It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel laureate that predicted China’s “recovery” says the US will be fine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: BlueJacket

Good. I like the SG and Dr. Fauci both. They come off as straight shooters and like guys that are willing to say things the President might not want to hear. Not a shot at the Pres, just an observation that what we don’t need right now is yes-men, and neither of them strike me as such.
I concurr. In business, I need the employess who point out my lack of insights, not agree with them and push an error forward.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think any prediction made using official CCP information is about as useful as using tissue paper to stop artillery shells.

South Korea may be a better indictaor but they took action almost immediately. The West did not.

The only rational response for governments is to plan for and implement measures for the worst case scenario. If it turns out to be not so bad then no harm done. The alternative is to implement half-measures, hope it isn't too bad and pray that it doesn't spread like wildfire resulting in total collapse of the health system. Which would be a state of affairs that is far from ideal.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
No one in their right mind would feel bad about this positive prediction. People are not all panicking. That may be a myth. They're doing some level of just what China did, practically all the countries.

Indeed, it’s the people saying stop the distancing and go back to normal prematurely and let the old die who are panicking.

The key is to support ALL the folks out of work and when this is over do whatever we have to do we do it to rebuild the economy.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
Take a look at this tracker. It breaks each US state down by county. Every place that it is hitting a steep upward curve is a HIGHLY populated metro area. Instead of statewide isolation, taking out entire economies, there could be smarter, less impact full isolation. As history shows (see H1N1 note below) the stupidity and selfishness of people doesn't require the actions taken. Yeah, my opinion, but the math is right.
COVID19 Realtime
This one covers the world.
Hopskins Tracker

There are several major differences between the U.S. and other countries experiencing overwhelmed hospitals and health services. The biggest being population density. Here is an example of differences. I searched all this in about 15mins, and anyone can.

Hubei Province, China (Wuhan is capitol) has 990 hospitals. Total Staffed Beds in All Wuhan Hospitals: 23,000. Hubei pop. 59,170,000
Pop density: 867 per square mile
Italy has 1,063 hospitals Total Staffed Beds in All Italy's Hospitals: 192,548. Italy pop. 60,627,291
Pop density: 520 per mile
U.S. has 6,210 hospitals. Total Staffed Beds in All U.S. Hospitals: 924,107 U.S. pop. 329,064,917
Pop density: 22 per mil.

Remember H1N1, more commonly known as Swine Flu? This was the most recent pandemic (besides HIV/AIDS, which is still considered a pandemic). It began in early 2009 and lasted through late 2010. Between April 2009 and April 2010, there were approximately 60.8 million cases, 274,304 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths in the United States alone! Globally, it likely infected between 700 million and 1.4 billion people, resulting in 150,000 to 575,000 fatalities. While this loss of life was tragic, more than a decade later, many scarcely remember Swine Flu. Nothing in the way of government imposed action was taken to stop that other than the declaration of an emergency and the advice on how to prevent its spread.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Research Hong Kong then!

Let's deny ignorance:
The only reason Hong Kong's numbers are down is because they have it under control.

America doesn't.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Aldolas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The numbers for the US will steadily increase before taking a sharp uptick in April and continue before spiking in June. From then, the numbers will drop dramatically before another wave sweeps the nation in early 2021 sometime between November and January. It will dissipate by April 2021.
edit on 24-3-2020 by milestunc because: Months listed were in accurate. Memory can, at times, be faulty.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We should have never called a quarantine because it doesn't make sense when a virus is already global. Quarantines are for the earliest stages when it's localized.

Whoever concocted this was an idiot and tanked the economy and ruined tens of millions of lives! All for nothing because everyone will catch this cold soon enough.

This is entirely the result of the MSM lying and all of these Zombies believe it without question.

I cannot believe y'all gave up your freedom for nothing. Zero gains!! Tons of losses!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And what are the odds??

How is it that I've been one of the only voices of reason?

How is it that Trump was one of the only ones that took a rational approach to this??

He went too far to cater to all this panic and hysteria anyways. He should have these ppl in the MSM brought up on federal charges for screaming fire in a crowded theater. This was unacceptable and evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldolas

There's reason to see turning the corner being in sight , at least in countries where the lockdowns are working and air travel stops , as Italy's numbers have begun to drop slightly , China's not getting new domestic cases , Japan have seen improvements , etc.
Even India made an amazing effort their recent curfew was so quiet as well . The British response has been brilliant , they're doing a fantastic job of dealing with this, government too , excellent across the board . It's the weaker health systems, war zones, etc that will or are sufferring hardest , there's a lack of a broadscale global view while media concentrate on home news , the economy seems to be the worst problem but holding out until it's stamped out is what has got to happen , it's a bloody good thing we have the WHO for these purposes too , some responses have been pretty crap eg the Italians pre lockdown , but even they've switched general corruption and public decadence to an organised approach at mitigating their own ignorantly lax behaviours in the face of it.
Lessons will be are being learned from , it's a good thing the UK had Brexit over and out before this pandemic got largess but also the world economy in going to be in mess it can't get out of depending what results in places like Egypt , Bangladesh , Myanmar , Somalia , Yemen Iran etc . We've heard NADA from Russia recently either

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
We should have never called a quarantine because it doesn't make sense when a virus is already global. Quarantines are for the earliest stages when it's localized.

Whoever concocted this was an idiot and tanked the economy and ruined tens of millions of lives! All for nothing because everyone will catch this cold soon enough.

This is entirely the result of the MSM lying and all of these Zombies believe it without question.

I cannot believe y'all gave up your freedom for nothing. Zero gains!! Tons of losses!!!

Rubbish , it's better than 100 million people dying and 8 billion being prone to this virus , to lock down for while. Its a massive gain not to live in a world with SARS going round and round . Or it's an aversion of a serious loss to humanity and its way of life. If the plans go wrong you won't like it.
The powers the UK gave its own government to use against it have a clause where they re automatically void when they become unnecessary . There's no need to subvert governance if it's being done properly .

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

And what are the odds??

How is it that Trump was one of the only ones that took a rational approach to this??

He went too far to cater to all this panic and hysteria anyways. He should have these ppl in the MSM brought up on federal charges for screaming fire in a crowded theater. This was unacceptable and evil.

You must be watching a different Trump than the rest of us. He's saying the exact same things as the media, because it's what the CDC, WHO, the medical staff caring for these people, and surgeon general are saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I guess the rest of the world is also hysterical?

edit on 24-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Rubbish , it's better than 100 million people dying and 8 billion being prone to this virus , to lock down for while. Its a massive gain not to live in a world with SARS going round and round . Or it's an aversion of a serious loss to humanity and its way of life. If the plans go wrong you won't like it.
The powers the UK gave its own government to use against it have a clause where they re automatically void when they become unnecessary . There's no need to subvert governance if it's being done properly .

Another big government anti-freedom unqualified opinion from a fake doctor that believes in fake news.

This virus is global now. How did you miss it? The quarantine failed because it was called wayyy too late in the game.

Just because you have a piece of paper and a fancy title in your name on shows you're great at regurgitating what's on the exam.

Your indoctrinated into this "govt oppression is good" gibberish.

Y'all are the same ppl that pushed all these dangerous potentially deadly pharmaceutical drugs on ppl to get bonus pay from each sale. And now you think I forgot your track record of reckless behavior that endangered countless millions all in the name of profit? Patients became guinea pigs in testing new chemicals, tons died or were maimed, and now you wanna forget all that and convince everyone to give up Liberty and the Economy for NOTHING.

Forgive me if I consider your bs beliefs the only real problem.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

And what are the odds??

You must be watching a different Trump than the rest of us. He's saying the exact same things as the media, because it's what the CDC, WHO, the medical staff caring for these people, and surgeon general are saying.

I said "was" past tense.
Referring to like a month ago.
Not currently.

He gave in to the fear mongering which was a horrible mistake that will cost us trillions $$$, destroy many lives, and will NOT STOP OR SLOW any disease from spreading.

Everyone's being exposed right now globally, has been and will continue to be. Despite all the self inflicted suffering...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
Exactly .

Given that we re all now in a prone position globally , a point where we could get completely and systematically depopulated by a one world order running martial law , it's actually quite easy to see that that is not going to happen , and responsible and civilised governance prevails in the main , something most of us have been lucky for despite the complainers . Some prople would complain as you saved their life , ridiculous but true .

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The problem is that conspiracy theories may have degrees of truth or they may not. But the virus can be deadly and a very real problem either way.

As long as the danger is real, just as the danger of the poor folks in the WTC towers was real, then all of the discussion -- conspiracy accusations and the like about who did what and when--is irrelevant NOW.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I sincerely hope he is correct.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Exactly .

Given that we re all now in a prone position globally , a point where we could get completely and systematically depopulated by a one world order running martial law , it's actually quite easy to see that that is not going to happen , and responsible and civilised governance prevails in the main , something most of us have been lucky for despite the complainers . Some prople would complain as you saved their life , ridiculous but true .

So you call an alert and lock down over the cold, pretend it's airborne Ebola, then stop testing ppl so you can say "look at the new numbers, govt control works!".

Y'all lied and faked it.

It is scientifically impossible to quarantine this virus after it spread.

It is impossible that China has no new cases no matter how draconian it became.

This virus will spread and mutate for years. That's an obvious fact.

I'm fear mongering against your fear mongering because I only fear fear itself.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What absolute tosh , a pandemic is not " nothing "

but it is some of the most serious crap your precious liberty and economy is ever likely to face off.

Get real , don't be idiotic about things like this, take a temporary break from being angry about sensible people doing necessary things , which they never wanted to have to do. They have to do it , so be s man , learn a thing , and take it for now.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Exactly .

It is scientifically impossible

That's a new one ?

"It's an obvious fact " ....

....because ...... ( insert justification)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join