It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this shelter in place doesnt end soon I am going to end up divorced...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Seriously I am at my wits end with this woman, the last 4 or 5 days she wont do anything unless I ask her to, I get the kid from almost the moment he is up, I have to rock him to sleep, I am doing the dishes, trying to finish unpacking, yard work, masters program home work, trying to keep communication up with a couple airmen so we know where and when to get back to work.

She says I am not worried because you do enough for us both, and on top of all that she has been badgering me for the last 3 days to play a fricking board game and trying to guilt me when I dont do it.

Cause my only free time has been when he is napping or asleep that's it I have been going 100 mph since we were sent home with shelter in place on the 12th.

I am on prescription acid reflux meds and I am so fricking stressed they aren't stopping it anymore, I have watched her zone in on her phone/laptop/TV while she "had the kid" and I am trying to do home work and he is trying to get food or drink, or have a book read and I end up doing it and she goes sorry.

I dont know if its anxiety, depression or what but FFS she needs to talk to someone and so do I for that matter cause I am at my wits fricking end.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Sorry but I’ve got nothing .

Hang in there .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So, I'm no doctor ruth. But heres what I got..

That board game, isn't a board game....

Even the most devout couple needs time apart, so all this forced time together isn't a sign of bad things. Soldier through it, take a breath and just make it work....and play that board game....play the hell out of it.

Humans are funny, everything is always the opposite. When you are gone you want time at home, when you are stuck at home you want time away, etc. Take it for what it is and try to live the moment.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Women am I right?

Can't live with 'em...Can't leave yo home..

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Sorry but I’ve got nothing .

Hang in there .

I've got some chloroform. Any use?
edit on 23/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'd divorce her immediately. If you don't have the balls to do that gently (without bruising) shove her face in the toilet. Bet it stops immediately.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Want the number of a divorce lawyer?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

She's scared and stressed out.

You should see how my wife has been acting.
From tears of fear, to just accepting that this is some how the end of the world.
She's incredibley stressed out about all this news And doom.

Then she takes it out on me by flipping her snip over something completely mundane.
But it's her fear of the situation and her frustration of being basically helpless during this time, that she is upset with.
I've learnt over the years that my wife does not handle stress well, whatsoever.
Sounds like yours is going through the exact same thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sounds like the two of you need to sit and have a talk. With no distractions.
She likely thinks that your enjoying yourself spending more time with the kid, and shes probably enjoying the break.
You both need to come to an agreement of a ballance of responsibilities.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You have a kid!

Think about that first. You wanted a family, so keep it.

Stop letting today screw up your whole life!

Just talk to her and explain you need help. Do NOT mention divorce or you'll hate yourself till the day you die.

Mark my words and you better realize how lucky you are to have love before you lose everything over petty bs.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Never marry and for sure never have a kid with a woman who is inept... Adversity is a godsend...mediocrity is a recipe for a divorce.. a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

That would work for about half an hour . Then she would wake up cranker with nausea , vomiting a three hour headache and the taste of chloroform in her mouth .

That does not bode well for the home team . Lol

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Luke 12:19

I'm doing just that while working my ass off around here, well in between breaks, you're fine, just follow that even if you don't believe in it. Sour apple 4 lokos helps you along.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We have been together 13 years, I know we will get through this but... man I honestly had no idea how much a woman changes post pregnancy, its like the double whammy of having a baby and having to leave active duty (son was born and we left the hospital on her last day of active duty)and now this virus have wrecked her brain to some degree.

I dont know how to assist her, when I left active duty I went through some pretty deep valleys, but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other trying to move forward knowing eventually I would get out of the valley.

That's not her, and I do not know how to address it and unfortunately some of my career has made me want to fix things that are off which is stressing me more which I am sure isn't helping her.

I just want to go hike and get away from everything but take her and the boy with me, she doesn't want to leave the house often.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

I'm doing just that while working my ass off around here, well in between breaks, you're fine, just follow that even if you don't believe in it. Sour apple 4 lokos helps you along.

Brought back 80 liters of whiskey/scotch from Europe with me, and I have been trying to control my drinking but I am hitting it harder than normal.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Brought back 80 liters of whiskey/scotch from Europe with me, and I have been trying to control my drinking but I am hitting it harder than normal.

Well, sorry brother, but that's your problem right there. Not going to pull any punches on that.

Coming from a single guy that drinks a half liter a day. Knock that # off. You have a family. Heres the blunt end of the hammer.

You are blessed. Raise your kids, cook, clean, keep you house clean, f the # out of your woman. You have no reason to "drown your sorrrow".

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

That's some shi*** advice, just carry on like normal, we'll be fine. lol

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

That's some shi*** advice, just carry on like normal, we'll be fine. lol

Do a quote and not a reply, I have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I feel for you. I read somewhere that divorce rates have skyrocketed in China.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join