It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to go back to the bartering system-screw China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
when I mean the C word, i mean the Chinese.

Howdy ya'll, i wish you all a good coronavirus-dammit i meant I wish you all a good day!!!

Now it has been pointed out by fellow members that there is overwhelming evidence that this virus was indeed made in china. small businesses are going under, our beloved sporting events, going to the movies, the list goes on. Now how do combat this? the ancients knew the answer.

The bartering system has worked for thousands of years-you have a surplus of goods but are in demand of another, trades are made, that's it. then money came into play. then some idiot invented currency, which effed the world, and has done so since then. I believe that China is a sleazy species, they manipulate stocks for their own benefits, they manipulate internet providers and stock markets, so this is where the bartering system come in.

exchange goods for services, or goods for goods, if you need labor, pay employees via products, for instance if you own a small burger shop, let the volunteer take home a burger and chips, if you volunteer at a local gas station, get free gas, and so forth. money has become of too much importance.

The free world will prevail. we have seen china's fast and loose approach to democracy and the rest of the world will unite, we will help our fellow man to be silenced, we won't allow i know and you know these bastards needs to be punished.

I hope you are listening China, because empires fall.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sorry, DP. But my point still stands, my laptops keyboard is screwed up, guess where it was made? stupid question.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Meanwhile, in my world...

I trade with one of my neighbors for wheat... in return I give him beer made from his wheat, among other things.

My property taxes I pay each year with the proceeds of selling wine.

I get honey from another neighbor in exchange for elk pastrami, deer jerky.

I trade early vegetables for cheese, I trade eggs for berries so I don't have to pick them myself.

A guy helps me keep my driveway plowed every winter... I take car of his wife's and son's car maintenance.

We are already bartering but is frowned on and in the case of my wine illegal.

Because nobody is paying a tax in the transaction.

Sad, isn't it?

edit on 24-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Meanwhile, in my world...

I trade with one of my neighbors for wheat... in return I give him beer made from his wheat, among other things.

My property taxes I pay each year with the proceeds of selling wine.

I get honey from another neighbor in exchange for elk pastrami, deer jerky.

I trade early vegetables for cheese, I trade eggs for berries so I don't have to pick them myself.

A guy helps me keep my driveway mowed every winter... I take car of his wife's and son's car maintenance.

We are already bartering but is frowned on and in the case of my wine illegal.

Because nobody is paying a tax in the transaction.

Sad, isn't it?

^this^

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We don't need to go back to bartering. But we should certainly revaluate our relationship with China. The only Americans that benefit from a partnership with China are our corrupt politicians.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
We don't need to go back to bartering. But we should certainly revaluate our relationship with China. The only Americans that benefit from a partnership with China are our corrupt politicians.

Everyone should start the process of bartering with others.

Simply because the long-term value of the American dollar is going to be slightly less than toilet paper.

Or a LOT less I guess if the TPocalypse of 2020 keeps going...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I believe that China is a sleazy species, 

What, you know all chinese people to justify that stupid comment? Seriously what a stupid ignorant thing to say!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Currency has only ever been a representative middleman.. Quite useful, insofar as that goes.

Somewhere along the line, we got it in our heads it is the beginning, middle, and end.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Yeah the millions of American companies do not benafit from their relationship with China.

Seriously? America needs China as much as China needs America.

top topics

join