It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus check to be issued via a New One World Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Could this be the reason why Nancy and her demmocrat buddies are blocking the stimulus package? They are trying to usher in a new one world currency!?

www.forbes.com... mpression=true

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I already carry the mark so meh bring it on

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NotCrazy

It may be a method they use to distribute these one time emergency funds, a method that specific us sources will take(grocery stores, gas stations, possibly mortgage or rent).

Since that's the intent of the funds, it would seem reasonable. Kind of like a Snap+ currency.

It won't amount to anything if there won't be others that are willing to pay out in it. I'm sure corporations and small businesses paying wages won't use it. Also it will have nothing, economically, and internationally, on the us dollar.

So, just sounds like a stupid idea. Must be from a democrat.
edit on 24-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The dollar is very strong on the world market right now. In a way it is good, but it can be a bad thing as well. Trade dries up when the goods become to expensive for other nations to purchase. The US government has always tried to keep the dollar in a middle ground, strong, but not too strong for the good of trades with other nations.

There is no indication at present of a one-world currency becoming the standard aside from the dollar.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I think this could Kill Bitcoin, especially if its unminable. overnight, you create a new digital currency and inject hundreds of billions if not trillions into it. If Bitcoin goes, so goes the rest basically. Additionally, you can pretty much kiss XRP goodbye.

Camain

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I'm not sure I agree with you on this. I think a virtual currency is the best solution. One of the problems with physical currency is that its one of the filthiest objects most people will ever handle. Its the perfect media to spread infectious disease. Crypto eliminates that problem. But, sadly, introduces a host of others.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Both Speaker Pelosi’s ‘Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act’ and the ‘Financial Protections and Assistance for America’s Consumers, States, Businesses, and Vulnerable Populations Act (H.R. 6321),’ introduced by Chairwoman Maxine Waters of Financial Services Committee, introduced these concepts today as a way of delivering the economic stimulus payments to U.S. citizens.

With these two's names attached to this is enough that it should scare anyone away from it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
the US Treasury will be assigned the duty of issuing Checks

checks are Not Digital Money, but promises to pay in Fiat Dollars

so -- there is no fairy-tale new money for the world

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

physical currency is that its one of the filthiest objects most people will ever handle.

Doesn't even rank anywhere close to one's own hair and fingernails.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If this is a two party system, we're going to need two new parties

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I'm not sure I agree with you on this. I think a virtual currency is the best solution. One of the problems with physical currency is that its one of the filthiest objects most people will ever handle. Its the perfect media to spread infectious disease. Crypto eliminates that problem. But, sadly, introduces a host of others.

Yeah, like the world bank saying your money no longer exists. Sorry buddy, you're broke!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Yeah, like the world bank saying your money no longer exists. Sorry buddy, you're broke!

Thank GOD I don't have any money. Phew, dodged a bullet on THAT issue, wipes sweat from forehead.

We have digital currency. Most people just use the card in their wallet that accesses funds in their bank account that receives deposits electronically from their employer.

I don't know anyone who handles much actual cash these days.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

edit on 3242020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
I do.... on purpose.
I personally want to keep cash in the system.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yep. Direct deposit even from social security my pension and stock annuity. If I find cash in an old coat it's like finding an antique.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The "system" is digital.
Cash is like the wagon. Or the folks who kept insisting wagons would never be replaced by the automobile.
Eventually wagons became something you pulled out once a year for a hayride. Entertaining and quaint.
That is what cash will become.
And I can use my digital bucks in any country I choose to go to.
If I could get outside my front door anyway.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: HalWesten

Thank GOD I don't have any money. Phew, dodged a bullet on THAT issue, wipes sweat from forehead.

We have digital currency. Most people just use the card in their wallet that accesses funds in their bank account that receives deposits electronically from their employer.

I don't know anyone who handles much actual cash these days.

Of course we do, and it can be gone in a click of the mouse. That's my point. Having had our card info stolen twice I tend to keep some cash on hand at all times. I don't trust any electronic transactions completely and when the card machines aren't working, cash still works.

new topics

top topics

join