicians credo of never letting a disaster go to waste.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We're not having the same problem as other countries? Because he dragged his feet and called it a hoax for 2 months? Do explain. It's spreading a lot faster here than anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
We're not having the same problem as other countries? Because he dragged his feet and called it a hoax for 2 months? Do explain. It's spreading a lot faster here than anywhere else.

Wow you still believe that

Ok then.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It was Governors that took action while the White House sat on its hands. It wasn't Trump. The whole reason it's as bad as it is right now is BECAUSE of Trump's mishandling of the whole thing. And now he wants to make it worse. He's far more focused on placing blame on the Chinese than managing the situation. Pompeo is trying to coerce the G7 into using Wuhan Virus instead of the factual Corona virus. Just to smear the Chinese. What a tool.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Can we ever expect a private for profit enterprise to invest in the type of supply overhead that is required in a pandemic? What would maintaining those supplies do the bottom line and our current insurance rates that are already number 1 in the world?

Probably not, but the the government should. Whats the DoD budget? almost 700 $billion/year? Ya, I think they can reallocate some of that to help prepare for a biological war.

Ya, terrorist attacks suck and wars sucks, but personally, nothing in the past has affected my life like this outbreak, and we may not even have seen the worst of it yet.

Hopefully they will wise up and realize biological threats (aside from an asteroid the size of Manhattan colliding wide Earth, or all-out nuclear war) are quite possibly the biggest danger this world will ever face.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Wow you still believe that

Ok then.

Which part would you like to debunk?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Besides not knowing when to be quiet or choosing his words a little better I think Trump has done about a good as job as to be expected. Lets say he closed down the border any earlier? He already caught tons of hell for closing it when he did. The thing I like about him is at least he is optimistic and tries to stay positive. I think in his position you really have to tread lightly so you don't create a panic and it is very easy for us to play armchair Quartrback when we do not have access to the information he does. Things could have been a lot worse if he acted too harshly or too quickly because the panic would have been even worse. What would have happened if he came out in the first press conference and said yeah were screwed and closed everything?

I was hoping the virus was not going to be that serious here and for the most part the numbers have shown it isn't a major killer at the moment but what makes this one scary is it can be and it can be very quickly. To compare where the virus is now compared to a month ago I don't think it is an apples to apples comparison.

No matter what decision the President makes in this situation it won't be the right one for some people. At least he made a decision unlike some politicians that choose to not make one until its too late or really are not making decisions for the right reasons.

The one thing I know for sure is all of the people that are looking tot he Government for answers are not going to be happy. Any major crisis this country has ever seen has been conquered by the people and the private sector. The last thing we need is for the people to start fighting instead of rallying around each other and working together.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I have heard a lot of people report that we were not prepared because we never planned for this type of event. Which at best is ignorant at worst a bold face lie. We have been fully briefed that this type of thing could happen and basically ignored all of the recommendations from those who were making such recommendations.

This is exactly right. The same kind of stuff was said after 9/11. "Who would have imagined?"

Throughout the 90s, military and intelligence officials briefed Congress numerous times about the threat of terrorism and that they could conduct a mass-casualty attack in the United States.

No one took it seriously.

My biggest takeaway is that people need to be better prepared. Everyone should have emergency supplies.

It's not that expensive to build a disaster kit that has some rudimentary food, water, medical supplies and other supplies so you can hole up in your house for a week or two. Then there's no need for all that panic-buying.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's spreading a lot faster here than anywhere else.

I recall reading a thread previously with someone asking if there had even been any deaths attributed to this virus in the US, attempting to debunk it as a non-issue.

At the time, I think it was 1 death. This was 2 weeks ago, maybe?

This morning I heard that it is over 1000. And it has yet to be fully realised, given every day more and more people are getting it, the ages are starting to become varied with who becomes seriously ill, and the death toll keeps building.

And then we have complete morons using tic tok or whatever the thing is, licking items in stores and toilet bowls, for 15 seconds of fame...... at least this one rtard was arrested and charged.

'Who's scared of coronavirus?'

new topics

top topics

join