It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada's Democrat governor outlaws hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus sufferers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Obviously the governor wants to reduce the number of tax-paying citizens in his state. [RIP] Maybe replace them with illegals.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It seems like there's a lot of misinformation going on in here. And I'm not completely decided on who is guilty.

So, I recuse myself from the debate, and will have a whiskey. As, that is my most trusted medicine.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for the additional info Bo. Thought the linked article was the same I read yesterday.. That one was distinctly uninformative.

Sounds like the same shenanigans that happened with masks: "They totally dont work at all! ...Pls snd us all ur masks tho."

"Hey, this dude sat in a puddle of toxic waste because he heard radiation can be an effective treatment for cancer.. Surely we must act now to make sure cancer patients dont make the same mistake!" Something something Trump.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You

liver failure and death,

Like Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Side Effects

The most concerning side effect, though, is severe liver damage. It usually only happens when you overuse acetaminophen.

www.healthline.com...-effects

Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause for calls to Poison Control Centers (>100,000/year) and accounts for more than 56,000 emergency room visits, 2,600 hospitalizations, and an estimated 458 deaths due to acute liver failure each year.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You're welcome...

There's plenty of blame to go around, I just want to be sure our outrage is focused on the right people for the right reasons!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The side-effects list on regular medications pushed in TV commercials is like a little scroll, there are so many of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The side-effects list on regular medications pushed in TV commercials is like a little scroll, there are so many of them.

It's terrifying. They read like a horror story!

link   
a reply to: Kurokage

...it's probably to stop crooked doctors ...

Bingo!

Doctors Are Hoarding Unproven Coronavirus Medicine by Writing Prescriptions for Themselves and Their Families

A nationwide shortage of two drugs touted as possible treatments for the coronavirus is being driven in part by doctors inappropriately prescribing the medicines for family, friends and themselves, according to pharmacists and state regulators.

“It’s disgraceful, is what it is,” said Garth Reynolds, executive director of the Illinois Pharmacists Association, which started getting calls and emails Saturday from members saying they were receiving questionable prescriptions. “And completely selfish.”

You're probably right about selling it on the down low as well.

link   
Off topic, because I saw it here,
But why did ATS display as if I was on a mobile device, with the half of the screen not used for content, was to tell me to use Duck Duck Go?!?! I happen to work as an SEO and know that crap is not kosher...

on topic,
Someone needs to do something to protect the sanity...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have to break this down and hope everyone can see why this is dumb...
So fraud is illegal yea...and there are some pretty stiff laws against this particular type of fraud...like losing your license to practice along with prison time and fines. So instead of enforcing that lets handcuff doctors who know how to safely prescribe this drug that can keep more people from being inpatient to begin with. Does that sound remotely logical or effective to any of you?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Probably a formatting error

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Well, DANG!

Natural selection gets circumvented once again. #CleanseTheGenePool

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Doctors in other states are having good success with it. They are even using it to help their health care workers reduce risk.

This is a medicine and you should go to the doctor to get it and it should not be considered a miracle cure. It is one of the best medicines we got when used in combinations with other medicines to treat this infections at this time.

That Nevada governer is an idiot, he should not be allowed to be governor. Of course there can be side effects with this medicine, people who have the severest cases of the disease should not be given it because they have had it overload people's weakened systems. It is a decent medicine for those who have milder cases that can still handle the effect of the treatment, but that should help to unload the big burden on the hospitals if they can knock out the disease when it just starts getting bad. No med is going to help people who have been torn apart by the virus, there is so much damage. It is not a miracle drug, just an option that seems to help.

Maybe the people of this country will see how Nevada's governor is treating his citizens and go gamble at Atlanta instead. That will cause the governor to have a severe long lasting drop in the states income. Blackball Nevada gambling till they get a governor that cares about his people.
Just kidding I think.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Very valid questions, especially when considering the media response (and the subsequent echos from those that slather their brains in it).

It seems like everything about this current event can be summed up with "WTF?"

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lots of anecdotal and contradictory information.

Forbes (considered a right-leaning publication) is reporting:

Results from a controlled clinical trial from China on the use of hydroxy chloroquine as a treatment for Covid-19 have shown no significant differences in health outcomes between the control group and patients who received the experimental drug.

study

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Yeah, there is a ton of it here, and they aren't doctors.

This is a medicine. Prescribed by doctors. Being used, by thousands and thousands of people, currently, for many things.

I don't know why this med has become "the bad guy", But when prescribed, it is most certainly NOT.

I'm certainly not talking about the morons taking any form of this, without a doctors consent, or crap they are buying online.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well aside from the politics going on...the particular drugs in question are super cheap as opposed to some brand new drug that needs to return investment on all that R&D and trials. Pharma is pretty big especially with the lobbying. Not saying thats what it is but I can sure see it as a possibility.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yet I just read about a doctor yesterday who has treated 350 people with it and all of them got better within 3-4 days...these were people who were kept at the hospital...not just sick but bad enough to keep them. How can this be....they both can't be right. What should make me believe 1 more than the other?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Aside from the big pharma profit angle...maybe that idiot couple who took fish tank cleaner had something to do with the knee jerk reactions...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I have to break this down and hope everyone can see why this is dumb...
So fraud is illegal yea...and there are some pretty stiff laws against this particular type of fraud...like losing your license to practice along with prison time and fines. So instead of enforcing that lets handcuff doctors who know how to safely prescribe this drug that can keep more people from being inpatient to begin with. Does that sound remotely logical or effective to any of you?

I'll have to break down my answer...

Are some people jerks? Yes.
Are doctors some people? Yes.
Are some doctors jerks? Yes.
Are jerks with power more dangerous than other jerks? Yes.
Are doctors endowed with certain powers? Yes.
Are jerk doctors with power more dangerous than other jerks? Yes.
Is it therefore wise to take reasonable precautions for reasonable risks? Yes.
Is it wise to keep very close tabs on life-saving drugs for a current pandemic? Yes.
Is it wise to keep very close tabs on the doctors with the power to grant or withhold these drugs? Yes.
Is it wise to ensure that these jerk doctors with power do not hoard these life-saving drugs by exploiting the powers with which they are granted? Yes.

Does that cover it???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join