It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people don’t seem to take this virus seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I was out and about in Austin today and kept noticing small groups of young adults and youths who were not observing social distancing. I assume they’re like I was at that age — immortal and invincible. But it’s more than irritating to think they could be carriers without the signs, spreading the virus wherever they go. At some point — soon I hope — there must be consequences for such irresponsible, antisocial behavior. Fines, community service, maybe jail if the virus spreads like wildfire and people keep acting stupidly.

Your a good little sheep, aren't you.

Getting angry and jealous of those refusing to sit in their pens and graze like you were told to.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I was out and about in Austin today and kept noticing small groups of young adults and youths who were not observing social distancing. I assume they’re like I was at that age — immortal and invincible. But it’s more than irritating to think they could be carriers without the signs, spreading the virus wherever they go. At some point — soon I hope — there must be consequences for such irresponsible, antisocial behavior. Fines, community service, maybe jail if the virus spreads like wildfire and people keep acting stupidly.

You were out and about?. Can i ask why?.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Idk but you might be happy a lot of them got infected when we start asking for plasma to help people.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am old, and I do not consent to this treason. Nothing-burgers of a flu/cold do not worry me. Over-reaching government mercenaries will not quench my spirit of freedom, freedom that I've never really had, but that's beside the point.
I will not stand idly by while all forms of liberty are destroyed, but sit here typing furiously. This old body hasn't got the punch it used to, but my mouth can still run with the best of 'em.
Curmudgeons Unite!!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They will take it more seriously each time someone they know personally dies.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
They will take it more seriously each time someone they know personally dies.

And guess what? Then it will be too late. The level of wanton ignorance is astounding.

People here screaming about their civil liberties being trampled by this 'lock-down'. What? You can still go to the super market, gas station, pharmacy, go outside for walks, bike rides, etc. Even the frigging liquor stores are still open. You can get take-out. What lock-down?? Bunch of whiners. Governments are **asking** people to stay at home and social-distance. What's the big deal This is serious and we are --- allegedly --- all in this together. So much for making America great again. We can't even do anything for the common good when our lives potentially at-stake.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I can't stand millennial's and their GD skinny jeans, Latte's ans safe places but

Got crap for wearing baggy pants when I was younger, get crap for wearing tight pants now.

I’m starting to think it’s not the clothes you all have a problem with.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Scapegrace

Why the F##k should they?

Do you not understand what is really going on here?

Liberty... freedom.... death.

Thank baby Jesus our younger generations are getting the Fu##ing clue!!

So that means crapping on those who fought and worked their asses off so these spoiled brats can live in freedom and prosperity?
A small reminder, CoVid in 90% of cases is a death sentence for the elderly, those who have built our societies.
Selfish picks
edit on 24-3-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

WTF is wrong with going on with one's life ?
So far the numbers , even worldwide , are nowhere near the numbers for the normal flu during the same time frame.
Did you go and crawl under your bed for the :
Swine Flu
Avian Flu
SARS
Mers
and all the other myriads of diseases that have developed , mostly in China , over the years ?
If not , why now ?
I am in that "age category" with 4 of the 5 no-no health conditions , yet I still carry on with life.
Be concerned but not in a state of panic as most are.
So all these deaths occurring daily in Italy and Spain are nothing to worry about, eh? And I for one believe the Chinese government’s claims that the virus is under control over there, because the CCP has always been trustworthy. I assume you haven’t changed any aspect of your life as a result of the virus. You don’t mind if someone sneezes or coughs nearby, you don’t thoroughly wash your hands when you get home, you touch your face, etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PPRAYMOND

. Wow we were just talking about this today. the wife and I. In WA state it is the young adults just caring on at the beach and other things. Looks like about an hour ago the Governor gave a stay at home issue

Are you saying living one's life is a crime ?
BullSh__
”Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, boy.”
edit on 24-3-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: PPRAYMOND

. Wow we were just talking about this today. the wife and I. In WA state it is the young adults just caring on at the beach and other things. Looks like about an hour ago the Governor gave a stay at home issue

Are you saying living one's life is a crime ?
BullSh__

Everyone boot-licking is willing to berate the younger folks for that, but conveniently ignores or otherwise excuses the older ones doing it. It's rather two-faced.
I haven’t noticed older folks doing it, but I’m not excusing anyone who does. However, I did see lots of young‘uns acting irresponsibly toward their fellow man/woman, hence the thread.

There’s a saying attributed to various people that goes something like ... your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.

That’s kind of my philosophy about most things: Do anything you like as long as it doesn’t harm someone else or deprive someone else of his or her rights.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

WTF is wrong with going on with one's life ?
So far the numbers , even worldwide , are nowhere near the numbers for the normal flu during the same time frame.
Did you go and crawl under your bed for the :
Swine Flu
Avian Flu
SARS
Mers
and all the other myriads of diseases that have developed , mostly in China , over the years ?
If not , why now ?
I am in that "age category" with 4 of the 5 no-no health conditions , yet I still carry on with life.
Be concerned but not in a state of panic as most are.
So all these deaths occurring daily in Italy and Spain are nothing to worry about, eh? And I for one believe the Chinese government’s claims that the virus is under control over there, because the CCP has always been trustworthy. I assume you haven’t changed any aspect of your life as a result of the virus. You don’t mind if someone sneezes or coughs nearby, you don’t thoroughly wash your hands when you get home, you touch your face, etc.

Did I not say be concerned , but not to panic ?
Panic causes a loss of logic and reason , and leads to poor decisions.
Sounds like someone is in a state of panic already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join