It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just defended spending 25 million dollars for performace art center in emergency bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Did you forget how politics work? Yes, it's disgusting. But negotiations need to happen to get these greedy pricks to help us lowly, regular Americans.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Spot on!

Unemployed Americans and small business owners need help NOW...not next week.

Yes, it's true that there's some "pork" in the bill, but what's the alternative? Wait until everyone gets their way? No way that will ever happen in Washington and you would think the OP is smart enough to realize that.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I expected some liberal BS to be left in so that it could be approved. There's a lot worse concessions that could have been made.

Very few like having pork barrel crap being tacked on to vitally necessary bills. Nearly everybody thinks term limits AND age limits should be enacted. What would it take to make this happen? Our representatives certainly will fight it all the way to their bank.
edit on 300000066America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You are correct. Trump caved and folded big time .
There were options open , yet "I fold"

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: Grambler
It was a political bargaining chip talked down from 35 mil to 25 mill. Did they still get all the other pork Nancy wants?

hey ill tell my friends losing gtheir businesses, its cool.

You had to sacrfice for the good of the country. And your politicans on both sides played games and game performance arts centers millions of dollars while you were making those sacrifices.

OK, you are president and regardless of the reason, your opposing party is made up of kindergarten kids and they wont agree with you unless you agree to let them cut three minutes off of nap time.

Do you :
A. negotiate a 2 minute reduction to end the drama

or

B. stand firm on your ground until the opposition turns blue from their tantrums, and your original issue collapses

If there is a third option, perhaps we could let Trump know, but till then, we can work with these. I just want to understand your answer and thought process.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Note, also...that as Trump was speaking...negotiations in the Senate were concurrently taking place with expectations of the bill being passed tonight.

THE LAST THING POTUS should do at that very moment...is be critical of anything in the bill CURRENTLY being negotiated at the very same time in the Senate.

After it passes...he'll have plenty of nasty things to say about all the unnecessary Democrat pork...without jeopardizing the bill's timely passing.
edit on 25-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I expected some liberal BS to be left in so that it could be approved. There's a lot worse concessions that could have been made.
Very few likes having pork barrel crap being tacked on to vitally necessary bills. Nearly everybody thinks term limits AND age limits should be enacted. What would it take to make this happen? Or representatives certainly will fight it all the way to their bank.

Whatever happened to the bipartisan bill co sponsered by AOC and Ted Cruiz? It was about term limits. Of course, it went nowhere fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Then I guess we need to get Biden in there ASAP so he can handle the problem.

Oh wait... Biden probably can't even go to the bathroom without aid.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the bipartisan bill co sponsered by AOC and Ted Cruiz? It was about term limits. Of course, it went nowhere fast.a reply to: toolgal462

It didn't get the required 200 votes on the floor to move forward.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yep, its politics as usual. Still? Again?

OP is not wrong but it's been done this way for a few hundred years and all contributes to the problems we are in and will never get out of short of dramatic actual action.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Whatever happened to the bipartisan bill co sponsered by AOC and Ted Cruiz? It was about term limits. Of course, it went nowhere fast.a reply to: toolgal462

It didn't get the required 200 votes on the floor to move forward.

Of course it didn't

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Did you forget how politics work? Yes, it's disgusting. But negotiations need to happen to get these greedy pricks to help us lowly, regular Americans.

Don't see how you can call that a negotiation, it was a bribe.

People should be pissed off their government works this way not defending them for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Would you rather he had rejected it and let congress go on vacation? How long should he withhold help from the people? Till all the pork barrel crap is removed? That won't happen until all of congress is dead or retired. This is their game, and they're playing the dirtiest as they ever have.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No.. blame both Democrats and Republicans for shoving their own agendas into the bill.

Democrats would have zero leverage to include anything if the Republicans weren't putting their own stuff in.

The real distraction is getting you to blame the Dems or someone else to blame the Republicans. We can't see tge corruption if we're still playing the right versus left game.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I don't think this was about Biden.
Try to follow along....

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Would you rather he had rejected it and let congress go on vacation? How long should he withhold help from the people? Till all the pork barrel crap is removed? That won't happen until all of congress is dead or retired. This is their game, and they're playing the dirtiest as they ever have.

There were other options...
As I said.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There were other options...
As I said.

What option that wouldn't have held up the aid for gawd knows how long were there?
Serious question.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't support Trump on this.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I don't think this was about Biden.
Try to follow along....

This is a Presidential election year in a place called America.

Our current choices are Trump and Biden to vote for.

Try to follow along...

edit on 25-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The blame falls squarely on the Democrats. Trump could’ve vetoed the entire bill but then we’d have news stories how people are starving because Trump vetod relief. I think the bigger question is which Democrats are benefitting from them receiving that money?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join