It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who’s to blame for the ventilator and mask shortages . It ain’t us

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I accidentally ran across the reason for your name .

Witty 👍

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I guess what is the point of blaming anyone. Obviously there is an issue or an underestimation of need.

Well, in 2009 Congress spent 90 million dollars after the H1N1 pandemic and found out we had problems with PPE and ventilators supplies and inventories and set a course to correct the problem. Someone dropped the ball, it was not underestimated it was ignored.

edit on 27-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just as we were sleepwalking before 9/11, we’ve been doing the same re: pandemics. We knew it could happen and we had multiple scares before Covid19, but we — and I mean the whole world — didn’t take It seriously enough until it was too late. So I don’t blame anyone for the shortage of ventilators. I think we need to stop pointing fingers and start mass producing ventilators ASAP, like it’s WWII and the boys on the front lines are running short of ammo. I’ve read about so many great ideas around the world for making ventilators and adapting other products for use as ventilators. Cut the red tape, stop the bickering and political games, forget about the costs and get moving!
edit on 27-3-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole
a reply to: Fallingdown

Obama was stockpiling alright. He was stockpiling all kinds of ammo to kill Americans. He made sure your local dog catcher had enough ammo to kill every dog and his master..

Oh be quiet. Don't talk such BS.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I'm sure she was lying. Afraid to tell me others got there before me.

Makes sense she would make up a lie about China instead.

why would someone be afraid to tell you that other customers got there before you? and go so far as to "make up" a story about china?
that actually doesnt make any sense at all.

Covid-19 started spreading around October in china, and was a growing issue...
so it would make sense that china would order and stock up..
they did the same with australian ventilators as well.

you think because your store is locally owned that it doesnt order supplies from a Mass Distributor? all china had to do was make a large enough order and since there was no lockdown present at that time on medical supplies your store would just accept the payment for the masks and let the distributor come pick them up.

I am pretty sure thats how the retail businesses work.
store lady probably heard that a chinese company bought them all, and didnt think anything of it until now as these sort of transactions internationally happen all the time. if the Chinese were stockpiling back in december it makes complete sense that they would order from any store that had them... including the small town locals...

at the time you claimed this happened, such a thing would not be unusual at all...as during that time WHO and the CDC had not announced any threat globally, so it would not arouse suspicion....

it makes more sense than lying out of fear you would beat her to death if she DARED say that you just missed the last sale, just sayin

edit on 28-3-2020 by Rave3n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rave3n

why would someone be afraid to tell you that other customers got there before you? and go so far as to "make up" a story about china?
that actually doesnt make any sense at all.

No, it doesn't make sense, does it?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole

Obama was stockpiling alright. He was stockpiling all kinds of ammo to kill Americans. He made sure your local dog catcher had enough ammo to kill every dog and his master..

Oh be quiet. Don't talk such BS.

Are you saying this was not true during Dear Leaders Reign? Dear Leader could do no wrong huh?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Anyone know of an online site selling masks that are NOT made in China?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I am Watching....youtu.be...

salut

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Whomever is steering the ship is where to look, so Obama, and Trump, share in dropping this most important ball.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rave3n

you think because your store is locally owned that it doesnt order supplies from a Mass Distributor?

Of course they do. But apparently it was the store which sent its stock to China, emptying their own shelves. That is what doesn't make sense.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What we need is for politically-connected slimeballs to own mask and ventilator manufacturing companies, so that they can be awarded luncrative contracts at huge profit margins to make and stockpile these items.

Medical device, health insurance and pharmaceutical corporations don't prepare for eventualities - they exist to maximize shareholder value. With all of the rules and regulations in their favor, the tradeoff should be a requirement to contribute to preparedness.

Our policies, as they stand, encourage just-in-time inventory under normal circumstances. There's so much waste and profit in healthcare that the "rewards" of doing business in the arena should be reserved for those who fulfill pandemic preparedness requirements.

If a pharmeceutical corporation wants to charge 10x in the US what they charge others for the same medications, they should be required to put 99% of the extra charge toward pandemic preparedness. Whether that's in a fund or stockpiles of potentially necessary medications - if we're going to allow the healthcare industry to pillage US citizens, we should get something in return.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I did hear the price of ventilators has increased..bigly

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
TO PHAGE china assumed before who or CdC that they :::::::::::::::::::MIGHT::::::::::::::::: have an issue on their hands... then before any alarms are raised, it makes sense they (supposing financial dept. says it CAN BE DONE) bought and ordered all the backup supplies they could, and for a store in America today, getting a huge order on occasion is no big deal.
the store in question is not in on the inventories or sales of other stores, so getting a large order for a product, and not getting resupplied by next week are two different instances, whereis store knew its first supply went to china, it has no access to other stores from same distributor... so the fact they saw nothing suspicious is because retail stores do not actively employ "Inv Auditors"
so most likely it was a case of their store inv being ordered out by china,
and when they called and asked about resupply, the dist. told them they just had their entire current stockpile bought and shipped.

corporations for sales dont look at the "WHY" of a Buy... this mass buyout would appear suspicious ONLY NOW.
at that time, it wasnt in the news here or to the owners of stores that china was buying up medical supplies worldwide.

to them it was just a sale.
we only now ask our questions about sales because suddenly the reason for said sales is effecting us too now.

so it makes perfect sense in this context: China saw a problem, took preemptive action regarding said problem... but failed to inform the rest of the world probably because it hadnt effected the world yet, and was just doing what any nation would do, which is BUY LOW while that will reduce the cost to save their own nation from a new plague.

selfish sure.. but only as selfish as anyone who secures their own family first.
logical, though not justifiable in means and ends.

P.S. I am honored by your Doubtership and Acknowledgement.

edit on 29-3-2020 by Rave3n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My friends hospital has a shortage as in , NONE, but there has been no large numbers of patients in fact they are laying people off, so where are the warehouses with medical supplies?

This just does not add up.

Same here in my town two major hospitals and they are not busy, no one is going to the drive through testing tents.

Only one death and eight cases.
edit on 29-3-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The most common and standard shelf life of an N95 mask is five years from its production date.

www.echofavor.com...

Have the expired ones been replaced during Trump's tenure? This is not a place where blame can be placed on the previous administration or this administration.

tell that to the left and the left media who are blaming Trump for this virus like the pathetic witch Hillary and her last pathetic tweet about making America first in regards to the number of affected people in USA, id like to see you criticise her for once and here is your chance

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Ok. I don't like her. Happy?

But it seems that you pay more attention to her than I do.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

happy for what exactly?

da hell with her, I do not follow her, I just read a retweet of her making a joke of Trump using a crisis

own it

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

happy for what exactly?

That I don't like her.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

People are stepping up to the plate . They interviewed Mike Lindell the “My pillow guy” on Fox last night. He’s switching over his manufacturing centers to make mask .

That’s the kind of people we need .

If not to protect us from the virus but to ease the panic . Those scared over the virus and wanting masks. Will ‘breathe’ easier when they get a mask . ( another groaner pun from FD”

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join