It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a "Stay at Home Order" mean for YOU?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

stay-at-home order (also known as shelter-in-place order) is an order from an authority to restrict movements of population as a mass quarantine strategy for suppressing or mitigating an epidemic or pandemic by ordering residents to stay home except for essential tasks or going to work in essential businesses. In many cases, outdoor activities are allowed. Non essential businesses are either closed or changed to be working from home.[1] In some cases, it has been implemented as a round-the-clock curfew.[2] Similar measures have been used around the world, but the term lockdown is used instead.[3] Some officials have a concern that the word lockdown may send a wrong message for people to incorrectly think that it includes door-to-door searching and putting people into a quarantine similar to the Wuhan lockdown.[4]

Wiki linki for the above

Now...for me, this means exactly what it says, as noted by the bold (added by me) above.

I work in one of those "essential businesses" as deemed so by whoever it that deems these things. I work in a local hardware store.

Don't get me wrong...I very much appreciate the fact that I can still work, and will still be able to for the forseeable future...

But is venturing out to buy a scraper for your grill, or sandpaper, or potting soil of all things considered an "essential task"??

"Social distancing", as well as "no gatherings of 10 or more" has also been ordered. It's hard to practice these things when there are 15-20 people in the store at any given time, and the max distance between me and the customer checking out is like 3 feet...

Your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

My home state issued the stay-at-home order today until at least April 15th. I've been self-isolated 7 days now and working from home (job is a cluster**** and my company may not survive since it's a startup but hoping we can push through)

Honestly it's nice not waking up struggling to get ready and race into the office everyday and I'm so thankful just to have a job.

On the other hand, tensions are high, a lot is at stake and I think the governing body here in the US has failed us big time and monetary policy will cause much more damage than the virus can do - $6 trillion in stimulus they have announced, bailouts galore... economically this cannot end well

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Your place of business should already be shut down. I'm not sure why such a place would be open.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It means, Stay at home until you go bat sh!t crazy!

I’m quarantining. Even though I don’t feel 💩

Fear mongering was... so last season...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm still a kid at heart. For some strange reason I still get excited over snow days...
This is one heck of a snow day!!
Like, 150 feet of snow dropped overnight and buried you in for months on end and even if you have money, you have no way to get food. Even if you could get to the store it does no good because the trucks cant get in to restock the stores...

the last bit of my child within has been killed...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Shi@t I love staying home, less humans to deal with lol

edit on 25-3-2020 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Stay the hell home for a week, 2, 3, whatever.

It is not like they are asking us to put on a uniform and charge machine gun nests here like previous generations had to do.

This is a minor ask for our spoiled POS children to perform.

Damned crybabies would never make it through military basic training. Being asked to sit on their asses and play video games and watch netflix is not too much to ask for our little puddings is it?
edit on 25-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

Your place of business should already be shut down. I'm not sure why such a place would be open.

As stated, my type of business is slated as "essential". Right up there with grocery stores and gas stations. I understand that being able to get food and gas is somewhat a priority. What I don't understand is why folks in my community feel that they need that "couple screws" or they "just want to look around"...

We do a lot of business with plumbing and electrical companies...these I understand as well. But the average Joe, just going out because they are bored?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Wait brother.

You lads have not seen # yet, but it's on it's way.

Was just talking about this with a friend of mine back home tonight.

Everybody thinks it's not gonna be in my back yard until it is. We thought the same here.

Essential is changing day by day.

On the bright side...... what do you call a hooker with a runny nose??????? full

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Still working F/T job 5 days a week (Pool Company) and a P/T job 1 day a week (Security), both occupations deemed necessary otherwise i'm at home. My business probably won't survive as 2/3 of My sales outlets are closed other 1/3 if focused on necessities.
edit on 25-3-2020 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
But is venturing out to buy a scraper for your grill, or sandpaper, or potting soil of all things considered an "essential task"??

I understand what you're saying there, but the only reason I can think of that would make your work an "essential" is because you have the tools to fix something important that may require fixing during this lock-down. I work at a bank, so my job is essential as well. Even though our lobbies are closed, I feel like we're busier now than we ever have been.

If it helps with the "social distancing", you guys could always place duct tape markers on the ground to give people an idea of how far they should step away from you while at the check-out counter. Our local Safeway did that, and I actually quite like it. I really don't like people in my personal space anyway, so having everyone keep their distance is actually quite nice.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Telling a Michigander to avoid outdoor activity is akin to asking a tiger not to eat meat.

It ain't happening.

We spent time at one of the parks over the weekend, to get out of the house, stretch our legs and get some physical activity in. You can only walk the neighborhood so many times before it's boring AF.

Weather depending the next few days, we might do the same thing at another park, we're looking into ones we haven't been to yet. Nature trails are in abundance up here, you can be in the middle of town and still feel like you're in the boondocks easily enough, and keep distance from other people out walking & trying to avoid losing their minds in this crap.

Either way, where ever we do go, IF we go, we'll be in good company, because people up here ain't sitting still for s#. If they can't go to the bars or stores, they'll hit up the parks instead. Just try to stop them from doing that, lmao, I dare you.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm for the most part a homebody anyway. I really like my house and yard so that's not bad. When the weather is nice (it's crappy now) I can put my skiff in the water (my back yard) and mess about on the bay, go fishin'.

I had set up our office for remote access last week but there is a period of adjustment for everyone. There are also some things that really cannot be done remotely. Like mailing AP checks and depositing AR checks. We haven't totally figured that out yet.

I look at staying put vs shopping and stuff as a matter of probabilities. The more I stay home the more I reduce my chances of getting infected. I almost went to the grocery store today, checked my fridge and pantry, and figured "nah, I can make it to the weekend at least." No need to roll the dice if you don't have to.
edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win

Wait brother.

You lads have not seen # yet, but it's on it's way.

Was just talking about this with a friend of mine back home tonight.

Everybody thinks it's not gonna be in my back yard until it is. We thought the same here.

Essential is changing day by day.

On the bright side...... what do you call a hooker with a runny nose??????? full

Just in my city, 3 confirmed cases TODAY. None a few days ago...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
To me it means a great excuse to be a lazy bum. Long naps, lots of netflix, drinkin a little too much.
And just generally not doing a damn productive thing!
"But honey! We cant go shopping, it's the law!"

Yeeeaaahhhh. Ok, time for my nap.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have been following my own , self-imposed , "stay at home order" for decades now.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Means staying inside my home unless I need to go to pharmacy (which I do often) grocery shopping (which i will be after the 3rd) and drs and psych appts (which i have pretty much weekly).

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Netflix.
I stopped being choosy. Ended up watching some pretty crappy stuff (3022, for example).

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

wow what a #ty snow day..... lmao maybe you need to reconstruct your life? Mine has been clean out the garage, it's been years... I work long hours so it's nice to get paid from my company while I do it.. Sure i have to pop my ugly head on for a few meetings a week but damn I've grilled out some nice sausage even DB would be proud of.. now your local ones that have lost their minds I have 4 words to say.. It won't last long.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I'm for the most part a homebody anyway. I really like my house and yard so that's not bad. When the weather is nice (it's crappy now) I can put my skiff in the water (my back yard) and mess about on the bay, go fishin'

Omg! You're Robin Masters!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join