It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just defended spending 25 million dollars for performace art center in emergency bill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Being peanuts compared to the whole 2.2 trillion makes it justifiable and totally not an abuse of Pelosi and others? Ok copy... a reply to: carewemust

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Dont ask questions! Its an emergency, we cant question the government repsone because this viurs is so serious!

Oh the emergency bill, its does so many things to directly fight this virus.

One of them is give 25 million dollars to the Kennedy Center for performing arts

The appropriations text, released Wednesday along with the draft bill itself, includes $25 million in funding for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington D.C. That is down from the $35 million that was included in the recent Democratic-proposed House legislation.

www.foxnews.com...

Trump just fielded a question in the press conference and defended needing to do this to compromise with the dems.

There you go! Our government solely focused on fighting the virus, doing the important things with our money as the economy collapses

Thank goodness so many on this site and elsewhere told me i was wrong to demand the government answer basic questions before bowing down to them and doing anything they wanted to fight this virus!

So the Democrats demanded it, even held up the bill for days over this and you blame Trump?

Thats rich!!!!

He finally gave in just get the Bill out now to Americans who need the dam money. I think he was wise to do that because when its all over with he can yank that money right back.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well the Dems really forced a bunch of WTF crap into it....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What do you expect him to do, veto the bill and have the media and dems blame him. The left is crazy and sometimes you have to give some to get some.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

assets.documentcloud.org... here is the bill to be voted on friday i havent found much pork yet but i been busy most of the day what did you find that got added in?

carbon is mentioned not once
so that seems to be no green new deal stuff

environmental is mentioned 14 times but in context of clean up of stuff to decontaminate from the virus

put in prison and you find out the federal prison system gets 100 million

college returns 3 mentions mostly going to tribal health departments and education

12 month cap on stock buy backs

not seeing any major red flags but im exausted and just using search terms
edit on 27-3-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

carbon is mentioned not once
so that seems to be no green new deal stuff

environmental is mentioned 14 times but in context of clean up of stuff to decontaminate from the virus

put in prison and you find out the federal prison system gets 100 million

college returns 3 mentions mostly going to tribal health departments and education

12 month cap on stock buy backs

not seeing any major red flags but im exausted and just using search terms

Well that is a relief. Kind of funny how Pelosi came over with a bucket list of totally non pandemic things, and delayed the process for 5+ days. I looked through it quickly, tones of stuff so I'm not sure if anything is buried, hopefully not.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Called compromising something you have to do if you want to be in politics.....fellas..President Trump realized that He needed to compromise something with Fancy Nancy Pelosi...that is how politics works.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He's a businessman... you sometimes have to spend money to get more money. Also, added bonus, he'll likely use that piece of pork against the Dems who demanded it come November...
"When American families were reeling from the economic impact of Coronavirus and needed Congress' action the most, Nancy Pelosi held that assistance hostage to secure #25 million for the performing arts in New York City..."

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm glad. The arts are important to human resilience, motivation, and mental health.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join