It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who’s to blame for the ventilator and mask shortages . It ain’t us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: andy06shake

Can't say about meat or the grocery but I know some service stations here in vegas are upping prices during this. I know because my wife is a sales rep and she just had to go in yesterday and change a clients pricing in all the stores in her area. And those changes weren't lower...

There's also a Russian-instigated OPEC oil, trade war going on..

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Obama administration ignored multiple recommendations to restock N95 masks for the national stockpile.

A federally backed task force and a safety equipment organization both recommended to the Obama administration that the stockpile be replenished with the 100 million masks used after the H1N1 outbreak.

Charles Johnson, president of the International Safety Equipment Association, said that advice was never heeded.

www.washingtonexaminer.com... ed

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Jokes on them...people are barely driving at the moment...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I've seen people driving. Wearing masks and gloves. Windows up.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The current administration had 3 years to correct the problem.

The way they pitbull anything Obama, you'd think they would have. They could have even got American manufacturers in on it.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"You people should have stocked up on your own ventilators. It's not the (NY) government's job to keep you breathing!"

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Look ANY administration from 911 on had a mandate to make sure we were prepared. Just look at the Katrina et al response.

I'm hoping we learn and move as much of our supply chain out of the ChiComs grasp.

It will make us safer, diversify our supply chain, and help keep them in check as it will be hard to grow a military without a huge trade deficit in their favor

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I bet if anyone really investigated this they would find some twat at a lower level was effectively embezzling money cause what are the odds that many ventilators would be needed.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IAMTAT

The current administration had 3 years to correct the problem.

The way they pitbull anything Obama, you'd think they would have.

Obama had 7 years to make it right...all the while ignoring federally-backed recommendations to restock.
He left every aspect of the nation in shambles.

Trump's 3 years have been used actively cleaning up Obama's negligence and mess.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well in 2009 the hospitals were instructed to:

Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and Systems: Develop and implement specific plans to provide adequate worker infection control education and to improve existing stockpiles to levels adequate to insure healthcare personnel are supplied with proper equipment to respond to a pandemic influenza event, including hospital infection control and other substantial worker protection mechanisms and systems.

www.phe.gov...
Maybe the hospitals should take some responsibility.

The most common and standard shelf life of an N95 mask is five years from its production date.

www.echofavor.com...

Have the expired ones been replaced during Trump's tenure? This is not a place where blame can be placed on the previous administration or this administration.

edit on 25-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The most common and standard shelf life of an N95 mask is five years from its production date.

www.echofavor.com...

Have the expired ones been replaced during Trump's tenure? This is not a place where blame can be placed on the previous administration or this administration.

That raises a host of issues. There were 12 to 13,000,000 mask in the stockpile . The only figures I saw for how many had expired were estimates that said 5 million of them . The CDC did a study from 10 different facilities and found that the expired mask offered adequate protection from CV. Which makes the expiration date a version of do you throw your milk out on the day that is stamped on the container . ( Half joke don’t anybody flame me )

But the bottom line is if the Obama administration replaced the 100 million they used. I would’ve only had half a thread . Lol

Here you go

The information about the 100 million used is in the second link on my OP .

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes...i was being facetious a bit. A whole lot of people are using a significantly less gas...and yea occasionally I run into someone doing that...its not smart though as wearing the PPE in the car brings the germs in...taking it off and keeping it in a bag keeps the car safe so you dont have to drive like you lived in a field hospital needlessly. On the bright side ive gotten some great laughs at things like that lately and you know what they say...laughter something something best medicine...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Hospitals have their own policies.

The topic is about the Strategic National Stockpile. The federal government's responsibility.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

But the bottom line is if the Obama administration replaced the 100 million they used. I would’ve only had half a thread . Lol

And if the Trump administration had picked up the fumble and run with it we'd still be in trouble.

But they didn't apparently. They stood there and looked at the ball.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If Obama's improvements to public health had gone into effect, we would have what we need and a system to utilize in defense of the nation.

Which include but are not at all limited by:

Unknown to the public has been massive upgrading and professionalization of emergency response systems in the United States and globally.

Two National Health Security Strategy Plans (NHSS), 2010 to 2014 and 2015 to 2018, have galvanized national efforts to minimize the health consequences of large-scale emergencies in response to the deficiencies evidenced by the tragedies of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005, to achieve a “health-secure and resilient nation.”4

The work’s impact can be seen in the US government’s response to national and global health security threats over the past eight years such as the 2009 influenza pandemic (H1N1), Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), the West African Ebola epidemic, and the current Zika virus threat.

This new infrastructure helped to address health security threats from recent international crises such as the 2010 Haitian earthquake, the 2011 Japanese tsunami and nuclear power plan incident, and the 2013 Philippines typhoon.

ajph.aphapublications.org...

Trump moved to undo these departments and plans.

Trump, instead, chose not to put back into place the pandemic response teams that he had fired back two years ago, and gave responsibility for the coronavirus to Jared and Pence.

Jared had his brother-in-law ask for advice on Facebook, producing a computer print out page of suggestions for people that Trump passed out last week.

Mike Pence chose to basically do nothing. And so the world is watching as American hospitals are begging people to sew masks and protective clothing in their homes and donate them to the hospitals.

www.thomhartmann.com...

ajph.aphapublications.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Fallingdown

President Trump mentioned at a press briefing the other day how the Obama Administration left the country with empty stockpiles of a lot of things.

Yea, Trump says LOTS of things on the public record. Almost all of them are based in fantasy or outright lies. And blame Obama? He blames Obama for everything.

I don't know Stormy Daniels
I don't know Jeffrey Epstein
I don't know Parnas
I don't know Prince Andrew
I don't know Jean Carroll
There's going to be a huge middle class tax cut (said just before the mid-term elections and never mentioned again)
I'll release my taxes

it's endless...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

That is literally laughable. That's as dumb as saying its all obamas fault and trump isnt to blame.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

your argument might work for gloves, masks and other disposable stuff but equipment like ventilators cost thousands of dollars, require and respiratory therapist to set up and maintain. you can't just expect everyone to buy expensive medical equipment just in case of some emergency situation, most can't afford to waste that much money on something that might or might not happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So, basically our shortage of N95 masks was because Obama gave them out and never restocked back in 09. My question is why they did not catch this shortage they created under his administration up till 2016. I suppose the people running that program just figured that stocking was not important since their asking got ignored, I would bet they never even tried to get them restocked after maybe 2014, since it became the new norm.

Dems can't blame this shortage on the present administration. The low stock became the new normal stock.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No one is to blame because no one saw this kind of a need.
The thing now is to get them to where they are needed at this moment and not have them waiting at a site that may need them in the future. We can keep moving them to the places where they are needed.
And speed up production of more machines.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join