It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump White House Goal - Begin Relaxing U.S. Covid-19 Restrictions by Easter - 4.12.2020.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Your parents want to live life to its fullest, even if its shortened.

They are to be saluted!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What happens if things open back up to early and a month later we get hit with a second wave that overwhelms our healthcare system even more? We won't have restocked the medical supplies and ppe we currently don't have. We'll be forced to do this again.

If the next wave is worse than this wave our economy will never recover from that. I believe that's why the experts are calling for this.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

Things move so fast in our country with Energizer-Trump as President, we could all be half dead by Easter, or wondering "What ever happened to all the CoronaVirus hysteria?".

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: rickymouse

And, I just think the governors and local officials have a better grasp as to just what they can handle than trump does and should be the ones to decide just what measures should be in place.
And, by the way, I do believe the number of deaths in my state has doubled every two or so days for much of this week.
So, while its dropping somewhere in the world at the present time.. it is just gearing up here.
It's not a one size fits all type of problem... it cant be treated like one...

And one of the "grandmas" that passed here was a kid.

Yes. If there is a problem in a certain state or area, the governors should be able to call for quarantine within that area. We live in the UP and not that many are sick here now with this virus, but the governor of Michigan has quarantined the whole state. The only confirmed cases we have in the UP are just quarantined to their homes. There is no major issue with this disease causing hospitalizations yet, we have more problems here with pneumonias and other health problems.

We do not need country wide major restrictions anymore, each state can evaluate their needs. Our governmor is a complainer, she is blaming the Feds for everything, but like Trump said, we can help but if you can get what you need faster go ahead. The Red cross response usually sucks, same with other federal disaster programs. Our state government is supposed to help the citizens the feds should be helping them, not completely taking over the states.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Circle around much?

FOX News is promoting the idea that the elderly should take one for the team, as patriots who love America and the American way more than they love living. For the economy, for the children. Do it for Jesus, on Easter Sunday!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
🤦‍♂️ Fascinating how we are on the Precipice, moments away from having deaths equivalent to the 9/11 tragedy daily in this country, and we want to have the country back in business during this while, that is happening, if Americans accept that as ok, wow. Relax restrictions brilliant. Talking about people in churches insanity. Nit wit didn’t call it a goal until, the dr. Corrected him.

DC FROM top to bottom lack the intellect to solve this problem. On the topic of DC this is the stupidest federal government I have ever seen, hell I saw this pandemic coming in January, January. These state and federal government did not to get ready, and now we are believing it will be better by Easter.

Stupid.. period. This is going to be a disaster of epic proportions.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
In June of 2019 the H1N1 Swine Flu that Obama-Biden claimed victory over...was still killing people right here in the United States of America.

Since it started circulating in the spring of 2009, H1N1 has infected about 100 million Americans, killing about 75,000 and sending 936,000 to the hospital, the CDC estimates.

Source - June 11, 2019: www.statnews.com...

Did Obama-Biden perhaps re-open the USA too soon???

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

What countrywide restrictions do we have at the present time.
I dont believe there is any, is there?
I admit I may have missed it, but have they closed schools nationwide?
Are bars closed nationwide?
Are people sheltering in place nationwide?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Circle around much?

FOX News is promoting the idea that the elderly should take one for the team, as patriots who love America and the American way more than they love living. For the economy, for the children. Do it for Jesus, on Easter Sunday!

I would be honored to take one for the team, the next twenty years of my life will suck anyway, I am a realist, most of us who worked hard spend a lot of time sore everywhere we got injured in the past. The young go out and join the military to help protect Americas interests, why can't us old people take a little risk.

I do not want to spend the rest of my life stuck in my house, I worked hard, if I want to go to a restaurant and eat, I should be able to go if I want to, it is me who is at risk. I do not want to be on antidepressants the rest of my life because I can't go out and go to senior functions or go out with the kids and have dinner.

I do think that these restrictions for a little while to allow more medical supplies to be acquired is good, but face it, if I only got a couple of years left, why would I want to be stuck in my house and not enjoy my last years. Living in a nursing home pumped full of meds so you do not bother everyone is not on my list of desired retirement life. If I cannot remember my kids, why would I want to even live that long.

If I want to go the the Finn fest this summer, I should be able to go, it may be the last finn fest I can go to. I could drop dead any day from a heart attack, lots of people I know my age have died already.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Drucifer

Enjoy your check.

2nd line.

My paycheck or the stimulus? My paycheck was my decision to make. Because of the uncertainty of stability in my childhood and again in my adult life, after living through several Florida hurricanes and regional shut downs, I found out what careers I could get into that would allow me to get paid consistently, even in catastrophes. Then I busted my ass putting myself through a trade school and worked my way up the ladder at my company, starting at the bottom. There were no free rides or handouts along the way. So yes, I will enjoy paying my mortgage and school loans.

If you're referring to the stimulus, I don't know what to tell you. If the government wants to give me back one month's worth of the money they've taken from me, I'm not going to throw it away.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Circle around much?

I would be honored to take one for the team, the next twenty years of my life will suck anyway, I am a realist, most of us who worked hard spend a lot of time sore everywhere we got injured in the past. The young go out and join the military to help protect Americas interests, why can't us old people take a little risk.

I do not want to spend the rest of my life stuck in my house, I worked hard, if I want to go to a restaurant and eat, I should be able to go if I want to, it is me who is at risk. I do not want to be on antidepressants the rest of my life because I can't go out and go to senior functions or go out with the kids and have dinner.

I do think that these restrictions for a little while to allow more medical supplies to be acquired is good, but face it, if I only got a couple of years left, why would I want to be stuck in my house and not enjoy my last years. Living in a nursing home pumped full of meds so you do not bother everyone is not on my list of desired retirement life. If I cannot remember my kids, why would I want to even live that long.

If I want to go the the Finn fest this summer, I should be able to go, it may be the last finn fest I can go to. I could drop dead any day from a heart attack, lots of people I know my age have died already.

If you don't want to be around anymore, take care of that on your own without putting the general public at risk so you can eat a f*cking steak.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
🤦‍♂️ Fascinating how we are on the Precipice, moments away from having deaths equivalent to the 9/11 tragedy daily in this country, and we want to have the country back in business during this while, that is happening, if Americans accept that as ok, wow. Relax restrictions brilliant. Talking about people in churches insanity. Nit wit didn’t call it a goal until, the dr. Corrected him.

DC FROM top to bottom lack the intellect to solve this problem. On the topic of DC this is the stupidest federal government I have ever seen, hell I saw this pandemic coming in January, January. These state and federal government did not to get ready, and now we are believing it will be better by Easter.

Stupid.. period. This is going to be a disaster of epic proportions.

Well said!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: carewemust

We are all exposed to an alarming amount of potentially deadly diseases daily.

Hello Tuberculosis!

Why don't we pay any mind until the MSM say's we should.

What does a sheep say..Baa Baa

It's interesting how many people are so gullible over what authority figures say and advise. They think because the CDC says it's safe to work in a regular office setting again, that they have to report in, even though they don't want to. That getting a different job is not something they're allowed to do.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It's great to have a goal to reopen businesses but like Dr. Fauci said, they have to be flexible. If covid-19 is still going strong on april 12th, we can't just reopen businesses and say, "screw the old and weak" in favor of the economy.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

For the sake of argument, why not?

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

What countrywide restrictions do we have at the present time.
I dont believe there is any, is there?
I admit I may have missed it, but have they closed schools nationwide?
Are bars closed nationwide?
Are people sheltering in place nationwide?

It appears that the Feds are only making recommendations on a lot of things. I just researched that. They did state that big meetings over 250 people should not be allowed, and also gatherings over ten people should even be avoided, but no real rule banning it was done on the federal level as far as I could find.

It is mostly all states that are creating all the rules and regulations, you can even get a fine here for driving somewhere non-essential. Which sucks, the cop pulling you over could give you coronavirus. You are not supposed to be walking around downtown, yet the governor says you should go out walking...so where are you supposed to walk? My daughter can get fined for going to her business, the same goes for my accountant, he can only go in for about an hour a day and cannot let anyone in. But that is all state craziness. Not Federal.

If Trump shuts down the feds stuff, states might not be allowed to get so crazy.

link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: carewemust

I remember the anti-America terrorists on CNN doing a count-up....
"This the 21st day that the Trump White House has not held a daily briefing. Things must be in disarray, because there's so much to keep hidden from the media and the public".

Yes; questioning everything IAM. The leftist media are relentless. This attempt to overthrow Trumps administration using false statements or WORDS is not working.

After President Trump is re-elected, (or maybe sooner), he's going to expose a lot of dirt accumulated by the FBI against key media owners. I'm hoping he doesn't stop there. Have the DOJ do a deep dive to determine how severe their traitorous conspiring really is.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Its a goal that I genuinely hope we meet or beat. Certainly not going to root against it..

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Don't you realize that sooner or later most people will be getting this virus. We are just trying to prolong it so we get more medical stuff in place for those who might get the worse cases.

Once you get it, you get immunity to it. I do not know if the vaccine they are working with gives this lifetime immunity and boosts innate immunity or if it just supplies antigens. Since it comes from blood plasma, I would guess it might boost innate immunity, way better than the crappy flu viruses which limit broad form innate response with antigens.

I am not going to go out and purposely endanger others lives, keeping six feet between people does not even work if you are walking behind a sick person in the store, you walk right into the virus he/she sheds.

Two to three weeks isolation should be fine, it gives us time to get prepared, we don't have to keep this going on and make everyone fear living. We should learn from this and actually not do big crowding events like black friday in stores, Cruise ships, and we should think of stopping the flying all over the country and world, airports probably spread way more disease than anything. Subways should be banned too, lots of sickness is spread in those subways and trains. Do you really need to be traveling all over the country and world....No.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If you bankrupt a country with a war it is not good, especially if you are not accomplishing anything by fighting that war. This virus will run it's course and to a point, slowing it's spread so we have time to prepare is good.

In three weeks we should be able to handle this virus better and we will still have an economy.

I am not afraid of this virus, I am afraid that my kids future may be bleak.

If the MSM/Democrats get their way, America will be damaged badly. Joe Biden will take the helm of the country and finish it off.

China will then be the world's new economic super-power.

As a matter of fact, it was reported Tuesday afternoon that China is back to full production of goods and materials already. If the USA is still floundering by June, China WILL be the world's foremost economic super-power.

I'm sure many Democrats, like DianeChina Feinstein, LeBron Ho-Che James, wouldn't mind. But the vast majority of "normal" Americans want our USA to remain on top!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Who is gonna stop them??
The only ones with the power to is the people living in that state, the voters, without breaking the laws.
The CDC can come into a place and quarentine or shut it down but I dont think they have the authority to prevent the local dept of health or govt from doing it.
And quite frankly, the CDC can do it and even trump wouldnt be able to undo it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join