It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid package claimed to be neccessary jumps from 2 trillion to 6 trillion in one day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve's repo market operation went from 50 billion a day back in September, to 1 trillion a day now.

What's the difference at this point?

Make it 10 trillion.....20 trillion...🤷🏽‍♂️

Skies the limit for them, why not us???

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think all the big ones are registered offshore to the U.S., to avoid taxes I presume. I can imagine though, that they bring in a lot of tourist $$s to whatever ports they visit.

It will be hilarious when a corporation with offshore accounts complains to the feds they are having a hard time because muh supply chain in China.

"You better give us some free gib me dats, or we'll go under, and you'll lose jobs. And if you don't have those jobs, who pays the taxes?"

"Also, please pay our employees during the furlough, or they'll default, K, thanx".

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Grambler
2 trillion one day. 6 trillion the next. Bailing out cruiselines and abortion clinics.

Again with the abortions.
Surely social distancing lessens the need for abortions right?

How much of that 8 trillion is going to abortions?

I have no clue.

the point is at the same time our government is telling us we have to accept huge infringements on our rights, huge financial burdens and other things, because this virus must be the sole focus of us to survive it, they are proposing finding abortion clinics in the emergency bill.

The fact that even one dollar was considered for abortion clinic or these other garbage pork projects in both proposals, is a slap in the face of every American, even ones who are pro choice.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

2 trillion one day. 6 trillion the next. Bailing out cruiselines and abortion clinics.

Well one dollar would be to much if funding came from this bill...
But then again the Kennedy center for performing arts gets $35 million per democrat request.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: toolgal462

I have showed my plan over and over on threads you were all over. Im not retyping it out for you.

By the way trump said 50000 could possibly die yesterday.

I dont think 50000 dead (less than die of gun and auto accidents a year) is worth collapsing the world economy.

Funny, you think I'm "all over" your countless threads on the same topic but I'm afraid I never saw anything from you that resembled a plan.

Other than letting the virus rage and the pizza shop stay open.

Trump doesn't know how many this thing could kill. NO one does. Do you really think that you do?

Most people, in case you haven't noticed, are not making a big deal out of "sheltering in place" for a couple of weeks...

Most people, although inconvenienced, and even with the threat of losing their jobs and businesses are aware of the extraordinary circumstances we are currently living in.

And most of us also understand the meaning of the word, "temporary".

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think it's an issue of people not questioning them, as it is of just them ignoring people that do. I personally don't get it, these idiots are for the most part up for re-election. Either they have already rigged the vote, or just don't think that they can get voted out.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Well one dollar would be to much if funding came from this bill...
But then again the Kennedy center for performing arts gets $35 million per democrat request.

I feel so bad for the republicans who are going to be forced to vote on it to save the country.

Sacrificing their morals, fiscal conservative principals, and dignity just so we get can out Yang Bux. They're saving the nation, and that's how everyone will remember it (unironically though, that's seriously how this is going to be remembered)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What would you suggest, let workers go without getting paid for a month or two? Or let them all get back to work so that the death toll skyrockets due to overwhelmed hospitals? I can definitely see your point if you think the bill is too expensive and has unnecessary parts, though!

I linked you a scientific article in another post that shows the VERY REAL data that explains that if we don't shut things down, hospitals will get overrun and the death rate will spike due to patients not being able to get oxygen who need it.

If Trump lets people get back to work, he won't be able to stop science with his ignorance - it will become obvious that he would be responsible for the deaths of millions of Americans, and that could be extremely bad for his reputation.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to send everyone to work... and many of them to their deaths. I'm not sure if you are Christian, but this isn't the Christian thing to do. And even a capitalist should be worried about losing so much of their workforce and so many consumers.

I guess you might be one of those people interested in lowering the Earth's population and could see the deaths of millions of Americans as a plus.

Here is a bit about the numbers:

Trump’s sudden shift was driven by an alarming new scientific model, developed by British epidemiologists and shared with the White House. The scientists bluntly stated the coronavirus is the most serious respiratory virus threat since the 1918 flu pandemic. If no action to limit the viral spread were taken, as many as 2.2 million people in the United States could die over the course of the pandemic, according to epidemiologist Neil Ferguson and others at the Imperial College Covid-19 Response Team.

Adopting some mitigation strategies to slow the pandemic — such as isolating those suspected of being infected and social distancing of the elderly — only cuts the death toll in half to 1.1 million, although it would also reduce demand for health services by two-thirds.

Washington Post

The responsible thing to do is continue social distancing to let the virus burn through our population slowly enough to keep hospitals from being overcrowded. And in order to do that, we have to make sure that workers put out of work are able to pay their rent and bills.

What are your suggestions? Do you have alternatives? And no... denying science won't actually work to solve a situation like this. But I'm open to other options, and I can see how you might be right about criticizing parts of this bill - it is expensive! Is there any stimulus you would like to see pass? What about direct payments to workers? Is that okay? How much social distancing would you recommend?

Do you think doubling the death count is worth going back to work early? That many deaths could also have an economic impact.
edit on 24pmTue, 24 Mar 2020 20:31:30 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What a well-balanced post. Many would omit that $4 Trillion of the $6 Trillion comes from "additional liquidity".

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What a well-balanced post. Many would omit that $4 Trillion of the $6 Trillion comes from "additional liquidity".

What a well-balanced post. Many would omit that $4 Trillion of the $6 Trillion comes from "additional liquidity welfare".

FTFY

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Trump doesn't know how many this thing could kill. NO one does. Do you really think that you do?

This is exactly the point.

I refuse to think its a good idea to allow the government to take away any rights they want, shut down huge sectors of the economy, and spend 6 trillion dollars, most of it garbage to help billionaires and other pet projects, all the while even the most ardent supporters of this admit they and trump and everyone advising him have no clue how bad the virus will be.

As I said, if we accept this, the next fear "we jave know idea how bad it will be" will be used to screw over middle america once more.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I believe that means "we will just print 4 trillion"

Can anyone clarify that for me?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You know it!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

This is exactly the point.

I refuse to think its a good idea to allow the government to take away any rights they want, shut down huge sectors of the economy, and spend 6 trillion dollars, most of it garbage to help billionaires and other pet projects, all the while even the most ardent supporters of this admit they and trump and everyone advising him have no clue how bad the virus will be.

As I said, if we accept this, the next fear "we jave know idea how bad it will be" will be used to screw over middle america once more.

Well, let me just be the first to say, we are lucky you aren't in charge.
Ridiculous

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So what is your grand plan then?

Your ideas on how to deal with the world economy right now?

Just waiting to listen to your peals of knowledge on how you would fix it.

Maybe a youtube video explaining it?

Firstly, and most importantly, the President needs to sign an executive order declaring the Federal Reserve a direct threat to National security. He needs to ban them from creating another single debt coupon, i.e, "Federal" reserve note.

That could be done TODAY.

From there, Congress needs to SEIZE all assets and acquired wealth from that rogue "agency" and restructure our currency and monetary system.

Would it ever be implemented?

Not a freaking chance.

edit on 3/24/2020 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I agree that we don't need to be spending money to help billionaires and pet projects right now! I agree that shutting down huge sections of the economy is rather dangerous (it is just that the alternative is worse).

I disagree that it isn't possible to use science to make models projecting things like death rates and infection rates. Would you rather rely on prayer to tell you those answers? Or maybe Mr. Random ATS user? When it comes down to it, this kind of decision-making is so vital to the health of our nation that we can't afford to meddle around with opinions from people who have no expertise.

I agree that there could be ways to be more fiscally responsible for this bill.
edit on 24pmTue, 24 Mar 2020 20:39:33 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I guess we will see what the final tally looks like.

Meanwhile, we have to crash the economy to save the economy.

It would be immoral of us to not bail out billionaire companies, abortion clinics, certain schools, and suspend habeus corpus.

By suggestion that extreme measures like those being taken may be warranted, but the government should have to answer basic questions first is clearly horrific.

Start that money printing press, give it all to whoever anyone in the government says, its the only moral thing to do!
edit on 24-3-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

I guess we will see what the final tally looks like.

Meanwhile, we have to crash the economy to save the economy.

It would be immoral of us to not bail out billionaire companies, abortion clinics, certain schools, and suspend habeus corpus.

By suggestion that extreme measures like those being taken may be warranted, but the government should have to answer basic questions first is clearly horrific.

Start that money printing press, give it all to whoever anyone in the government says, its the only moral thing to do!

I'll focus on what I agree with. We should not bail out billionaire companies and abortion clinics would count as a pet project. Suspending habeas corpus does sound like a bad idea. Are you talking about Attorney General Barr's proposals?

Waiting to see what the final tally looks like while not doing anything about it sounds dumb to me... although it sounds like you are interested in responding somehow. What kinds of responses DO you want to see?

Are you against bailing out the common worker who won't be able to pay their rent or buy food, regardless of any fault of their own?
edit on 24pmTue, 24 Mar 2020 20:44:37 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

There isn't a person in your threads that is for bailing out billionaires or suspending habeas corpus.

Everyone, except for you and a couple of others, wants this stimulus as temporary relief to the low income and middle income people who will be gravely affected by a loss of a few weeks or more income.

and you know it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

If anything, this part seems like it needs more explanation:

$4 trillion will come in the form of liquidity from the Federal Reserve

is that liquidity from, or of the federal reserve?

Just to be clear, this part has been talked about since last week, so the package didn't actually grow from $2T to $6T. The actual aid is still $2T.

I have no idea what the # "$4T in liquidity" means, but it's not new, they've been talking about it the entire time they've been negotiating this bill.

Anyone who's been following this more than 5 minutes should know this. They talk about it every time they mention the stimulus package.
edit on 24 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join