It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think the threshold for the actions we see from the government should be

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: HalWesten

Perhaps you are a little obsessed with me if you are so intent on keeping track.

I notice many people want to focus on me, why I am wrong, ect, and who knows all of those people could be right.

But not one person has answered this basic question.

What is your threshold, would 50000 people dying of this virus in total in the united states justify this sort of reaction to prevent that?

A member who replied to one of my posts on here thinks 1 million citizens dying wouldn’t be a big figure from a population of 400 million. It certainly wouldn’t warrant a shut down in their eyes or any infringements on their rights.

Personally, I think any reaction has to be measured and time bound. If by being on lock down for a few months prevents the spread and therefore avoids further unnecessary deaths, I am happy to comply.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: HalWesten
It's hard not to notice, I honestly couldn't care less if you want to create a thousand threads on this. Maybe you're not getting an answer because it's an irrelevant question to everyone else because no one wants anyone to die from this or any other disease.

Ok so the action is justified because no one should die of disease.

Thank you for your answer. That put you in the extreme camp I thought no one would be in; these sorts of government actions are justified even to stop one death.

Ill discuss this perspective more later.

LOL! Ok, you believe you need to if it makes you feel justified. I didn't say that at all. This is why you get a lot of flak.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...because no one wants anyone to die from this or any other disease.

Then why haven't we shut the country down over diabetes or heart disease?

Probably because neither are contagious. Those conditions are usually brought on by life choices. I appreciate not all of them, but a large percentage of cases are.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think you're a little obsessed with this. This is what, the third thread you've created for a discussion similar to this?

I think you're a little obsessed with Grambler; And with trying to censor anything that smacks of disagreement with your "chosen one"

and be advised if Grambler gets sick there are plenty of real Patriots waiting to take up where he left off. We will not allow the Bill or Rights and the Constitution to be used as Fauxservatives toilet paper.

Really? I'd say you're just a bit off in your assessment. Not in any post or thought have I EVER said it would be ok to trample on the Constitution, just the opposite. Your hatred of all things conservative really clouds your vision at times.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Because those two diseases are not communicable?

Answered already, the poster said 'any disease'.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Probably because neither are contagious. Those conditions are usually brought on by life choices. I appreciate not all of them, but a large percentage of cases are.

Answered twice already, read what they wrote.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

...because no one wants anyone to die from this or any other disease.

Then why haven't we shut the country down over diabetes or heart disease?

How would shutting down the country prevent either of these?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
No he didn't... He said THIS disease.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Probably the same way this isn't .

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Try again:

...or any other disease.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Probably the same way this isn't .

Really? Have you got some insight into the spread of this disease that none of the actual experts have?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Really? Have you got some insight into the spread of this disease that none of the actual experts have?

It's absolutely ravaged the people on spring break in Florida, did you see all the dead bodies lying on the beaches?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's absolutely ravaged the people on spring break in Florida, did you see all the dead bodies lying on the beaches?

People only drop dead in minutes from viruses in movies. (If I'd did kill that quickly it wouldn't really be the problem it is)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

People only drop dead in minutes from viruses in movies. (If I'd did kill that quickly it wouldn't really be the problem it is)

You want the non-smartass answer? Look at the global infected totals, this isn't 1918 all over again.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Try again:

...or any other disease.

What Halwest clearly didn't say was that all diseases should be treated the same.

We don't try stopping diabetes with social distancing in much the same way we don't treat viruses with antibiotics.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I tried again and got this in the last paragraph...

"If you could see in a crystal ball, and found that this disease would have killed 50000".

This... I assume means chinaflu

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You want the non-smartass answer? Look at the global infected totals, this isn't 1918 all over again.

Not yet.

If we just sat back and let it run it's course it could well be.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That is a very good question G.
I personally would like less government involvement in certain areas but that is not what you asked.
So in regards to the current situation I sure as hell don’t want any of my rights granted to me taken away.
With that being said, I fully expected our government to step up as they should have so we wouldn’t be here right now.
They mucked up just as they always do since I was born.

I hope that kinda answers your question.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Grambler.... a lot of what if's. Frankly I think you are worrying too much about something unlikely to happen. We had national guard here on the last big hurricane where there were miles and piles of property and roads underwater. With likely the same questions... what if...

This virus has manifest and has been until now, unknown in most circles except perhaps in JAMA. Beyond it's method of transmission, we need to practice prudence in isolating it and letting it die out as quickly as possible. That we have the ability. A Vaccine..... more time will be needed. The government is trying to isolate. And those who will not need to be made to comply. Being stubbornnes is not beneficial to anyone, but a danger to all.

a reply to: Grambler

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Try looking at who I replied to, might help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join