It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Rules that Female Athletes Do Not Have To Compete Against Girls That Are Boys.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
March 26, 2020

Why would the DOJ (Department of Justice) have to tell a school that girls can refuse to compete against other girls who are really boys? That's just common sense isn't it?

The U.S. Department of Justice has sided with three female high school athletes who do not believe they should be forced to compete against biological boys who identify as girls.

Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday signed a statement of interest that said the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference's policy allowing biological males who identify as females to compete in sports against biological females prevents females from being able to participate in single-sex athletics.

Source-1: twitter.com...
Source-2: justthenews.com...

I don't recall the Department of Justice issuing rulings like this. Usually its from a Federal Judge, isn't it?

At any rate, as you can see in "Source-1", there are a lot of emotions being expressed.

-CareWeMust

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It’s sad that somehow we needed this ruling in the first place.

Women faught hard, and for good biological and psychological reasons, for separate but equal access to sports.

And they should continue to fight for these rights.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

dang I was growing some big arse ttttiiiitties to compete in women wrestling... is that a thing?
grrrr
edit on 26-3-2020 by MarlbBlack because: Mr. Miyagi

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Can they also refuse to compete against female athletes with naturally high testosterone levels?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Can they also refuse to compete against female athletes with naturally high testosterone levels?

If it has ovaries they can compete.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: Isurrender73

dang I was growing some big arse ttttiiiitties to compete in women wrestling... is that a thing?
grrrr

It's a shame he's no longer with us but I blame Andy Kaufman for this!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

It's pretty sad actually. Apparently a lot of people really enjoyed see girls get the sh!t beat out of them by biological males. This should be common sense stuff, I wouldn't want my daughter competing against dudes, what happened to women rights?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well that's a relief.😅

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good.
Can we now get a ruling that men can't compete in women's sports period?

I don't care about sports, but they're creating an Olympics where it's going to be men vs men in tights if they don't sort their # out.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If you are “ovary impaired” you cannot compete with those that are “ovary enabled”.

The next question someone will ask is if a female has a hysterectomy does that disqualify her since she Has missing parts.
edit on 26-3-2020 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
If you are “ovary impaired” you cannot compete with those that are “ovary enabled”.

The next question someone will ask is if a female has a hysterectomy does that disqualify her since she Has missing parts.

That comment was an attempt at some PC/LGBTQ pot stirring." What about women with high testosterone?", gtfo of here with that. We are beyond being politically correct in this country. Time to grow a set and move on (testicles or ovaries, your choice what to grow.)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
Good.

As soon as we get a ruling that girls can't join the Boy Scouts.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: a325nt
Good.

As soon as we get a ruling that girls can't join the Boy Scouts.

I just want a scientific rule (and paper) showing that our species does not have the ability to change its sex, and the species which can, need to do so in order to survive. They didn't wait for medical science to reach a point where we can chop and add bits for fun.

Now if Tom wants to become Tina, more power to him, I can't tell adults what to do with their privates, but don't tell me your pseudo science is real science. Tom Is only lying to himself, the abject truth is objectively the truth.

We can't change our sex naturally. Kids play pretend, adults can play pretend too, but facts are facts
edit on 26-3-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The problem is that 3rd wave Feminism abandoned any notions of equality and egalitarianism long ago.

They now fight for women to have access to everything "male" (i.e. the Boy Scouts) while thinking their sacred cows (like female sports) should not have any reciprocal access.

The fact of the matter is that 3rd wave feminism doesn't really fight for equality, and when they actually get equality they don't really want it.

edit on 3/26/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I don't recall the Department of Justice issuing rulings like this. Usually its from a Federal Judge, isn't it?

You're right. This wasn't a court "ruling," just a statement of interest from the DOJ submitted to the state case in Connecticut:

The US Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr are weighing in on a federal civil rights lawsuit by supporting a filing that seeks to block transgender athletes in Connecticut from competing as girls in interscholastic sports.

Barr signed what is known as a statement of interest Tuesday, arguing against the policy of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, the board that oversees the state's high school athletic competitions.

The conference allows athletes to compete as the gender with which they identify, arguing it is following a state law that requires high school students be treated according to their gender identity. It also argues the policy is in accordance with Title IX, the federal law that allows girls equal educational opportunities, including in athletics.

Attorney General William Barr sides AGAINST trans athletes in federal lawsuit challenging Connecticut's policy that allows high schoolers to compete within their chosen gender

This is the case that Barr is responding:

The lawsuit was filed in February by runners Selina Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School; Chelsea Mitchell, a senior at Canton High School; and Alanna Smith, a sophomore at Danbury High School, against the conference and several local boards of education. (Smith is the daughter of former MLB relief pitcher Lee Smith)

The girls' lawsuit centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their cisgender competitors. The two seniors have combined to win 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Boadicea because: repeated myself

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

That vile question has already been asked by Trans Activists. The answer is, obviously, no. The female production system is a system... not random bits and parts scattered here, there and everywhere. Removing parts of the whole for medical reasons does not change the system, nor the sex.

No one would suggest that someone is less than human if they lost a limb or another internal organ.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

The fact of the matter is that feminism no longer fights for equality, and when they actually get equality they don't really want it.

Not technically wrong, but it's really not that simple. It's not like there is just one type of feminism. And there is quite a bit of infighting within feminism because of it. But you're right that none of them are really fighting for equality anymore. They're all too busy talking trash about each other (and the rest of us of course!) in their purity bubbles.

Those feminists who are fighting the Trans Agenda -- the so-called "Gender Critical" and Radical Feminists -- won't taint their purity by actually working with others who are not Rad Fem. They have pushed as many people away from the fight as they could, especially but not limited to conservative women, while they cry in their cups about awful awful men.

Yeah, feminists aren't going to fix this.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yup, as noted in the 1st sentence of that post, I was specifically referring to "3rd wave" feminism, but adjusted the sentence you selected to quote as well in order to make it more clear.

Since "3rd wave", feminism has fractured further and further, but "3rd wave" is still effectively the modern mainstream version.

edit on 3/26/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

It's pretty sad actually. Apparently a lot of people really enjoyed see girls get the sh!t beat out of them by biological males. This should be common sense stuff, I wouldn't want my daughter competing against dudes, what happened to women rights?

A lot of men hate women for third wave feminism. You can see it in the comments sections of lots of blogs. There is precious little distinction between a woman and a third wave feminist (aka feminazi).

As a woman who is pretty darn athletic myself who owes a lot of things in my life to that natural athleticism, I find it sad that I have so much of this to thank those crazy hags (both feminazis and transgenders) for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join