It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada's Democrat governor outlaws hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus sufferers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: trollz
This is a very toxic drug, that can cause blindness, liver failure and death,

It can be, and like all drugs, can have serious side effects.

But, have you noticed, the side effect for some - especially those at high risk for this thing - is also death?

Since Dr. Vladimir Zelenko has shown extremely promising results with 350 patients - 100% effectiveness - this should be pursued by anyone and everyone, this should be quickly expanded, and as it is expanded with no serious problems, keep expanding it until it is being used everywhere.

The clinical trials only started yesterday.

Good - but no need to wait for those results as long as the dosage doesn't result in bad side effects, and the results are replicated as the usage expands.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Boadicea

Be real careful about telling people to mega dose vitamin c, sure fire way into kidney stones if its not iv or liposomal.

Thank you, yes.

But men -- not women.

And as you noted, oral Vitamin C, not IV Vitamin C.

And as a long-term daily supplement it is a problem, as opposed to a temporary regimen to fight illness. If I recall correctly (but no one take my word alone for this!), 3,000 mg (or more) per day was when kidney stones developed.

There was a study not to long ago which suggested the form of supplemental Vitamin C might be a factor. As well as how many doses per day. And also that the men who do develop kidney stones might have a predisposition for kidney stones, but I cannot remember if a reason for that predisposition was mentioned.

So yes. Based upon what we know now, men should be aware and careful while taking Vitamin C supplements.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Maybe because hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous if used with out medical guidance and dumb people are willing to listen to stupid misinformation and think they should try it.

Hydroxycloriquine? Are you sure about that?

Maybe you haven't done your homework.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
From the link:

The governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires the appropriate prescription coding for their “legitimate medical purposes” and limits prescriptions to a 30-day supply.

The order doesn’t limit use of the drugs in hospitals, only in outpatient settings where hoarding is evident, the governor’s office stressed. Doctors may continue to prescribe them to hospitalized COVID-19 patients at their discretion.

The regulation focuses on outpatient services where there has been evidence of hoarding of these drugs, which can impact those who need the drugs for other conditions and COVID-19 patients in hospital settings where a doctor could determine that trying those drugs might be helpful.

Now the question is: who is hoarding the drugs:

Doctors Are Hoarding Unproven Coronavirus Medicine by Writing Prescriptions for Themselves and Their Families

Pharmacists told ProPublica that they are seeing unusual and fraudulent prescribing activity as doctors stockpile unproven coronavirus drugs endorsed by President Donald Trump.

A nationwide shortage of two drugs touted as possible treatments for the coronavirus is being driven in part by doctors inappropriately prescribing the medicines for family, friends and themselves, according to pharmacists and state regulators.

“It’s disgraceful, is what it is,” said Garth Reynolds, executive director of the Illinois Pharmacists Association, which started getting calls and emails Saturday from members saying they were receiving questionable prescriptions. “And completely selfish.”

And these are the people we are expected to trust with our lives and limbs... to act in their patients' best interests...

I really don't know what to make of this.

We've got armchair warriors saying that the treatment is horse sh1! but then we hear medical professionals are hoarding it.

Does it work or does it not? I'm sick of the BS.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Be real careful about telling people to mega dose vitamin c, sure fire way into kidney stones if its not iv or liposomal.

Thank you, yes.

But men -- not women.

And as you noted, oral Vitamin C, not IV Vitamin C.

And as a long-term daily supplement it is a problem, as opposed to a temporary regimen to fight illness. If I recall correctly (but no one take my word alone for this!), 3,000 mg (or more) per day was when kidney stones developed.

There was a study not to long ago which suggested the form of supplemental Vitamin C might be a factor. As well as how many doses per day. And also that the men who do develop kidney stones might have a predisposition for kidney stones, but I cannot remember if a reason for that predisposition was mentioned.

So yes. Based upon what we know now, men should be aware and careful while taking Vitamin C supplements.

Ask me how I know

The smile emoji is a lie!! it sucked realllllly bad, no previous disposition, was about 6 years ago. I had read some info here and being the dummy I am..lol 3000mg sounds about right, I think bottom line..stay very much hydrated and be careful. From all accounts Liposomal can be absorbed and tolerated quite well.

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I really don't know what to make of this.

I think that's intended...

Part of the problem is that any drug that is not specifically FDA approved based on clinical studies for a specific purpose -- and these drugs are not specifically tested or approved for Coronavirus purposes -- are easily dismissed. There has also been reports that it was not as effective as some are saying. I've also heard that they are not effective in all cases, but show remarkable success in others. I think some folks are deliberately stirring the pot.

It might have something to do with the pharmaceutical company which makes it wanting its usage for Coronavirus to be conducted as a clinical study (on the cheap!), which would allow it to pass FDA approval for this purpose, and which probably means bigger bucks for the pharmaceutical company.

I don't know... but that's what I'm seeing.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ask me how I know

The smile emoji is a lie!! it sucked realllllly bad, no previous disposition, was about 6 years ago.

Oh no!!!

I had read some info here and being the dummy I am..lol 3000mg sounds about right, I think bottom line..stay very much hydrated and be careful. From all accounts Liposomal can be absorbed and tolerated quite well.

Thanks -- I haven't researched that really, but that's what I've heard.

I've thought about writing an OP about how to research medications and supplements, especially contraindications, maximum tolerances, all that kind of stuff. Maybe I should get on that soon...

Stay safe.

I'm doing my best -- you do the same!
edit on 25-3-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

. I think some folks are deliberately stirring the pot.

I think that too.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm a new account and can't post new topics yet but in Las Vegas NV our essential businesses are now under threat. The Home Depot at 1401 S Lamb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104 is restricting customers to 100 in the store creating a long line outside because of a "recommendation" from the Nevada governor. As this progresses most likely the number of customers will be continually reduced until...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Maybe because hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous if used with out medical guidance and dumb people are willing to listen to stupid misinformation and think they should try it.

I doubt that is the reason because the OP stated:

originally posted by: trollz
... “governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis.”

Doctors prescribe & Pharmacists dispense. These are not dumb people.

I'm honestly surprised a governor could/would dictate what a doctor can prescribe to a patient in any situation.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well then he would, because he wants it all, for him and his mates. India's banned exports so the shortage will be palpable.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
He should be charged with murder for everyone in hospital care that dies because they weren't able to treat them with the only drug/drug combo we currently know works on the virus.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Try it and end up hospitalzed...or dead

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The couple who tried it didn't take the medicine that's treating COV19...they took a variant of that chemical combo used to clean aquariums...guess ordering prescription drugs from pet suppliers is as dangerous as getting them from Mexico.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You realize that Breitbrart story is misinformation, right? They even include a link to the original story debunking their partisan hate fest.

CARSON CITY — Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed an emergency measure to safeguard the threatened supply of two drugs being hoarded for possible use in the treatment of COVID-19. The governor signed the emergency regulation Tuesday on the recommendation of the state Board of Pharmacy.

Link

What he signed was to safeguard the supply of these drugs because they’re useful and so people wouldn’t hoard them. Not because herp derp Democrats want to kill you.

You have to get this with a prescription. How can it be hoarded? Do people hoard their lisinopril?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The drug is prescribed, so there is no hording reason. The guy is just mad that there is a cure.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It's not just available as a drug. It apparently is used in koi pond care and a couple took some to cure the virus causing the husband to die and the wife to be hospitalized in critical condition.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

Why would anyone be mad there is a cure?

This is not approved for this use and can be more dangerous than the virus. It is not tested for use in Corona virus and so is not wise to use.
I am sure they are testing this like crazy now to come up with treatments. No one is going to toss this out completely either.
It's never been our practice to feed our citizens untested medications and we shouldn't be starting now out of panic.
I fail to see what this has to do with politics.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
He should be charged with murder for everyone in hospital care that dies because they weren't able to treat them with the only drug/drug combo we currently know works on the virus.

The OP is false though.

If a patient is in the hospital, the doctor can indeed prescribe it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho

The OP is false though.

If a patient is in the hospital, the doctor can indeed prescribe it.

Yeah, I mean I get that it was an attempt to bring Mud Pit style pointless political nonsense into the Pandemic forum but the reality is:

If a doctor prescribes it, you can get it. Done

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join