It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump White House Goal - Begin Relaxing U.S. Covid-19 Restrictions by Easter - 4.12.2020.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Tuesday, March 24, 2020

As the CoronaVirus mortality (death) rate continues to decline in the United States, President Trump is setting a goal of Resurrection Sunday next month, for beginning to reopen businesses...and relaxing the strict CDC requirements recommended in early March.

Of course, goals of this nature must be flexible, due to unforeseen complications. But like the planning America put into President Kennedy's goal of landing a "man on the moon", the goal timeline must be set, and appropriate resources applied towards achieving it.

During today's CoronaVirus-19 White House status briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci elaborated:

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday said President Trump’s stated timeline for the lifting of restrictions on parts of the country by Easter Sunday should be "flexible."

Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a prominent member of the White House's coronavirus task force, added it is important for public health officials to gauge how widespread coronavirus is in parts of the country that haven't reported significant numbers of cases.

“That’s really very flexible,” Fauci told reporters at the White House when asked about the president’s timeline, which Trump floated earlier Tuesday during a Fox News virtual town hall on the coronavirus pandemic.

“You can look at a date but you’ve got to be very flexible and on a literally day-by-day and week-by-week basis. You need to evaluate the feasibility of what you’re trying to do," Fauci said.

Fauci suggested regions with fewer cases may be able to ease guidelines urging people to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people and stay away from bars and restaurants before harder-hit areas.
More at: thehill.com...

With some of America's most populated states (like NY/CA/IL/MI ) forcing the closure of thousands of businesses, which in turn forces the closure of thousands more, millions of Americans are out of work or have sharply reduced hours. The number grows daily. The economy of the United States is quickly slowing, like an Aircraft Carrier would, if it was quickly shifted into Neutral.

To make sure America doesn't shift into reverse, the economic engine needs to be put back in forward gear again.

Like President Trump said late last night, "We can't let the CURE, inflict more damage than the disease itself".

In other words, if America has to lose a few hundred lives to Covid-19 every month, like it does to the common Flu...so be it.

The alternative (the Cure) is financial ruin for many many millions of American families.

Naturally, the same media and medical people who are wrong about almost every prediction they've made over the past 3+ years, are angry at the President for even suggesting that any parts of the USA can "reopen for business" by April 12th...Easter Sunday.

Like Congress, these media/medical people will not be struggling to pay rent, car notes, education expenses, etc.. like the millions of Americans who will be out of work. So of course they say, "What's the hurry? Let's remove all risks. We know what's best for everyone.". WRONG (again).

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/24/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah! I can't wait to bring Gramma Millie to a crowded church on Easter Sunday!

edit on 24-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It would be nice if this were over by Easter, no doubt.
But I’d rather listen to the doctors, scientists, and data.
There won’t be much of an economic recovery if the hospitals are overwhelmed with people they can’t help.

If there was ever a time NOT to listen to Trump, this is it folks.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Who is putting Granny on the death panel now guys ?

Sacrifice the elderly at the alter of wall-street.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's great to have a goal to reopen businesses but like Dr. Fauci said, they have to be flexible. If covid-19 is still going strong on april 12th, we can't just reopen businesses and say, "screw the old and weak" in favor of the economy.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am sure most everyone here knows I have supported Trump all along.
But the last few Covid-19 news conferences with him, I have had to shut it off while he has been speaking because I just can’t listen to him anymore about this.
There is no #ing way this sh!t is going to be over by Easter with the numbers everywhere doubling and tripling every day.
I have questioned myself about did they really need to crash the entire #ing economy over this but who am I to say?
I have seen people rifling through stores in almost complete panic and it’s starting to make my head spin.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but it's been local and state govts deciding to close schools, businesses, stay at home orders ect...
The CDC may have made recommendations but there hasn't been much of anything done on a national scale to shut down anything.
So, I really dont know how much power trump is gonna have to undo what the governors and local officials have decided to do??

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackberryRabbit

Is someone forcing grandma do anything other than self quarantine?

I am so sick of this stupid argument.

If the elderly self quarantine the risk for them goes down the more healthy folks catch the virus and develop natural immunities, like humans have always done.

Grandma is not part of the work force in most cases and can self quarantine as long as necessary to avoid any unnecessary risks if that is what Grandma wants to do.

The rest of us need to go to work so Grandma has a supply chain of food and other necessities that she can have safely delivered to her.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am sure most everyone here knows I have supported Trump all along.
But the last few Covid-19 news conferences with him, I have had to shut it off while he has been speaking because I just can’t listen to him anymore about this. There is no #ing way this sh!t is going to be over by Easter with the numbers everywhere doubling and tripling every day.

He is giving these conferences because the media (having attempted to make him a uncaring toady) might make a verbal slip up they can benefit from and then skin/flay him.

RazorV66: I have questioned myself about did they really need to crash the entire #ing economy over this but who am I to say? I have seen people rifling through stores in almost complete panic and it’s starting to make my head spin.

The hysteria is out of hand. This was an orchestrated effort to crash our economy and destroy a tourism hub: Italy. The symbolic accidental burning of Notre Dame was the first salvo of a very serious attempt to change a paradigm. Make unstable in order to unseat America (as leader of the free world) and all of its common sense God given truths and replace it with a Pinko Commie Chinese suffocation of freewill/thought/expression.
Do liberals not realize their opinions or agendas/THEY themselves would not be allowed to exist in a Communist/Dictatorship? Are the Chinese Globalists? Is this virus ultimately a good thing for Xi Jinping?
edit on 24-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Hopefully your grandmother smart enough not to let you do that?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
It would be nice if this were over by Easter, no doubt.
But I’d rather listen to the doctors, scientists, and data.
There won’t be much of an economic recovery if the hospitals are overwhelmed with people they can’t help.

If there was ever a time NOT to listen to Trump, this is it folks.

That's why the goal is FLEXIBLE.

Wealthy/Successful people set ambitious goals...like USING BRAINS to defeat a candidate who had the endorsement of 90% of the planet.

But, they remain FLEXIBLE.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

No haven’t you heard.

Once we all go back to work we are going to go to all the homes of the elderly and drag them back into large groups. We will then start coughing on them to get them sick hoping they will die and be less of a burden on the rest of us.

You know it’s for the best. I mean so much more money for the rest of us. I’m sure Wall Strat will be booming without all that SS money that is being sucked out of the system.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackberryRabbit

We'll see where things stand at that time. The Trump administration can relax requirements, but most people are intelligent enough to make up their own mind about their personal risk exposure.

Since the death-rate is so low for CoronaVirus-19, you won't find many people avoiding restaurants, except certain personality types.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Not if she watches FOX News, she isn't.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

If the numbers are "doubling and tripling every day", I don't think we'll need to be concerned about a relaxation of anything at all. In fact, we'll all be afflicted by Covid-19, or DEAD shortly after Easter.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Just Hunker Down in your Rat Hole then , and be SAFE while other People who want to LIVE Again take their Chances with this Virus that was a Direct Attack against them by Purely Evil People . I Bet even you can't Stay in that Hole Forever Waiting for a Miracle Cure Fellow Human ..........

edit on 24-3-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The Trump administration can relax requirements

No he can't. He can let airplanes back in from China and Italy, but he can't force people back to work or school. That's up to state governors and city mayors.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Not if she watches FOX News, she isn't.

Fox News has been telling Grandma to stay home for a while now. They have been spreading fear just like the other stations.

You must not actually watch Fox News. Not blaming you but you should at least get your facts straight.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sing Easter Parade, you’ll be safe then.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If a state has a .8% Covid-19 mortality rate and refuses to reopen businesses, there are "measures" available, to force reopening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join