It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalism has been killed in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Cancers are hard to kill. They seem so prone to coming back.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
One thing we're leaving out of the equation is the environment. Some of the "build it elsewhere" mentality comes from not wanting to get our back yards dirty. Factories pollute. Regulations in the USA require a lot of scrubbing of waste (air and water) which raises the cost of doing business and has to be passed on to the consumer. Manufacturing in China doesn't have that overhead. They aren't too hip when it comes to the environment and don't care that their citizens can't see the sun in Beijing.

I'm 100% behind bringing things back to the US for manufacturing but we don't want to get back to the level of pollution of the 1970's. It's going to cost more but I'm okay with that.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Gun control is Fascist and communist.

But hey repeat after me.

Who cares and pick when it suits your agenda.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
On another note.

It's communist NOT to do business with COMMUNISTS!

Certain people forget just exactly what form of government CHina has?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ScepticScot

Gun control is Fascist and communist.

But hey repeat after me.

Who cares and pick when it suits your agenda.

Gun control is implemented in every single country in the world. If you want define that as Facist or Communist then you have made those words meaningless.

And again gun control isn't the topic.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Our economy is poised to become the world's most gargantuan domestic market.

I really hope this forcast comes true. A nation that makes up only about 5-7% of the world's population, yet consumes 60% of global resources really does need to figure out a way to sustain itself without leaching off the rest of the world—especially the under developed nations rich in resources.

Perhaps, this will put an end to decades of America's imperialist ways that have wreaked havoc across the globe through proxy wars, sanctions, installing puppet dictators and on and on. The global damage the US has caused on a humanitarian level—human suffering—is entirely subject of its own. In stating that:

I look forward not to an economic depression but a deep change in the American character. A change in our attitude toward how we engage in the world, and a government that more reflects the values of Americans in the 21st Century.

So is the rest of the world...

In this, we have discovered how much of our regulatory structure is just a weapon against the working and middle-class families looking for opportunities to break out.

True. Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars comes to mind.

Wassily Leontief and the Harvard Economic Research Project of 1948. How does the US go about rewriting a global economic system (blueprint) it promulgated....? Get back to me on that one.

We are far more entangled than any economic arrangement ever need be.

Aye...

For personal reasons, I have read Ray Dalio's books, attended a few of his seminars, and followed some of his investment advice over the past few years which yielded positive results. He just posted this today. However, he posted these sentiments about a year ago as well. It's just getting closer to midnight; so he posted it again.

I trust most Americans will know he is, since he is one of your own.

I was going to make this a thread, but I really don't feel like *investing my energy* into doing so.

The Changing World Order

www.linkedin.com...

It's time to discover who is responsible for this global chicanery and uproot them as they have uprooted every one of us.

The American public did it to themselves...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Yeah, I think a big obstacle is going to be people wanting to go back instead of forward.

We have plenty of tools, or are right on the cusp of having them, to achieve all that.

I do believe the conversation has changed, even if many are having the same one theyve been having for years and years. Itll take some time for many to stop and think for a second.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As much as I wish what the OP was saying were true, I fear it's too much wishful thinking. We may have started down such a path, but the second Americans start seeing higher prices on all the junk they spend their money on because it's not being made by slave labor in China, they will want globalism back, and will vote accordingly.

Our people, unfortunately, have very short memories.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

The problem with this line of logic is that you are injecting altruism into the equation. The entire concept of capitalism resides within vacuum devoid of ethics and morality. It’s akin to comparing oranges to a Tesla. Not quite the same thing.
edit on 3/25/2020 by maria_stardust because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

"Leeching"?

We PAY FOR IT. It's time for us to stop supporting hostile nations like China.

The one thing you got right is that we did it to ourselves. But we're about to undo it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Didint read all that, but the Corona virus is causing more globalism.

The world is on lockdown, lots of changes coming after this.
We will see more global cooperation

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The one thing Covid19 showed to everyone in every country is how each government acted in tandem with one another with the same lockdown procedures, almost like one world government. Let us never forget that the globalists always use real threats that really kill people to get the world's attention, which then clamours for very similar resolutions to the threat, which are then provided as centralizing solutions. That is entirely globalist, and they don't do these things as tests, they do it to progress their agenda.

The last thing globalists want is a world war, especially considering the weaponry that can be used. It destroys any chance of them socially-engineering the world they want to build. So, they ensure that any country that can be a threat to their agenda is never compromised to the point where it has to defend itself economically or militarily. China is such a country.

What you are seeing are not nationalistic responses to a global threat, but pretty much a similar response globally. Currently, I really do think that Covid-19 was a virus halfway to being weaponized, but through some accident was released into the world. The globalists saw this as an opportunity to reset global debt to more manageable proportions, and will use public tax dollars (in every country) to do so, but they needed something that would allow them to use public tax dollars without a public outcry. All the stimulus packages in each country that have or will be put in place is going to have to be paid for, and it will be the people who are going to pay for it. First they will use your tax dollars, and then they will tax you to pay for letting them use your tax dollars. There's nothing nationalistic about that, it is elitist.

Through this event, comparable to social change as 9/11, the globalists have been able to achieve a number of things...

Reset global debt...
Legislated new draconian measures into law for later use against other threats, real and imagined (the global lockdown is an example).
Centralized greater control through government power grabs...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Cancers are hard to kill. They seem so prone to coming back.

Cancer is only hard to kill if people follow typical
Drugs and Chemotherapy poisons.

Thousands have recovered with Fasting/Detox,
followed by a strict Alkaline Diet while
using Dandelion Root.

That's just one of many alternative treatment
methodologies that's been very effective.

The real killer of Cancer, and many more
disease is misinformation and ignorance.

Just Google Alternative Cancer Treatment
testimonials.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Globalism is the result of capitalism.
Capitalism only knows profit. There are no borders or patriotism in capitalism.
What the OP is advocating is a form of communism.
Wanna bet that nothing will change except that some might consider moving their production from China to India?!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

We PAY FOR IT.

Please expound on that.

It's time for us to stop supporting hostile nations like China.

How exactly is the U.S supporting *hostile* nations like China. Btw, America IS the most hostile nation on the planet. Ironic choice of word.

You pluralize the word *nation* which is refreshing. What other nations and/or regimes are the US *supporting*....?

Rhetorical question.

The one thing you got right is that we did it to ourselves.

Indeed.

But we're about to undo it.

Let me know when that happens. Did you know that the US is the only G20 nation that doesn't have guaranteed paid sick leave. To be fair, here in Canada, we only get 6 months paid leave. So, we need to up our game to 12 months like most other nations.

America gives its citizens ZERO.

twitter.com...

Again:

But we're about to undo it.

The American public needs to learn to walk before it can run...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Capitalism is the only true globalism. As if the governments that the corporations own could even compete with that kind of power.
And as others have noted... capitalism doesn't care about borders, people, or ethics. Profits matter. That's it.
And you think China isn't now a capitalist economy? Calling them 'communist' is just blatant ignorance at this point. That's a whole lot of billionaires in China for them to be called 'communist'.

The corporations don't have US pride. Certainly not the larger ones.
And they won't. Ever. Any reversal is extremely temporary.
And certainly not with the biggest globalist capitalist as president the USA has ever seen.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Starred your comment for making sense. I think you *might* appreciate this perspective by American billionaire investor, Ray Dalio.

The Changing World Order:

I believe that the times ahead will be radically different from the times we have experienced so far in our lifetimes, though similar to many other times in history.

I believe this because about 18 months ago I undertook a study of the rises and declines of empires, their reserve currencies, and their markets, prompted by my seeing a number of unusual developments that hadn’t happened before in my lifetime but that I knew had occurred numerous times in history. Most importantly, I was seeing the confluence of 1) high levels of indebtedness and extremely low interest rates, which limits central banks’ powers to stimulate the economy, 2) large wealth gaps and political divisions within countries, which leads to increased social and political conflicts, and 3) a rising world power (China) challenging the overextended existing world power (the US), which causes external conflict. The most recent analogous time was the period from 1930 to 1945. This was very concerning to me.

As I studied history, I saw that this confluence of events was typical of periods that existed as roughly 10- to 20-year transition phases between big economic and political cycles that occurred over many years (e.g., 50-100 years). These big cycles were comprised of swings between 1) happy and prosperous periods in which wealth is pursued and created productively and those with power work harmoniously to facilitate this and 2) miserable, depressing periods in which there are fights over wealth and power that disrupt harmony and productivity and sometimes lead to revolutions/wars. These bad periods were like cleansing storms that got rid of weaknesses and excesses, such as too much debt, and returned the fundamentals to a sounder footing, albeit painfully. They eventually caused adaptations that made the whole stronger, though they typically changed who was on top and the prevailing world order.

The answers to this question can only be found by studying the mechanics behind similar cases in history—the 1930-45 period but also the rise and fall of the British and Dutch empires, the rise and fall of Chinese dynasties, and others—to unlock an understanding of what is happening and what is likely to happen.[1] That was the purpose of this study. Then the pandemic came along, which was another one of those big events that never happened to me but happened many times before my lifetime that I needed to understand better.

You can read the rest here, if interested.

www.linkedin.com...

I believe most people on this site won't be interested. They seem to be more interested sensationalized things not rooted in reality.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
We, the consumers have driven this with our demand for low prices.

Exactly this, but there is a good chance that people will start realising the false economy they have been eating up.
Buy a chinese product for half the price and expect to replace it when it breaks/wears out in at LEAST half the time of a well made product.
Consumers have been addicted to the replacement cycle, but they don;t need to be. Keep what you buy for longer, pay more, have it last.
IN actual fact, a well made product can last a lifetime, as opposed to Chinese made cr*p that breaks easily - sometimes after first use.

The Western world should kick China out of their countries - cease trade and deal elsewhere or make it themselves.
That must happen after the horror China unleashed on the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Not sure I care what other G 20 countries are doing . Is the G20 a good thing ?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The United States can weather a reduction in world trade better than almost every other nation among the Top 30 GDPs except for Brazil, Argentina and Nigeria; all three having only a slightly lower trade-to-GDP ratio than America.

We have the lowest trade-to-GDP ratio of any First World nation; about 26 percent. Surprisingly — to me at least — Japan has the next lowest in the First World at 31 percent. China’s ratio is 40 percent. Russia’s is 46 percent, which really surprises me; I suppose it’s due to reliance on hydrocarbon sales. The EU is even more reliant on trade than Russia or China — far more, in fact.

en.wikipedia.org...

The USA can be energy independent if necessary. Currently, Canada provides more than half our oil imports, so our exposure to unstable sources of oil is limited. We could implement all kinds of schemes, using proven technology, to become completely independent. Conservation alone might do the trick.

The USA can also provide all of its food and natural and synthetic fiber for clothing, as well as leather for footwear. Ditto for steel, concrete, lumber and anything else for buildings and infrastructure.

Once we bring our drug manufacturing back home, China will no longer be able to blackmail us when the next pandemic strikes. Of course, we’d be less vulnerable to pandemics if we were more isolated.

We also have the largest internal consumer market by far: 30 percent of the global market. If we drastically cut our imports of just about every kind of consumer product, U.S. business people would have a huge vacuum of demand to fill, employing American workers instead of Chinese wage slaves.

If we withdrew from NATO and severed defense treaties with almost 70 nations, we could slash our defense spending.

It would be fantastic if we drastically reduced immigration, both legal and illegal, admitting only the very best people who sincerely wish to become Americans.

If we completely halted immigration tomorrow, we would have 100 million fewer people in America by 2065 than if we continued on our present course according to Pew Research.

It would be much easier to provide jobs and everything else needed by 330 million people as opposed to 430 million.

I wonder if any three huggers and Greta Thunberg fans on this site see any advantages in having 100 million fewer Americans in the year 2065. I would think they’d be ecstatic about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join