It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalism has been killed in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
And Coronavirus was the murder weapon.

The routing of our supply chain through China for medical and strategic goods is a glaring mistake of US trade policy, strategic policy, and economic policy. In fact, it is such an obviously egregious mistake that it might have been so to those making those decisions at the time. Can the corruption of our political leaders really be so deep?

The outbreak of the COVID19 and the consequences that have since transpired have laid bare some glaring truths. This is the world as it is today in contrast to what you thought it was yesterday.

The moment the outbreak got out of China's control they stopped all exports of medically necessary equipment. Items with paid-for POs were told to turn around and offload their life-saving cargo at Chinese ports. At the same time, China began shutting down the vast majority of their factories and turning any remaining capacity inward to serve their domestic needs. None of this sounds good to us considering our manufacturing circumstances but it should make sense. This is a policy we should pursue immediately as we rebuild our manufacturing capacity and repatriate our strategic production.

3M has ramped up domestic production. Even domestic textile production, including small businesses, have switched part or all of their production toward surgical masks. This is not something that is likely to go away again. Domestic pharmaceutical production is also starting to ramp up again as well. Steel production is up because of medical equipment and other strategic demands.

Silver, gold, platinum, palladium, and copper are all up in price as store of value/strategic/medically necessary demand is switched on domestically. Chinese traders are still selling silver-plated iron bars on eBay so don't buy unless it's a US dealer. Mining is considered a strategic industry and has not stopped producing. Much of this product will be sold domestically instead of internationally to meet the aforementioned demand.

A stimulus is coming regardless of the fight in Washington. It is going to be huge. Numbers like $6 Trillion have been thrown about by names like Larry Kudlow. This was all once considered to be a bad fiscal policy. Now it seems like an overdose of decades of cheap money and industry-locked inflation (see the healthcare, education, and housing industries) is making another push for an ever-greater dose. We are going to inflate our currency to escape our debt. I am convinced this is the strategy at the Federal Reserve because COVID19 has made it increasingly difficult to export inflation via global commerce.

The market is already responding with gold/silver/palladium/platinum/copper bullion shortages. People know what is coming. The next big safe haven will be the crypto market. Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Chainlink are the networks to look out for (I have stakes in gld, slv, cu, and crypto). Next to go will be runs on guns and ammo. Some of it has already started. Many states have declared gun shops life saving and essential businesses. This is especially interesting due to how many otherwise ANTI GUN states have made such declarations. I think they know the police won't be coming to help. If you haven't picked up on that message, here it is.

Food production is going to be vastly domestic. Much of what you will eat in the coming months will be grown, butchered, and prepared by your fellow Americans. For the first time in a long time, you will know where your food comes from. This has been a trend for a long time but the ramp-up has only just started as anticipated trade imbalances and supply chain disruptions from seasonal imports are impacted. Luckily agricultural output in the US is MASSIVE. You should be thanking your farmers.

Our economy is poised to become the world's most gargantuan domestic market. The concept of open borders has been made to look as ridiculous to everyone else as it has looked to many of us who pay attention to the details. Globalism has been shown to be what it is, patient zero in a global pandemic that erases prosperity from all Americans. We have seen regulation after regulation designed to crowd out small to medium production be effectively nullified to meet our current emergency needs. In this, we have discovered how much of our regulatory structure is just a weapon against the working and middle-class families looking for opportunities to break out. Coronavirus has exposed that sickness too. It's high time we treat it.

The death of Globalism and the rebirth of the American worker in the face of Chinese backstabbing and weak globalist bonds is a welcome change. I look forward not to an economic depression but a deep change in the American character. A change in our attitude toward how we engage in the world, and a government that more reflects the values of Americans in the 21st Century.

This has also revealed the deception in our media with regard to pushing Chinese propaganda as the CCP ramps up efforts to control the narrative. Every day, US and other Western news media organizations beclown themselves as they attempt to sell us the Chinese communist staged goodwill "savior of the world" moments and state-sponsored talking points, while simultaneously shouting down the one man trying to actually fight China, Donald J. Trump. Coupled with what appears to be rampant ChiCom representation in Congress, I believe it is safe to say that November 2020 is the day to really clean house.

We must break away from China in every way that we can. We are far more entangled than any economic arrangement ever need be. Much of it is the work of treasonous scum working against America. It's time to discover who is responsible for this global chicanery and uproot them as they have uprooted every one of us.

References:
www.twincities.com...
www.breitbart.com...
www.ers.usda.gov...
edit on 3 24 2020 by projectvxn because: Various spelling and grammar edits. More likely to come.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Excellent post

We should really be thinking about all these things, and having these conversations right alongside many others.

There were so many aspects working in this direction, and I think covid just catalyzed them. Even just in traditional terms, shifting to self-sufficiency of critical functions is imperative. It does indeed seem obvious...

I really like the idea of using all these cutting edge tools that have come about in the last years to propel ourselves even further towards self-sufficiency and success. I particularly like the notion of self-sufficient, decentralized, but fully open lines of communication essentially from the top down.

Thanks for making the post

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yup, the one good thing to come out of this is people realizing that there is a high price to cheap goods. Globalism is a huge national security risk.

Hopefully, both sides of the aisle can work together to incentivize our largest corporations to stay local with favorable tax and regulatory policy that is more valuable than cheap labor.

I'd love to see the old mill towns and hollowed out midwest towns revitalized with manufacturing plants.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
but the perp of all this mess is one person.
the devils bargainis what the nations are going through
he's actually a person pure lies though...satan lower case s....
edit on 24-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Problem is a purely government one, if you have 2 hotels next to each other, one filling their store room with cheap Chinese crap and one with American crap who has to charge more per room per night, people will take the cheaper option.

We, the consumers have driven this with our demand for low prices.

I don’t think anything major will change except for what we identify as critical supplies, companies may start demanding an indigenous supply.

TV and iPods on the other hand aren’t critical.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

No, but as the 5G discussions have revealed, technology IS a national security issue. For that reason alone we should seek to secure as much of our own resources as humanly possible in order to create a more robust supply chain for technology.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

This lockdown crisis is actually proving the efficacy of decentralized networks. Chiefly, the swift response of online home school resources.

I've been homeschooling my kids since day one. None of this has affected their education at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Problem is a purely government one, if you have 2 hotels next to each other, one filling their store room with cheap Chinese crap and one with American crap who has to charge more per room per night, people will take the cheaper option.

We, the consumers have driven this with our demand for low prices.

I don’t think anything major will change except for what we identify as critical supplies, companies may start demanding an indigenous supply.

Yeah, consumers need to share in the blame. They have to speak/vote with their dollars. Only by showing companies they are willing to pay more for American made will companies feel the need to keep manufacturing local.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
but the perp of all this mess is one person.

he's actually a person pure lies though...satan lower case s....

Soros??

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Modern technology literally changes the conversation about what "decentralization" can mean. Even 100 years ago, there would undoubtedly be benefits, but the cons would be substantial.

I see a lot questioning just how much we might be wasting in terms of unnecessary travel, meetings, etc. Kind of shows an active paradigm shift, in my opinion. One that both of us have been talking about for a while.

I was glad to hear a direct mention of "3d printers" in one of the recent press conferences too. Once we get things like sintered metal, or general multi-material, we essentially have a ready-made decentralized manufacturing base with rapid deployment capabilities. Given the core code, I think CNC has a big role to play too. Make em as easy to use as ink printers, and...

Also, well done with the kids!
edit on 24-3-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This whole mess is showing Americans how much crap they can do without. I hope we also see how damaging the Progressive policies and thought are to our country as a whole. Let’s get these clowns out of here in November.
edit on 2020/3/25 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just don't jinx it man

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched. As soon as it’s feasible to outsource everything again it’s going to happen.

That’s the way of profit.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Hoping you are right.

SnF

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well done... Could be just the plan. Several hundred die for the countries sake aka collateral damage for the greater cause..A free and prosperous USA..a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Bannon has a strong handle on it. I was listening to him tonight. He called the Chinese Government a bunch of thugs running a slave operation. They have a global monopoly on a lot of things.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Production moved overseas because shareholders demanded higher dividends, which meant that corporations need higher profits, which meant lower production costs, because higher product prices would not be borne by the consumer market.

That is just basic free-market capitalism.

Now, in order to bring any significant production percentage back to US shores, you will have to lower production costs below what could be found offshore.

But that will result in concessions that have proved unacceptable historically.

Tax incentives for corporations result in higher taxes for individuals.

Regulations are enacted to correct, or prevent, health, safety, and quality problems affecting employees, consumers, and communities.

Lower wages and benefits for employees, obviously, results in the type of abusive life and working conditions places like China and third world countries are criticized for. Would you suggest the US model such economies?

It would seem that the only way to enact the changes you espouse would be to place so-called “essential” or “strategic” industries under governmental control, circumventing their ability to seek their free-market “level” in favor of keeping their material sourcing and production within the US.

That doesn’t sound very American to me.

And wouldn’t the fear that such tight government-imposed control spread to other industries, despite government assurances to the contrary, tend to stifle all other industries?

And if such “home-grown” products end up costing more than similar products available from overseas sources, are you proposing that American consumers be somehow prohibited from buying those products?

Remember, tariffs limit markets and result in consumers paying higher prices, for everything.

So back to the drawing board.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I propose we stop handing our supply chain and critical stockpile production over to hostile communists.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Oh, you mean outsourcing. That’s result of capitalism, not globalism.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I propose we stop handing our supply chain and critical stockpile production over to hostile communists.

By becoming hostile communists ourselves?

How has that worked for citizens in the past?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join