It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a "Stay at Home Order" mean for YOU?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: madmac5150

(To all Canadians in southern Alberta... if you find a Titleist 1, with a small "Baby Yoda" ball mark... send those to Red Green, care of the CBC)

I wasn't going to say anything about "hitting" Canada. But what did Canada ever do to you?

It was a dogleg right, and I double-crossed my tee-shot... it wasn't intentional. We exchanged geese, and drank coffee at Tim Horton's... honest diplomacy...

Ask any Canadian...
edit on 26-3-2020 by madmac5150 because: Gattafinga!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Colorado goes under "stay at home order" tomorrow. I finally talked my daughter and SIL into taking the two grandsons out of daycare so I'll be babysitting a 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old until things go back to normal. They are both working at home on the phone most of the time now so all I have to do is keep the boys quiet hahaha. I'm retired so me and my little dog are going to move into their spare bedroom and pool our preps. I can already hear "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round" echoing in my head. At least it will help drown out the tinnitus.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

Two words.

Wonder Pets.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

the 1 and a half and 2 and a half have their own jobs on the phone? you are on top of the game!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

There will be a lot a pretty gardens and vegetables grown this year in France.

Whether we will enjoy them is a different matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes. Yes I can blame people. I don't want to contract this any more than the the next person doesn't want to. How do I know that you, by coming in my place of business, do not already have and are sharing?

You don't know what people are coming in with and sharing at ANY point during the year, though. Thus, IMO, the customer supplied illness gamble has never changed any for you.

You can always see if you can quit and still be eligible for unemployment under the stipulation of to protect your own health. Not sure if that counts or not yet, you'd have to check. Aside from sucking it up, that's an option. And I'm positive SOMEONE out of work would kill for your job right now anyway.

Sorry to be so blunt about it, but that's what life is now, and that's where you're at now, too -- weighing your options, as few left as there are.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I’m not really good at staying in a cage, even if it is my own home. I am however very good at staying away from people. The daughter and I have been shooting skeet a lot, Ive been doing chores around the house, I’ve been riding my cycle around, I’m lucky enough to live in the country, lots of hikes in the woods, I’m always laid off this time of year so being out of work isn’t a big deal. I’m one that figures no matter what we do we are going to be exposed, doesn’t matter how long they recommend we stay caged up.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger
Like food and drugs to stay healthy and fed there are others services we need.
We need the hardware stores if something breaks down. A pipe breaks or a circuit breaker fails. Or any number of things. They need those stores open.

And since they are open anyway a stay at home can get projects they didn't have time for done too!
Plant a garden in case there are food shortages this summer.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

To me it means stay at home. Only run out for essentials(I ran out of milk and cereal the other day and with a 12 year old those are essential.) I will have to go out and do some banking next month unless I can figure out how to transfer money from one bank to another. Other than that I am staying home, which dosen't bother me... I mainly stay at home anyway, now I am tasked with homeschooling my kid and I wasn't very good at school, plus he's treating this like a vacation and is fighting me on doing his work... he just wants to play video games all day.... and my SO is going bonkers right now. He's mainy pissed cuz we had plans for spring break and he took off of work and now he's stuck indoors.(He works outside mainly at Home Depot, so he goes back to work on Wed and I don't like it much cuz he comes into contact with customers a lot and touches dirty shopping carts all day long plus who knows what else.)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It means the only trips outside the house are to do curbside pickup of groceries and dropping bills in the mail, and doing all the cooking and cleaning myself (no eating out or carryout). Zero people in the house besides ourselves. No re-enacting season for my husband, and no social group events for both of us. Husband is working from home.

Other than that, pretty normal life. Just hoping neither we nor cats need emergency medical care for other issues while we're leading up to the peak.

edit on 29-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So far I have gone shooting in the desert three times in the last two weeks and metal detecting for gold once.

I have more plans to go out in the desert twice a week till this is over. Not a soul out there.

I am also waiting for the temperatures hit 100 degrees and 5 % humidity this summer. That will limit the virus to public places with AC.
anything outside get so hot you need gloves to hold it and virus can not survive.

One good thing about this virus is Calif has not had any major wildfire since this has started because no one is going out in the Forest.
edit on 29-3-2020 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join