It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the next step when not if people start to refuse to cooperate with covid lockdowns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I am gonna start a thread on the very question that many (if not all ) are thinking but dont want to talk about.

what is the government (local, county, state and federal) when people finally look at the REAL NUMBERS (death and infected) of the corvid19 virus and also how they compare with the "common flu" vs the actions (for most part OVERKILL) they are taking.

when they see how their education, freedom , and economic situation is being harmed and in many cases destroyed.

when , not if they decide to say "no more" and "enough is enough"

we are already starting to see this in US with examples like the spring break on the beaches and the house parties in chicago.

At least in IL we are seeing a taste of what could be called martial law comming
Look into the decree our gov has put out telling (not suggesting) what WE THE PEOPLE will do / not do and that law enforcement will enforce it .

hell just announced on chicago radio (890 to be specific) that if you hold a house party ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY of over 10 people it will be
"broken up" and "if you dont comply you will face legal consequences (aka ARRESTED) "

we also have news stories of mayors and governors calling for more drastic actions.

I know it sounds paranoid but given what is happening in IL, CA and NYC alone I cannot dismiss further martial law measures and full blown enforcement (be by local law , guard or military) "for our own heath/good"

what do you all think

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
And you choose to put everybody at risk through your choice to spread contamination ?
To answer your question... Put them in forced isolation. Take that however you want.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Shoot them like the rabid dogs they are! /s

Stupid egocentrics! Stop thinking for yourselves, think about your grandparents, Idiots!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Already happening in Australia and we've not begun a full on shut down yet, stage 1 starts tomorrow.

Thousands ignored the governmental direction and went to Bondi beach in Sydney triggering the threat of second stage, more draconian measures.

Its obvious what will happen if people don't comply which is martial law, curfews, detainment of dissidents.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

what is the next step

Room 101.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Stupid egocentrics! Stop thinking for yourselves, think about your grandparents, Idiots!

Settle down champ.

Some people respond differently to unusual circumstances and may well be in a denial phase which is a coping mechanism

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

They will increase the spread by putting them in general population jail cells together.

It's dumb.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Consider this www.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And you choose to put everybody at risk through your choice to spread contamination ?
To answer your question... Put them in forced isolation. Take that however you want.

back the boat up there skippy

that is a damn nice piece of emotional fear mongering propaganda but sadly lacking in FACTS.

lets look at just ONE FACT comparison shall we?

this year alone the "common" flu (influenza family to be precise) effects the elderly and medically compromised .
it also has killed OVER 11 THOUSAND people this year and the season is not over yet (which means there will be more).

the current to date (as of 2:42am CST) is 582

hmmm we have had before discovery of covid19 over 11 THOUSAND DEATHS in a few months and NOT ONE WORD, shutting down schools, destroying peoples businesses and jobs, restricting (under penalty of law) peoples interactions and travels.

now to be fair when a new unknown disease is started in another country to suspend travel is prudent UNTIL the facts come in.

it is prudent (as done in regular flu season) to put warning and specific restrictions (like limit or stop visits at nursing homes/hospitals/ect).

but the HARD NUMBERS on corvid19 are not even a tenth of the common flu.

btw same stat puts total cases at 46,145. which means the HARD DATA on mortality rate is less than 1 percent..to be totally accurate .01 percent.

now yes both numbers will go up..
but given the ratio to date no where near gonna match the ratio (much less numbers) that the COMMON FLU.

so to be even more anti PC ...
if you die from the flu.. not a peep no matter how many
if you die from the corvid19.... it is everyone fault who didnt give up their jobs, educations, businesses , freedom in name of "public safety"

I hate to point out FACTS.. but here they are

scrounger

ps I hope for no ones death and do have elderly relatives...
but you cannot stop death and you cannot live in fear

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

LOCKDOWN + NO STIMULUS $$$ =
!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Consider this www.msn.com...

no comparison to go by in this article but much emotional rantings.

how many people that day died from say traffic accidents ?
bet much more than that

also how many people in that state have ALREADY DIED from the common flu in that same time frame?

or even more direct how many people in parties that size earlier in the year passed the common flu?

I bet I could find lots of things that in same time frame happened worse that what did

lastly how many that died had "medical issues" before that?

sorry but again the numbers dont justify the hype...

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

LOCKDOWN + NO STIMULUS $$$ =
!

lockdown even with the stimulus promised will delay at best two weeks the anger/resistance.

especially when the people realize they need more to survive and/or realize they dont have a job waiting for them

alot of businesses are living "paycheck to paycheck" as the workers do

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

do you feel the same way for those with the common flu?

you know that caused over 61 thousand deaths last year/season and now over 11 thousand this season?

sorry cant seem to find you calling for the actions taken for corvid19 or "shoot them like the rabid dogs they are" in years past or even beginning of this flu season

hmmmmm?

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I've been under this kind of situation a few times. It gets to the point where police force is not enough and soldiers take over.

Picture those trucks used to transport soldiers parking in a corner and getting loaded with people found in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They ask you to stop and follow orders one time. Some people panic and run and get shot.

All idiots in the truck taken to one military facility but not sure which one until you're there.

What's next is worse. Better don't ask. Imagine the parents of your friend knocking your door asking if you saw him/her.

Please people, don't be stupid and survive.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

you know that caused over 61 thousand deaths last year/season and now over 11 thousand this season?

sorry cant seem to find you calling for the actions taken for corvid19 or "shoot them like the rabid dogs they are" in years past or even beginning of this flu season

hmmmmm?

scrounger

why do you trumpists always have to spread the same nonsense? it's so boring and small-minded.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
At this point I see supporters of the lockdown as enemies of the state. Literally stripping citizens of their rights, freedom, jobs, livelihood, and life savings. Lots of people have already lost so much that if your a police officer, tread carefully because you’re already in my damn lane.

People will start forming groups to fight back against this authoritarianism. It’s only a matter of time before others get fed up and start rebelling, but from my conversations it’s already starting to boil over.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

hmmmmm?

scrounger

why do you trumpists always have to spread the same nonsense? it's so boring and small-minded.

Why you want to make this worldwide situation a Trump problem.

You have a limited and polarized mind.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, let me ask you this: What are people going to do if they're being non-compliant? Go to the mall (it's closed)? Go out to eat (nope ... closed)? Got to work (why ... everyone else is staying home but you)? Go to classes (nope ... the universities are all shuttered)?

Oh, I know, let's go to the beach for spring break!!

'Bout the only place I think you could go without too much issue, is ... the woods ... with your rifle and plenty of ammo. And don't come back either.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Settle down champ.

Some people respond differently to unusual circumstances and may well be in a denial phase which is a coping mechanism

Tell that the virus.
Maybe it can be in a "denial phase", too.
Sitting on a parkbench, enjoying the fresh air with your friends and family and those guys over there, just come over here, we are having a BBQ! Come closer, have a beer and salute to our healthiness!

See the problem? The virus does not.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

now that you got that emotional troll based rant off your chest ... do you feel better?
good
now care to DEBATE as an ADULT with precise comment on what EXACTLY i said that was wrong?
better yet with FACTS to back it up?

or (as typically happens in this discussion) emotional childish one line rants is all you got?

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join