It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who’s to blame for the ventilator and mask shortages . It ain’t us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
To be honest they are both at fault since they are in charge but....

Why were they not stockpiled? Why were we as a country no prepared? Complaining about money?

Bull#.

If our past presidents would have cared more about being proactive and not reactive we would not be here. 100's of Billions spent each year on pet projects, foreign aid and entitlement programs but not preparing for a pandemic we were warned about a decade ago is ok? No wonder these appointments were cancelled recently they have not done anything for us. Think about that.

What this entire thing is showing is that for the last 30 years our tax dollars have not been used to protect and/or help us.

The next person I blame...WHO.

$4.422 billion over two years (2018-2019)* in funding and we are not prepared????

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Instead they acted like good little politicians and passed the buck

They literally passed the buck to the military.

All roads lead to your federal government—the present and past administrations are to blame. This is a top down issue.

Is it true that Pentagon spends on average around $300 MILLION USD on marketing and recruitment per year...?

Army to spend $300 million on bonuses and ads to get 6,000 more recruits

WASHINGTON — The Army plans to spend $300 million in a blitz of bonuses and advertising over the next eight months to recruit 6,000 additional soldiers it needs to fill out its ranks.

www.usatoday.com...

That's a two year old article, btw.

Go ahead and google Pentagon Marketing Budget for—RECRUITMENT PURPOSES— for the year 2019. Get back to me on that number and ask yourself how much ventilators that could of purchased.

Btw, how much TOTAL hospital beds does the United States have currently for its 330 million population...?

Rhetorical question.

How could the current administration be so ill prepared that they didn’t have enough safety masks on hand ?

Don't worry about that. Uncle 'the Pirate' Sam has it under control by doing what they do best: stealing resources from other countries to accommodate their *ill-prepared* population.

Air Force moves 500K coronavirus test swabs from Italy to US

thehill.com...

Btw, both media links are American owned.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In 4 1/2 years when Trump leaves office it’s OK with you if he leaves the national emergency stockpiles empty ?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No.

Do you not watch football? Do you not know what a fumble is? It is a dropping of the ball.

Now, go back and read what I wrote.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I only heard whispers about the other things a little bit ago .

Do you have any where I can start ?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Funny You mention that, my mother ended her career of 40+ years in healthcare as the person in charge of infection control at the local hospital. My wife working for an alcohol distribution company is deemed essential and is still working, however isn't provided with any PPE and we are poor as f%×$ now so cant buy disposable things even if we could find them. The advice I got for her was get some gloves...any would do even those big rubber yellow dish washing gloves...use them and after using them to sanitize with a bleach water mix or alcohol between each store. Take them off carefully to not touch outside and to just drop them into the sanitizing solution then store in a zip lock. Rinse repeat. Masks are a bit trickier...due to how filters work...and goggles are as easy as the gloves. It all comes back to masks...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It's probably the ffp3 filter element which traps viruses which is hardest to clean without damaging the membrane maybe when you dry it out . But maybe if you crystallize salt into it somehow or soak in strong saline so it can dry out with a virus killing layer . Maybe taping saline soaked and dried cotton wool over the element might work for longer anyway. If masks are such an issue and goggles a must it must be properly airbourne , or just very concentrated where the patients are and that spossibly why the Netley Abbey method worked as well , not gathering them togetherinto one big infected virus-hub helped both nurses and patients not get so sick as to die or get as morbid as quickly

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump mentioned at a press briefing the other day how the Obama Administration left the country with empty stockpiles of a lot of things.

Thank you for digging up the specifics and sharing them here with us.

And yet, had 3 years to be the "hero" and make it right..but no, what a missed opportunity

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

No not airborne so much as it can travel in your hacking and sneezing and wiping on things. So you need to protect your face because the nose and eyes are entries, the hands because you touch entries, and the airways because they could breath it within a good 3-6m from a big sneeze in a breeze or a cough closer in. If you really wanna be paranoid get undressed at the door and wash your clothes each time too.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Obama administration dropped the ball. Happy

When a player drops the handegg it is indeed a fumble . In American football the correct strategy is for either team to scoop up that fumble immediately and retain possession or score .

Not to gather around and stare at it on the ground for seven years . Especially when you’re being compelled by Congress to act.

During those seven years the Obama administration was remiss in their duties .

Under a act of Congress and US code 42 §247d–6b.

Strategic National Stockpile and secu- rity countermeasure procurements
(a) Strategic National Stockpile (1) In general
The Secretary, in collaboration with the Di- rector of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and in coordination with the Sec- retary of Homeland Security (referred to in this section as the ‘‘Homeland Security Sec- retary’’), shall maintain a stockpile or stock- piles of drugs, vaccines and other biological products, medical devices, and other supplies in such numbers, types, and amounts as are determined by the Secretary to be appropriate
and practicable
, taking into account other available sources, to provide for the emer- gency health security of the United States, in- cluding the emergency health security of chil- dren and other vulnerable populations, in the event of a bioterrorist attack or other public health emergency. The Secretary shall con- duct an annual review (taking into account at- risk individuals) of the contents of the stock- pile, including non-pharmaceutical supplies, and make necessary additions or modifica- tions to the contents based on such review.

(2) Procedures
The Secretary, in managing the stockpile under paragraph (1), shall—
(A) consult with the working group under section 247d–6(a) of this title;
(B) ensure that adequate procedures are followed with respect to such stockpile for inventory management and accounting, and for the physical security of the stockpile;
(C) in consultation with Federal, State, and local officials, take into consideration the timing and location of special events;
(D) review and revise, as appropriate, the contents of the stockpile on a regular basis to ensure that emerging threats, advanced technologies, and new countermeasures are adequately considered;
(E) devise plans for the effective and time- ly supply-chain management of the stock- pile, in consultation with appropriate Fed- eral, State and local agencies, and the public and private health care infrastructure;
(F) deploy the stockpile as required by the Secretary of Homeland Security to respond to an actual or potential emergency;
(G) deploy the stockpile at the discretion of the Secretary to respond to an actual or potential public health emergency or other situation in which deployment is necessary to protect the public health or safety; and
(H) ensure the adequate physical security of the stockpile.
(b) Smallpox vaccine development (1) In general
The Secretary shall award contracts, enter into cooperative agreements, or carry out such other activities as may reasonably be re- quired in order to ensure that the stockpile under subsection (a) of this section includes an amount of vaccine against smallpox as deter- mined by such Secretary to be sufficient to meet the health security needs of the U

Source

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

During those seven years the Obama administration was remiss in their duties .
Yes. I know.

And the Trump administration apparently was too. Best economy ever, but they didn't fix the problem.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Literally the same face...or tail even, on both sides of this coin.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Some epidemiologists have, from the start, recommended funding for treatment rather than for the economic alleviation for the consequences of quarantine.

We are all going to get this at some stage.

Quarantine only defers onset. It doesn't flatten the curve of an established pandemic. It doesn't put the bad genie back in the bottle. It only works before there is a pandemic, when the growth in the infected is similarly linear to the linear slope of the quarantine effectiveness

The most effective treatment to prevent deaths, to date, is oxygen therapy.

The government is putting resources elsewhere.

edit on 25/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well my city is the one where the genius governor outlawed out patient treatment with one of the few promising treatments cause some idiots in the state next door took aquarium cleaner cuse it had part of the medicines name in the cleaners name and 1 died the other is in ICU. Either that or pharma is trying to pay its way into blocking a treatment it wont make bank on.

I agree we are all eventually going to get it. At best we get a flu like vaccine we guess at each year and maybe we get lucky who knows the side effects especially cause its being rushed. Iceland already mapped 40 mutated varients.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This Governor?

"In other words, if a doctor in a hospital or emergency room setting wants to prescribe these drugs to treat a patient diagnosed with COVID-19, he or she is still free to do so," Sisolak tweeted.

If the medications are prescribed by a doctor for outpatient use, a code will be tagged on the drugs which will limit users to a 30-day supply only, according to a statement from Sisolak.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I am actually mistaken...the way I read the source in another thread was they are only allowing the treatment for in patient. If that's true its sound quite reasonable considering the reports of patients getting better within 3-4 days and I doubt they are going to prescribe it for more than a week or 2. Quite honestly I don't get why anyone trued to hoard it the medicine is actually pretty cheap and common. Unless it's like the toilet paper or price gouge scheme.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I read it as treatment for COVID19 is for inpatient only. Which makes sense, continual monitoring is called for if someone is that sick.

The rest of it seems to be for those who are prescribed for other purposes. Thirty day supply max. I don't think anyone is sick with COVID19 for 30 days.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yet the doctor recently in the lime light for trying to report on it has treated 350 at the time, more now I assume, with it and has had minimal side effects...the point is its a way to keep pressure off the hospitals unless treatment doesnt work. Just like if you see a doctor now he prescribes the best treatment and if it doesn't work or gets worse you go back. Thats how we triage and keep beds free already. And also not bankrupt the country...

Not to mention the only reason its even a thing is some shady docs comitted fraud and some idiots took the wrong # and made it all look bad...mostly because the media pushed that spin on it.
edit on 25-3-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yet the doctor recently in the lime light for trying to report on it has treated 350 at the time
He claimed 100% success. Quite remarkable. Hopefully he has some backup for that claim. I'm sure the medical community would like to see it. That's far better than the few actual controlled trials show.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: carewemust

I only heard whispers about the other things a little bit ago .

Do you have any where I can start ?

Figuring out what the hell is going on with Dem sabotage right now. Will check out the shortages left by Obama later.

Bernie Sanders is threatening to delay the bill's passage, unless he gets what he wants.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

How can ONE Senator get in the way, when there are more than 60 (the required minimum) willing to vote "YES"?
edit on 3/25/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join