It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military tanks on union pacific train heading south of Los Angeles.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sobored

No, the Marines are. They're restructuring their forces, which includes getting rid of their Abrams.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Actually, no. They have a no leave or PCS order in place, but deployments and training are continuing.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't know what PCS means.

But yeah. I was being facetious. Pretty obvious the military cannot entirely shelter in place.

All DoD service members and civilians, and their family members will stop all official travel – such as Permanent Change of Station or Temporary Duty – through May 11. Exceptions may be given for compelling cases where the travel is: (1) determined to be mission essential; (2) necessary for humanitarian reasons; or (3) warranted due to extreme hardship

media.defense.gov...

Oh, I think I found out what PCS means.

edit on 3/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Fair enough, cheers.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JimERustler

Still nothing. Several of those were new vehicles being delivered. Others were heading to or from ports. Military equipment has to move somehow, and the most efficient way is by train. I see them fairly often moving around.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Permanent Change of Station.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yeah. It's right there in the notice.

and their family members will stop all official travel – such as Permanent Change of Station

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

They're closed to non mission essential personnel. Training and deployments are continuing.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ok then, nothing to see here folks, move along....
I'll drink to that.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

are we asking if psychological warfare applies to moving tanks through America during a lockdown/crisis situation?

No. I was asking if the "stay home" order from the DoD applies to tanks.

But I see you think that youtube is being used for psychological warfare because there are some youtube videos of tanks being transported, which is done routinely.

Do you think all those Nibiru videos on youtube were also psychological warfare?
Nice Straw bro I could make a hat with that. For the record, OF COURSE Youtube is used for psychological warfare, on a daily basis. However, I was talking about the TANKS being moved around as psychological warfare...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Every couple of months we'll see a military train running. It's always fun to see who is moving and which direction. You can usually figure out if a unit is about to deploy from watching the trains. They'll usually head west first; and hit one of the big training ranges. Then it's off to Texas usually. They'll load up at Galveston a lot and head out once the ships are loaded.

If marital law was about to be declared, tanks would almost certainly be low on the equipment list. They're intimidating as hell, but a painful lesson learned is that they're not very good in urban fighting. They're designed to kill other tanks at long range, not take on infantry and technicals on city streets.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

However, I was talking about the TANKS being moved around as psychological warfare...

And I pointed out that it is done routinely.

It is also routine that every time there is a rumor of "marshal law" comin' 'round, we see videos on youtube of tanks being transported.

So as far as psychological warfare goes, they've been crying wolf too many times if that's what they are up to.

edit on 3/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Doesn't change the fact I want to drive one down 1600

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Well, yeah. That's one of those things you'd be crazy not to jump at the chance to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006
16 beds 35 baths 55,000 sqft
OFF MARKET
Zestimate®: $419,496,436

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

lol sorry zaph I had to

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Personally, I want a Bradley. Pain in the ass to maintain from what I understand, but not a bad little APC. Can even take on a few second line tanks if they're very very careful and smart about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The OP makes a good point. We know the military is on some level of alert. They damn sure should be.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ya but to it it contends is not known yet right? It could be you they barrel roll toward?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join