It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the next step when not if people start to refuse to cooperate with covid lockdowns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wow the amount of righteousness is staggering. How long until we have people narcing on other people for not doing what their told to do(!), get together some like minded folks and lay down some justice for those who might get infected!!! Wow, talk about doing what you're told. I can hear the BAHHHHHH's from here.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
glad you asked that question.

well as with any rebellion against the state you get blunt (like a mass street protest) or creative
close the parks, then have a house party/BBQ.

then a block party.

then oh maybe order takeout from mcD and just sit in a public parking lot having a tailgate.

for crying out loud man our founding fathers faced alot more stringent controls and managed to protest, along with rebel.
why is people first comments two extremes like you did (especially with going to the woods armed).

overall so if the government says its "for our own good" we just accept it and move on?

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
BTW my Wife works at a national chain store here in a small town. She came home yesterday and told me about various seniors who come into the store almost daily to buy ONE PACKAGE of candy and proceed to complain about this whole thing. It's the end of winter, the temps are improving, people don't want to be, and are not going to be locked in their homes for an unspecified amount of time.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: scrounger

I've been under this kind of situation a few times. It gets to the point where police force is not enough and soldiers take over.

Picture those trucks used to transport soldiers parking in a corner and getting loaded with people found in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They ask you to stop and follow orders one time. Some people panic and run and get shot.

All idiots in the truck taken to one military facility but not sure which one until you're there.

What's next is worse. Better don't ask. Imagine the parents of your friend knocking your door asking if you saw him/her.

Please people, don't be stupid and survive.

The stadiums are rather conveniently

Empty.

What becomes of the “Disappeared”?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
At this point I see supporters of the lockdown as enemies of the state. Literally stripping citizens of their rights, freedom, jobs, livelihood, and life savings. Lots of people have already lost so much that if your a police officer, tread carefully because you’re already in my damn lane.

Don’t blame the various lockdowns for all that.

Those losses you name should be attributed the the worldwide economic collapse, which is being covered over by “concern” about and responsive actions against the outbreak of this novel virus.

The lockdowns are to prevent the populace from realizing that the world’s economy has broken, perhaps irreparably, and rioting in the streets as a result.

That level of chaos would be far more deadly and destructive, both in the short and long term, than almost any virus every could be.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

They become food for those who are left.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
rebellion against the state
rebel.

so if the government says its "for our own good" we just accept it and move on?

Did I say that?

I'm not much impacted by anything the US Government's doing ATM. The only government that's had a recent impact on me is the Chinese Government.

Ever been in the woods with a bunch of people who are armed to the teeth? People who aren't being compelled to act in concert with one another?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

rebellion against the state
rebel.

so if the government says its "for our own good" we just accept it and move on?

Did I say that?

I'm not much impacted by anything the US Government's doing ATM. The only government that's had a recent impact on me is the Chinese Government.

Ever been in the woods with a bunch of people who are armed to the teeth? People who aren't being compelled to act in concert with one another?

im glad your not impacted.. really am

but millions are..

loosing jobs, loosing businesses, kids not getting education you or they paid for, overall economy going into the tank, you cant go to water parks, movies, ect because someone told you you cant, ect...

again why the "armed in the woods" crack?

you know (as i presented before) can change the world without going to that extreme...

seems your comment show its either comply or armed rebellion..
in short showing the same attitude the government shows in handling the situation

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

seems your comment show its either comply or armed rebellion.

Seems that's been my experience for the past 40 years of my adult life.

If you're not willing to shoot a whole bunch of people ... you're not going to change diddly-squat. You shoot a whole bunch of people and your world goes right in the crapper.

There's a time when that's gotta be done. First question is: Is it now? Second question is: Who is sane enough to make that call?

What I'm saying here is don't try and incite action unless you ARE the leader.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Simple - they make it illegal and start arresting and fining people for it. This country loves a healthy prison system.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

seems your comment show its either comply or armed rebellion.

Seems that's been my experience for the past 40 years of my adult life.

If you're not willing to shoot a whole bunch of people ... you're not going to change diddly-squat. You shoot a whole bunch of people and your world goes right in the crapper.

so armed violence is the only answer to social change? with respect where the hell have you been living and what educational system did you go to. ever heard of MLK? thats martin luther king? he didnt use one ounce of violence or "shoot a bunch of people" and he changed the face of the US against institutional racism. the tea party didnt get change by violence but by votes... hell even trump against all opposition was elected BY THE PEOPLE with no violence (outside of opponents to it.. how that work out for them)

There's a time when that's gotta be done.

under the most extreme situations and when all else has failed.

First question is: Is it now? Second question is: Who is sane enough to make that call?

if your calling for violence to effect change in this situation you CLEARLY ARE NOT sane enough to make that call much suggest a thing

What I'm saying here is don't try and incite action unless you ARE the leader.

um if you are terming "incite" to mean any action must be violent to be sucessfull then sir I must say you twist definition in a way that would make the orwell 1984 ministry of truth newspeak proud.

but other than that your view that change is only by violence is crazy...

no other way to call it

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
why do you trumpists always have to spread the same nonsense? it's so boring and small-minded.

Why is it that people suffering from TDS cannot engage in rational thought, and constantly declare sane, rational arguments as 'nonsense'?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: oloufo
why do you trumpists always have to spread the same nonsense? it's so boring and small-minded.

Why is it that people suffering from TDS cannot engage in rational thought, and constantly declare sane, rational arguments as 'nonsense'?

find out for yourself what the difference is between this virus and a flu. then call your trusted scientist and get this confirmed. or you trust dubious sources on the internet, mostly spread by right-wing nationalists or hardcore fundamentalists who are constantly trying to set people against each other in the name of god or donald trump. ever heard of solidarity? trump does a lousy job, and especially in such a crisis the country doesn't need aimless egomaniacs but conscientious leadership.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And you choose to put everybody at risk through your choice to spread contamination ?
To answer your question... Put them in forced isolation. Take that however you want.

back the boat up there skippy

that is a damn nice piece of emotional fear mongering propaganda but sadly lacking in FACTS.

lets look at just ONE FACT comparison shall we?

this year alone the "common" flu (influenza family to be precise) effects the elderly and medically compromised .
it also has killed OVER 11 THOUSAND people this year and the season is not over yet (which means there will be more).

the current to date (as of 2:42am CST) is 582

hmmm we have had before discovery of covid19 over 11 THOUSAND DEATHS in a few months and NOT ONE WORD, shutting down schools, destroying peoples businesses and jobs, restricting (under penalty of law) peoples interactions and travels.

now to be fair when a new unknown disease is started in another country to suspend travel is prudent UNTIL the facts come in.

it is prudent (as done in regular flu season) to put warning and specific restrictions (like limit or stop visits at nursing homes/hospitals/ect).

but the HARD NUMBERS on corvid19 are not even a tenth of the common flu.

btw same stat puts total cases at 46,145. which means the HARD DATA on mortality rate is less than 1 percent..to be totally accurate .01 percent.

now yes both numbers will go up..
but given the ratio to date no where near gonna match the ratio (much less numbers) that the COMMON FLU.

so to be even more anti PC ...
if you die from the flu.. not a peep no matter how many
if you die from the corvid19.... it is everyone fault who didnt give up their jobs, educations, businesses , freedom in name of "public safety"

I hate to point out FACTS.. but here they are

scrounger

ps I hope for no ones death and do have elderly relatives...
but you cannot stop death and you cannot live in fear

Well Corkey, say what you mean and mean what you say

"what is the next step when not if people start to refuse to cooperate with covid lockdowns"

.....not some bait and switch oratory. My thoughts on this Coronavirus should be known here on ATS as I have posted a number of times.If your spreading and throw care to the wind in doing so, you should be stopped.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
You may isolate yourself if you are so concerned, meager submissive prole licking boots when not saying yes sir to the commands to be filled with dread and fear.

However, free people will choose to live their life despite the manufactured fear and economic devastation coming from the post 1973 world order as it's last vestige of survival.

I am guessing Bill Gates is the actual Cobra commander from the recent media productions of GI Joe. And ISIS was the organization like Hydra. And we are now witnessing the fire sale that those powers threatened in medi like Live Free Die Hard.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You should lock yourself in your house so everyone else can get on with their lives and go back to work and raise their families and not live in fear that some old person that’s in horrible health may die like they would with the flu anyways.

At some point people will start going around and touching everything in the supermarkets just to piss off people like you that want everyone’s rights taken away because you live in fear. I wouldn’t doubt it’s already happening as a prank like other stupid pranks like sucker punching random people in public, which have absolutely no reasoning behind it. Removing people’s freedom and rights is a whole different animal.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Martial law forced lock-down? Over a mild flu? This is insanity.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Frankly your attitude might just be your undoing and contaminate you with the virus. I would consider heeding the warnings to self isolate as prompted by the medical community before you find out too late the folly of your cavalier attitude and choices. And because you owe it those innocent of your apathy.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

You should lock yourself in your house so everyone else can get on with their lives and go back to work and raise their families and not live in fear that some old person that’s in horrible health may die like they would with the flu anyways.

At some point people will start going around and touching everything in the supermarkets just to piss off people like you that want everyone’s rights taken away because you live in fear. I wouldn’t doubt it’s already happening as a prank like other stupid pranks like sucker punching random people in public, which have absolutely no reasoning behind it. Removing people’s freedom and rights is a whole different animal.
You would not be missed........ lol, it just occurred to me our audience and posters have been overwhelmed with juveniles since school has suspended temporarily

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are no next steps. This is it. They used the term "lock down" in place of "social distancing" in the hopes of scarring more people into complying and staying home. If they fear to many people aren't listening they will ruffle some feathers by sending the police out to give them a stern warning to go home.

A real "Lock down" would make the death count worse in the long run.

www.weforum.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join