It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid19....Breaking Political Echo Chambers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe it is, maybe it's just me.

Preface: I've lurked here for a decade or more, read just about every day and I'm fairly aware of the "persona"(it is the internet afterall) of most of the regular posters.

Preface 2: This isn't a "ha ha, point out a poster for example thread"

It's a general observation of this situation and what it seems to have done. Sure there are usual "party" bs with regards to this, mostly MSM based.

However, I can't be the only one that has noticed that posters you "thought" you had a pretty good bearing on extolling idea's and things that are wholly contrary to their usual line. I find it fascinating and very refreshing.

Not that people are just a cutout of their "party" but just how this thing really seemed to shock the lines we all thought others have had. That might be the only positive out of this whole thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My principles didn't change. I'm against this corrupt govt at every step, and have been.

I think what you're seeing is the result of cognitive dissonance in others, that's why they contradict their own principles so often. The political pundits do it regularly and will because they don't have solid principles at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

And that would be refreshing. Being given a problem that their answer doesn't fall into line with their preconceived thought process is how people can learn to thing differently(and hopefully more logically).

Like I said, this might be a positive. I don't care what way you lean, "bucking the trend" is a sign of thinking for yourself. Now, building on it and recognizing it is the next step, but still.

This whole ordeal isn't playing out how most news cycle items seem to play out. You have members from each "side" all over the place with regard to what's going on. Like I said, I find it fascinating.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

The reason they are all over the place is because there were no predefined beliefs and they developed them suddenly based on random stimulus.

Most people don't actually base their thoughts on principles either, so it lacks solid foundation and can seem fickle or flimsy.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

For me it was simple.

I'm always against the government curtailing human rights and I'm especially skeptical of any MSM drama they use to justify any draconian measures.

I know they are corrupt.

So of course I'm against all of this. It was such a huge blunder that I can even legitimately cite how unscientific they are by using pretty much any and all facts against their narratives.

top topics

join