It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushing back patient zero, possibly good news

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

And the rate as a percentage is obviously going to fall with broader testing. Which is why saying stupid things like:
How much do you reckon? Significantly? I used that word for a reason. Enough to make up for the increase in cases? Should New York just wait and see?

Either way, good luck to you.
And to you.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

No problem

After a particularly furious week with woodworking in mid november, I finally decided to stop being an idiot and get a respirator.

I started looking into them, how to use them, reviews, etc. I figured Id try some disposable, and an actual respirator. But, when I went to make the purchase, a lot of stuff was just unavailable. Not everything, but enough to pique my interest.

Similarly to what some others have mentioned, perhaps just an earlier incarnation of the same rumors today, the word was that large quantities were being bought and "sent back to family in China."

There were reports of some illness going around. Given how common that is, other than the mask inventories, I didnt think too much of it other than a quick look every few days.

When I started to see them spraying the streets, doctors speaking out, etc. it had my attention. There were lots of rumors like "lives on surfaces for days," "asymptomatic spread," and the like.. But.. I have "internet trust issues."

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Im of the mind that we can be pretty damn certain that "their number of fatalities arent necessarily be due to this coronavirus."

Especially given the context, like the HK protests, and the supposed acts the CCP carried out.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If prevalence rates look the same here as in Vó it would be more than two orders of magnitude different. It could obviously deviate higher or lower, but nearly everyone agrees the true number of cases is multiple times that of confirmed cases.

Here the chief of the Italian civil protection agency says it is likely they have 10x the number of confirmed cases. That would drop hospitalization and mortality rates by an order of magnitude.

It's really basic math. If the Vó numbers hold, it lowers more than moving the decimal place twice. It's basic math, my man, and it's in the study, and the OP, and explained already in the responses.

Since US numbers are vastly underreported by poor testing policy and availability, there is going to be a major shift in percentages here as testing becomes more widespread. How much? I don't know until they do testing. Estimates range all the way from 5-20 times true cases in the US vs confirmed cases. Hunt the Google and find one you like and do the math.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That would drop hospitalization and mortality rates by an order of magnitude.
And does not reduce the number of people in the hospital.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That would drop hospitalization and mortality rates by an order of magnitude.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with your questions of:

And you think that means that the 13% rate in New York will change?

13% of known cases require hospitalization. This is a fact, not a model, not a guess. Do you think that number will change significantly over time? 

So again, trolling or scientifically illiterate. Sounding increasingly like the second, in your defense. Maybe send the other guy after shift-change.
edit on 25-3-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Which has absolutely nothing to do with your questions of:

Actually it does. Especially since my point from the start is what matters is the numbers of people who are hospitalized.

So again, trolling or scientifically illiterate.

Can you lay off the ad homs? Maybe? Just a little?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not really an ad hom when you consistently mix terms that aren't interchangeable. Much like the last multi-day troll concerning "proof" and "evidence" where you either pretended one could not have evidence without proof or didn't know the difference. *shrug*

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't recall using either word in any recent discussion, certainly not together. Perhaps you're confused.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm not, but thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I felt like it might be relevant to add that when those spraying vids, doctor vids, etc. were first coming out, I definitely had alarm bells ringing.

When the first numbers started to come out of other nations, I breathed a bit of a sigh of relief. Definitely a concern, but all of these outbreaks over the years are a concern. I hoped some preparation would occur, since it appeared quite contagious (asymptomatic, life on surfaces). I figured that the reaction of the CCP was driven by some level of ignorance of the virus itself and an opportunity to throw their weight around.

Annd, here we are. Im still trying to figure out WTF is going on.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: muzzleflash

Find that honey! Make a mint!

Give me the ears of the WHO and NIH and I could reduce the Earth's disease rates by 90% in a few years for 1% the current cost with honey science alone. With way way less adverse effects rates.

Let the Dept of Agriculture take the advice and stop using dangerous pesticides. Our medicine and food is polluted.

We have more pressing matters at hand, we're wasting precious time. It's imperative we clean the oceans and reverse deforestation and eventual desertification.

We need to address drug addiction properly and decriminalize it. This is the doctors realm properly ok all drug use is. Not a policeman's responsibility.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Toward the end of January, several of us went to Nashville for a few days and on the day we came back, my wife quickly went from feeling a little sh!tty to feeling like death. For 2 days straight she had a fever of 102 and was coughing so much she could barely speak because her throat was shredded, along with every flu-like symptom outside of vomiting. The fever dissipated on the 3rd day but came back on the 4th. The cough lasted the entire week and slowly dissipated over the following week.

Going off memory, this was right as news started to break about Wuhan really getting out of control. I remember checking my phone to read up about the virus and said “Everything you’re going through matches this, but it’s still so new there it wouldn’t make sense that it’s here.” That was the only thing making me think she didn’t have it, was that it was still just being reported in China and there were no indications it had touched down in the US yet.

What’s interesting is that I never got it and I was right by her side the whole time. I really don’t get sick, like ever, and the few times I have in my life, nothing has ever lasted more than a day (well, after I had my tonsils removed in 5th grade anyway and I’m not counting food poisoning, which I’ve had twice). So maybe my immune system played a part. We got home on a Monday and she was back to work by Friday. She has her own private office and she just sent an e-mail to everyone before going in that she was still coughing a bit so not to visit her office. But no one from the office got sick either.

At this point now we’re both convinced she had it back then.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I recommend shelter in place immediately ends and all normal life resume.

We can't afford to ditch trillions over the common cold right now.

With just 1 billion we could advance honey science centuries. Good Lord these are massive crippling mistakes.

For no actual gain or advancement. All that $ down the drain...

If we could invest all that $ into research and universities it would the greatest advance in history. It's breaks my Heart to see America squandered right before my eyes.

There is no scientific justification for any quarantine. End it now!!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

It was obvious immediately the MSM was abusive with statistical data and made a point to exploit fears of the worst kind. By continually "covering it as emergency" they made it into an emergency.

Hitting Alert!! buttons make that happen.

So they forcibly shut the world down over a cold.

Look guys, we can't shut the whole world down every time a new cold breaks out. Or even a bad flu.

It has to be worse to justify even these petty illogical and totally ineffective practices like social distancing and needless over disinfecting everything lol.

All of this panic attack was completely unnecessary.

What if the actual death rate was .01375 approximate? What would the odds of that be? It'd be astronomical. Sigh...

The universe couldn't possibly be that cool could it? If it is a number like this - that'd be compelling proof we might actually live in a computer simulation.

I dunno. There's no way to know.... Lol. Oh well....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
I have seen a lot of these conjecture stories lately.

Not as much conjecture, as logical deduction.

I highly doubt that covid 19 has been running around for weeks to months before detected (we have people on boards stating October and November in the US which is almost impossible).

How so? Why is it impossible?

If it is extremely infectious, like we're being told (I this it is very likely true), but a very large percentage of people who get it remain either completely asymptomatic, or only have minor cold/flu like symptoms - and started in WuHan in November - or even December - then it stands to reason that it spread like crazy very quickly outside China, due to the fact that travel restrictions and lockdowns there didn't start until after it escaped.

Otherwise the exponential growth and infection rates would be sky-high by now.

That is the point. They almost certainly are.

Personally - to use the USA numbers as an example - I think you can multiply the number of people who are infected by a factor of 10 and that it would be a dramatic understatement of the real number (more likely it is more like 100 times) of infected people - but even if it is only 10 times, that brings the CFR down to 0.1%.

However, you also have to look at how these kinds of stats are compiled. Many people who are being listed as dying of COVID-19, are, in fact, actually dying from the underlying causes. This is one way that Flu stats are manipulated - people who die from complications of the flu are not listed in the stats as having died from the flu, but from the underlying causes. And it can work the other way around too.

Remember: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Bottom line: use this event as motivation to get healthy. Learn how to naturally boost your immune system, and enjoy the benefits of never getting sick from a cold or the flu again (you'll still be exposed to the bugs, you just won't get sick).

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
"That would drop hospitalization and mortality rates by an order of magnitude."

No, it doesn't, but it reveals something even more significant, for those with eyes to see.

It reveals that the modern view of our biological system wrt to health - and more importantly 'healthcare' - is really, really wrong.

Our microbiome consists of trillions of bacteria - and yes, viruses. These live within us, all the time, and in fact are necessary to life. We should not be afraid of them, we should embrace them.

There is nowhere I'd rather be than a modern medical trauma center if I experience some form of physical trauma (hurt in an accident or something).

But we need to do is stop relying on that system to tell us what is healthy, and instead, learn how to properly support our health naturally, including our natural immune systems.

The bottom line is, medical doctors don't have a clue when it comes to how to achieve vital health, only how to skirt the ravages of extreme malnutrition.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would 100% believe this. My partner from UK arrived the first week of February to the US with a strange cough/cold and shortness of breath. It was a very odd cold and everyone commented on how strange the symptoms were. This was long before there was anything close to a panic about the coronavirus, or even a name. It lasted about a week for him (he's 38) and I had milder symptoms about three weeks later (I'm 39). My mother developed symptoms a few days ago (72) but she's doing fine.

We're nearly sure we've all had it and been exposed to it. What this means for society at large is that the social distancing and ridiculous shutdown of the entire economy (to ram through legislation creating a digital dollar and nationalizing industries) will be over sooner rather than later. I think many, many people have already been exposed and most likely developed antibodies without even knowing it. Even the surge at NYC has dropped dramatically over the past few days.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

We have reason to believe we may have had it in our household in January. Whatever all three of us had had the right symptoms, and we absolutely had contact with people from the right part of the world at the right time to have had it spread to us.

But with patient zero tracked to November and current analysis suggesting that upward of 86% of cases went undetected, it becomes more and more likely all the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Now that we are able to view some things in retrospect, I know a handful of people who likely had the disease in December and January. Horrible symptoms, all suffered with it and did not seek help, stayed at home and eventually got over it. Amazingly, all had spouses and none of the spouses became sick.

Yes, I too think it's been around since December or earlier. No tests, no knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join