It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elevator (covid related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ever since I started reading about the whole corona epidemic and its precautions nobody ever mentioned the use of elevators. I understand that it is a problem, a big problem for people who can not do without using it.

You can undertand where I am going with this,... At this time it is safe to say that using an elevator is for some people almost playing russian roulette. You do not know if a contaminated person has just left the lift and has been leaving respiration fluids all over the place...and is still airborne. I think it is safe to say that a lift can be a deathtrap for some potential victims of this virus. Me myself live in a highrise but fortunatly on the third floor and can take the stairwell whenever necessary. I fully understood the unfriendly face from a neighbour who lives on the sixth floor when I mentioned the increased risc catching the virus when taking the elevator. But what can such a person do.. I know that exercise and a healthy body will help fight an infection but taking the stairwell upto the 67th floor each day...and several times per day can be too much...is too much. Anyways... to all people who use an elevator...all I can say is..be carefull.

PS Maybe some of you have usefull suggestions/ solutions, please share them.

edit on 24/3/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hold your breath?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy
Hold your breath?

Use the stairs
Keeps you fitter and better for your health?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That is a very good point, hopefully the risk will be gone when we go back to work. Some of us can walk a flight or two but it's difficult for me beyond that because of arthritis in my knees and hips. Others with walkers and wheelchairs, for example, can't do stairs.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Don't be this guy.

Disgusting moment man wipes saliva inside train station lift during coronavirus outbreak

This is a disgusting moment a man ignored coronavirus fears, licking his fingers and scratching his genitals before wiping his hands around a lift.

CCTV footage shows a shaven head man taking a BTS sky train lift in Bangkok, central Thailand. He was spotted glimpsing at the CCTV before the doors opened, walking out then returning into the elevator.

He then licked his finger and applied the saliva onto several buttons. He also scratched his genitals and wiped his fingers around the lift and licked his hand again before pressing more buttons.

Wash your hands. Use sanitizer often.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Elevators are germ factories!

I call my hubs "Typhoid Mary" because he is an elevator mechanic and brings home every single germ or virus that makes its way around- giving it to me but rarely getting sick himself. It is only a matter of time before the COVID-19 makes its way home with him.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
That is a very good point, hopefully the risk will be gone when we go back to work. Some of us can walk a flight or two but it's difficult for me beyond that because of arthritis in my knees and hips. Others with walkers and wheelchairs, for example, can't do stairs.

Most public places have escalators these days?

Wheel chairs? thats a different story.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I play that game daily as I work on elevators.

Not really scared of getting covid-19 , I have a really strong immune system. Shoot, I really think I have already had it a few months back.

Wear gloves, use a pen or something that will NOT break the buttons. I use the sleeve of my jacket and try to wash frequently.

As my wife mentioned above, I am typhoid mary in many aspects. I get a mild cough while everyone else dies around me. Just kidding.

Just try to take the proper precautions.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This has been trending in social (distance) media..

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Already see myself impaling in to that spike trap, most likely will full on face dive in that thing because i am left handed, thus belonging in to a risk group.

edit on 24-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: NoConspiracy
Hold your breath?

Use the stairs
Keeps you fitter and better for your health?

Best advice yet!

Seriously, is anything ever really safe?

No!

If it's in your power to use the stairs, get some exercise. If it's not, or if you're just too damn lazy, be careful what you touch and if somebody on board is hacking and sneezing, jump off at the next floor.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
edit on 2020 3 24 by incoserv because: I am a bit anal about my orthography.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What about the fact that we have closed so many businesses that more people have been forced into grocery stores, Walmart’s, Costco’s etc..... have you seen the lines? Are we somehow immune when we go grocery shopping? A few wear masks, a few wear gloves, but most are in close quarters to each other guaranteeing the spread of Coronavirus and other illnesses.

We were better off IMO having the places we eat at use social distancing to have us sit further apart. This way we would not be abnormally crowded into grocery markets.

Just an observation from one who pays attention to what goes on in the real world.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ok..missed that one. Happy to learn attention is being given to this practical problem for many people. Also nice to see how people take initiative to overcome pushing dirty buttons in a safe way.

edit on 24/3/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

They're trying

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

If the elevator music doesn't injure you first

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Today there was note from the housing association placed near the elevator with a guideline how to use the lift. Preferably one person at the time in the lift and to use gloves or keys when pushing the buttons. Attentive, they woke up and the least they could do...

new topics

top topics

join