It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Good News

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RumannXylo
Two over the counter zinc ionophores are epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG) and quercetin.

To elaborate on this, just from my cursory research...

Here is an NIH study discussing EGCG as a Zinc ionophore - very interesting.

This looks very promising and I'll likely be adding this to my regimen, but again, I'm especially interested in beefing up my parents regimen (in the highest risk group for this damn virus), so this looks especially good for them, and appears, as long as you don't exceed the recommended dosages, to be very safe.

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Some of the comments at the bottom of this webpage recommend taking zinc + quercetin or ECGC on an empty stomach . Has anyone else heard of a regimen?

I’d get 10 mg of zinc citrate(cheap and good). I’d cut down to 400 mg if quercetin, but take the zinc and quercetin first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Don’t consume anything but water for at least an hour. This is what you have to do because quercetin is a chelator.
If she develops more symptoms of COVID-19, then do exactly the same thing two times a day. It takes three hours after you eat to empty the stomach. Make sure there is at least five hours between these dosages.

Med Cram talking about Zinc + quercetin/ ECGC - 6:45 and 8:55 for quick reference. Not sure the Medcram guy is aware quercetin is a chelator for zinc.

Amazon is already restricting purchases, i had purchased 2 last week. Went to purchase more for other family members and limit 1.

I would buy quercetin with a bromelain mix - link

Dosage
The dose of quercetin is usually 400–600 mg of a coated tablet one to three times daily between meals (adjust dose for clinical response). Quercetin is not soluble in water, however, so it is a poorly absorbed nutrient. Bromelain, a protein-digesting enzyme extracted from pineapples, increases the absorption of quercetin, as does vitamin C. Therefore quercetin is typically sold blended with one or both additives.

Precautions
None are reported.

edit on 4-4-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Looks like someone has an antibody solution, wonder what the timeframe on that will be

Link

Our next move is we hand this off to the U.S. military, a consortium from the Gates Foundation and some private groups. And all of them are going to test the potency of neutralization of our therapeutic. We're also working with Charles River Laboratories that runs safety and talks to make sure the stuff safe to put into people," Glanville said. "And we're going to go into a scaled up manufacturer. So at that point, what you do as you do a phase one last two human trial, and that's we're aiming to do that towards the end of the summer around August.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is very promising. Hope it works and is rolled out asap.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Here is an NIH study discussing EGCG as a Zinc ionophore - very interesting.

This looks very promising and I'll likely be adding this to my regimen, but again, I'm especially interested in beefing up my parents regimen (in the highest risk group for this damn virus), so this looks especially good for them, and appears, as long as you don't exceed the recommended dosages, to be very safe.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the link, I forgot to add a link to a study by Dabbagh-Bazarbachi. I also forgot about an antibiotic alternative, zinc lozenges, and adding extra zinc for the first three days of the treatment. I added it all in the updated version of the treatment, which follows below in a separate post because it's very long.
edit on 5-4-2020 by RumannXylo because: Moved entire treatment to a separate post below.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dr. Vladimir Zelenko's treatment consists of 200 mg 2x daily hydroxychloroquine, 220 mg 1x daily zinc sulfate, and 500 mg 1x daily azithromycin. Which is respectively a zinc ionophore, a zinc compound, and an antibiotic. The treatment is effective, but hydroxychloroquine should not be used by those who have a G6PDH deficiency and has side effects, zinc sulfate is often sold out and does not provide high amounts of zinc to the throat, and azithromycin has side effects and is not available to everyone. Fortunately, there are over the counter alternatives for each component.

Capsules have a more consistent amount of the desired compound than food. So when taking high doses, it is safer to use a supplement than a food. However, for people who can not get a supplement in time, or who are sensitive to a capsule ingredient, food alternatives are listed.

Two over the counter zinc ionophores are epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG) and quercetin. In a trial in Arizona by Sherry Chow, it was found that 800 mg of EGCG in one dose per day had side effects, but dividing it into two 400 mg doses per day reduced the side effects to below the placebo. In the trial with 8 people per group, the placebo group reported 9 events, the 800 mg in one dose group had 12 events, and the 400 mg * 2 doses group had 3 events. So it's safe to use 400 mg of EGCG twice per day. The recommended dose of quercetin is up to 2,300 mg/day, so along with each dose of EGCG, a 1,000 mg capsule of quercetin could be taken, for a total daily dose of 2 doses * 1,000 mg/dose = 2,000 mg.

Of those two zinc ionophores, only EGCG is available in large quantities from a food. Green tea has a lot of EGCG, it is estimated that there is an average of 800 mg of EGCG in 12 cups of green tea. However, green tea also has around 25 mg of caffeine per 8 oz serving, typically about 1 / 4 of the typical coffee cup, so 12 cups of green tea has as much caffeine as 12 / 4 = 3 cups of coffee. Also the amount of caffeine in tea varies widely, so the dose might be much higher. Supercritical fluid extraction with carbon dioxide removes the caffeine while leaving 95% of the other tea compounds. A couple of green teas decaffeinated with carbon dioxide are Arbor Teas organic decaf green tea, and Clipper organic decaf green tea. To get 400 mg of EGCG twice per day, take 6 cups of green tea twice per day, for a total of 12 cups of green tea per day.

More zinc in delivered to the throat with lozenges than with capsules, so lozenges are more effective against common colds (20% of which are coronaviruses) than capsules. Zinc acetate lozenges are better against colds than zinc gluconate/gluconium lozenges, but the difference is small and if you can't get zinc acetate, zinc gluconate is good enough.

Zinc sulfate is commonly in the form of zinc sulfate heptahydrate. The atomic weight of zinc is 65, the molar mass of zinc sulfate heptahydrate (ZnSO4(H20)7) is 288, so 220 mg of zinc sulfate heptahydrate has 65 / 288 * 220 mg = 50 mg of zinc. Search for "zinc capsule 50 mg", then check the label to ensure that it is 50 mg of elemental zinc, for example "zinc (from zinc picolinate) 50 mg". Zinc supplements are available with many ions, including citrate, gluconate, glycinate, orotate, picolinate, and sulfate.

If you want to get zinc from food, only oysters have a high amount of zinc per calorie. Wild oysters have a lot of copper,, which reduces the absorption of zinc. So to absorb high doses of zinc, you need oysters with less copper, like farmed eastern oysters. To get 50 mg of zinc, you need 50 mg / 38 mg * 85 g (3 oz serving) = 112 g * 1 oz / 28 g = 4 oz of cooked farmed eastern oysters.

For the first three days of the treatment, for people who weigh 165 pounds or less, the zinc dose should be doubled to 100 mg/day, for those who weigh more, the dose should be tripled to 150 mg/day. Less than 75 mg/day of zinc from lozenges had no effect on colds, more than 75 mg/day of zinc reduced cold duration by 42%. When participants were given 150 mg/day of zinc for six weeks, about half had side effects including headaches, abdominal cramps, nausea, loss of appetite and vomiting, mostly the lower weight volunteers. So using extra high doses of zinc for the first three days according to body weight, should be safe, afterwards, everyone should go down to 50 mg/day.

An alternative to azithromycin is kimchi, a fermented Korean food which has proven effective against the influenza virus,. Kimchi is most potent in the 'well-fermented' stage, about 3-7 days after kimchi is made, when it tastes the best. If the symptoms get worse, or if there is a bacterial infection, an antibiotic should also be taken. Herbal antibiotics include garlic, olive leaf, onion, oregano, and thyme; oregano was the most recommended in the Covid-19 Treatment thread. For oregano, a post recommends 2 capsules after each meal, each containing around 37 mg of carvacrol. You can also use oil of oregano mixed in a carrier oil like coconut oil. Taking capsules is easier because there's no oil to mix. If you take any antibiotic, you should read about it beforehand because the dose schedule has to be correct to kill the infection without hurting you too much. After taking an antibiotic, fermented food should be eaten, homemade foods are better than foods from a store or probiotic pills.
edit on 5-4-2020 by RumannXylo because: Short version

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The gentleman who wrote the letter is an actual Doctor.

Board certified physician.

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Seems almost criminal we cant get any dosage info from the Canadian study on Quercetin and Zinc.

link

Think of the possible hospital beds that could be saved if people took a simple regimen of zinc+quecetin if indeed it is effective.

From another thread, one doctor confirms taking hydroxychloroquine without zinc is not effective in the patients hes treated. Its hard to say if the patients who didnt have the zinc were zinc deficient or not, but it would seem if you did start showing symptoms, extra zinc + Quercetin would be good, on an empty stomach.

From the video "Very ill Co-Vid 19 patients were symptom free in 8-12 hours of the hydroxychloroquine / zinc prescription"
Problem is he isnt going to prescribe this hydroxychloroquine till things get serious, but Quercetin is over the counter.

Other pages that at least discuss dosage
Link1
Link2
Link3

The medcram dosage for hydroxychloroquine is 400mg 2x daily for 1 day, then 200mg 2x daily for 4 days.

edit on 9-4-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Eastern Virginia Medical School has published a protocol that they are updating regularly
Link1
Link2

Preventive

Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID
• Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1-2
months, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day.
• Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 1-2 mg at night
• Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day (optimal dose unknown). Likely that those with baseline low 25-
OH vitamin D levels and those > living at 40o latitude will benefit the most.

AliveandWellAustin has published the following
1. Zinc 30 Mg Per Day On Empty Stomach
2. Quercetin 250-500 Mg Per Day
3. Melatonin 0.5 – 1.0 Mg Per Day
4. Vitamin C 1,000 Mg Per Day
5. Vitamin D 2,000 – 5,000 IU Per Day
6. Glutathione Or N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) 500-1,000mg Per Day

I like both lists, but hate seeing vitamin D at 4000 IU without mentioning magnesium/calcium/k2 co factors. Zinc at high dosages needs 1mg of copper per 8mg and additional selenium. Zinc depletes both. Dont really agree with taking 75mg for a month, no reason to go above 40mg unless showing symptoms.

Twitter thread on Quercetin

Art icle for the conspiracy theorist in ATS

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Dear Lord Jesus

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
a reply to: underwerks

Hey take it easy now. As far as I know you can only get Chloroquine, (unless you have fish with malaria???) Azithromycin (again you can order this online for your fish if they have a fever and a cough) and Zinc Sulfate (no idea what this is or where to get it) Unless you have a prescription. If people are really going to try and self medicate with fish meds...then I guess you get what you pay for.

Never underestimate what people will do for good or bad.

A new study investigated the online fish antibiotic market—and found that some humans seem to be ingesting them

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Prayer is important too!

Actually not that bad as you think, the posted protocols amount to

-adding a good multivitamin like Life extension 2 day to your diet
-500mg of quercetin + 10mg zinc

Im already doing 500mg 2x daily of quercetin for gout maintenance, just a plant extract.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Dear Lord Jesus

Yes?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I understand ColoradoJens concern, but it is stated by all parties who are offering protocols that there is no certainty in following it, they just offering their opinions.

Instead of waiting till you need a ventilator, I would personally opt for taking a quercetin/zinc regimen .

Another article that gives a good overview of the zinc ionophore theory is HERE

Maybe the key to ending the quarantine is in this statement from the link

However, it is also shown that zinc ionophores stay in the body for at least 10 days as seen in Figure 4 from (Yao et al., 2020) so there might be a reason to suspect that with a continuous diet from quercetin sources (such as red onion, radicchio, etc), cells might be able to build up immunity against the viru

edit on 13-4-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
Instead of waiting till you need a ventilator, I would personally opt for taking a quercetin/zinc regimen.

You haven't been paying attention.

The ventilators are what is causing the extreme lung damage in deceased people who were examined.

Not the virus.

Whatever happens, you do not want to be put on a ventilator if you develop serious symptoms - or at the very least, you want it at the lowest possible setting with the oxygen set to the highest.

But why wait till that point? Quercitin/Zinc is not the answer. They are find and good, Zinc is important, but the most important supplements to be taking right now are Vitamins A, C, D3, K1/2, and Magnesium, Selenium and - yes - Zinc.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Interesting about the lung damage, once you are checked into a hospital though, they are going to do what they consider the best protocol.

I do think sleep, exercise, and a good a multivitamin (Vit A, C, D3, K2, Selenium, and zinc) are key to improving your overall immunity response.

But the quercetin(or ECGC)/ zinc combo potentially stops viral replication.
edit on 13-4-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
oops wrong post

edit on 13-4-2020 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Interesting about the lung damage, once you are checked into a hospital though, they are going to do what they consider the best protocol.

If you are a good little sheep/lemming, sure...

Maybe... try telling them what you7 will and will not allow them to do to you or your loved one(s) for a change.

The Right to Try law allows this now...screw their ventilator, give me (or my Mom or Dad) 100g IV Vitamin C, and I'll get them the vit D3, Zinc etc, and get them well, instead of letting the doctors kill them.

I do think sleep, exercise, and a good a multivitamin (Vit A, C, D3, K2, Selenium, and zinc) are key to improving your overall immunity response.

But the quercetin(or ECGC)/ zinc combo potentially stops viral replication.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join