It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada's Democrat governor outlaws hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus sufferers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For anyone who had any doubts that this coronavirus situation was being used for political purposes, the Democrat governor of Nevada, Steve Sisolak, just outlawed the use of hydroxychloroquine, which has been found to be effective at treating the Covid-19 virus. According to him, the best treatment for Covid-19 is not using medication that has been found to be effective at treating it, but rather staying home.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the “governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis.”

“At this point in time, there is no known cure for COVID-19 ... The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home"

Source< br />
edit on 3/25/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Mar 25 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB CODE

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Vegas resident... Sisolak described it at preventing hoarding...i now see it different.a reply to: trollz

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Maybe because hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous if used with out medical guidance and dumb people are willing to listen to stupid misinformation and think they should try it.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Vegas resident... Sisolak described it at preventing hoarding...i now see it different.a reply to: trollz

This medication can only be obtained with a prescription - it's not something people can go to the store and hoard. His hoarding excuse was bs.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn

That is the way I see it and also a Vegas resident....well Henderson.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Maybe because hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous if used with out medical guidance and dumb people are willing to listen to stupid misinformation and think they should try it.

You can't get it without a prescription. Are you saying that if someone is prescribed this medication by a doctor and given instructions on how to use it after being tested positive for Covid-19, that they should not be allowed to, because some idiot ate something used to clean fish tanks?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Do you know if he is still allowing the prescription/administration of it by qualified health professionals? Sounds like "no..."

This seems like a pretty bizarre move to me, like many things recently.

Seems like many are going real deep on this very specific treatment. Media, dems, etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This medication can only be obtained with a prescription - it's not something people can go to the store and hoard. His hoarding excuse was bs.

That's what they said about opioids too.

This is a very toxic drug, that can cause blindness, liver failure and death, and has not as yet been approved to treatment of COVID 19. The clinical trials only started yesterday.

I'm sure that Nevada isn't forbidding patients who are part of the official clinical trials to be prescribed the drug. It's just not allowing doctors to administer an experimental drug willie nillie.

edit on 25-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Most importantly there have been multiple reports of toxicity and even death from using it and despite what Dr. Trump is saying, it has NOT been proved effective. As Dr. Fauci said, information about the drug is anecdotal.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No better than common treatment

Or

Shown to help with SARS and spread of Covid-19

Studies have been around since the 1940s but now that we are all “freaking out” and stuck at home; most people believe whatever the MSM says....... confusing times indeed

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Misinformation and 24/7 news has probably attributed to more deaths than this virus

Hard to be a reporter/journalist when you report something that hasn’t even been investigated thoroughly

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You realize that Breitbrart story is misinformation, right? They even include a link to the original story debunking their partisan hate fest.

CARSON CITY — Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed an emergency measure to safeguard the threatened supply of two drugs being hoarded for possible use in the treatment of COVID-19. The governor signed the emergency regulation Tuesday on the recommendation of the state Board of Pharmacy.

Link

What he signed was to safeguard the supply of these drugs because they’re useful and so people wouldn’t hoard them. Not because herp derp Democrats want to kill you.
edit on 25-3-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

(post by Middleoftheroad removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

hydroxychloroquine Is a prescription drug.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Well he’s a Democrat so makes sense. They will do anything to continue this pandemic and destroying people’s jobs and livelihoods. Don’t give me that nonsense that they’re trying to prevent it from spreading because about 75+% of the workforce is still going to work and spreading it around.

Damn. Too bad you didn't get to read the post just before yours so you wouldn't soil yourself. DEMS = Bad Orange Man = GOD

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
From the link:

The governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires the appropriate prescription coding for their “legitimate medical purposes” and limits prescriptions to a 30-day supply.

The order doesn’t limit use of the drugs in hospitals, only in outpatient settings where hoarding is evident, the governor’s office stressed. Doctors may continue to prescribe them to hospitalized COVID-19 patients at their discretion.

The regulation focuses on outpatient services where there has been evidence of hoarding of these drugs, which can impact those who need the drugs for other conditions and COVID-19 patients in hospital settings where a doctor could determine that trying those drugs might be helpful.

Now the question is: who is hoarding the drugs:

Doctors Are Hoarding Unproven Coronavirus Medicine by Writing Prescriptions for Themselves and Their Families

Pharmacists told ProPublica that they are seeing unusual and fraudulent prescribing activity as doctors stockpile unproven coronavirus drugs endorsed by President Donald Trump.

A nationwide shortage of two drugs touted as possible treatments for the coronavirus is being driven in part by doctors inappropriately prescribing the medicines for family, friends and themselves, according to pharmacists and state regulators.

“It’s disgraceful, is what it is,” said Garth Reynolds, executive director of the Illinois Pharmacists Association, which started getting calls and emails Saturday from members saying they were receiving questionable prescriptions. “And completely selfish.”

And these are the people we are expected to trust with our lives and limbs... to act in their patients' best interests...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

You can't get it without a prescription. Are you saying that if someone is prescribed this medication by a doctor and given instructions on how to use it after being tested positive for Covid-19, that they should not be allowed to, because some idiot ate something used to clean fish tanks?

Did you not fully read my post and just quoted it instead?????

if used with out medical guidance

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thank you for posting. I read this, wanted to start a thread, but got so damned angry at that fat slob of a governor...I couldnt bring myself to start it...

So damned obvious, these tools dont care about anything except regaining power, to sell our country down the river.
edit on 25-3-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Pretty sure I'd trust a doctor over a politician. Especially a Democrat one as I wouldn't trust anything they say.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

hydroxychloroquine Is a prescription drug.

Yes I know that but so are opioids, it's probably to stop crooked doctors making a fortune prescribing it before more evidence is available or hoarders trying to make money.
hydroxychloroquine is in other products too.
Doctors on Harley St were being asked for a cure injection for money, what do you think will happen with this?
edit on 25-3-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join