It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people don’t seem to take this virus seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was out and about in Austin today and kept noticing small groups of young adults and youths who were not observing social distancing. I assume they’re like I was at that age — immortal and invincible. But it’s more than irritating to think they could be carriers without the signs, spreading the virus wherever they go. At some point — soon I hope — there must be consequences for such irresponsible, antisocial behavior. Fines, community service, maybe jail if the virus spreads like wildfire and people keep acting stupidly.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Why the F##k should they?

Do you not understand what is really going on here?

Liberty... freedom.... death.

Thank baby Jesus our younger generations are getting the Fu##ing clue!!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I'm sure it has something to do with "being young and invincible" but I also think that the human race, as a whole, is getting dumber. The youth are leading the way.

Now that I think about it, that's the most dangerous thing about this virus. Pretend everyone over 50 died, the following generations would dive straight into idiocracy.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I was out and about in Austin today and kept noticing small groups of young adults and youths who were not observing social distancing. I assume they’re like I was at that age — immortal and invincible. But it’s more than irritating to think they could be carriers without the signs, spreading the virus wherever they go. At some point — soon I hope — there must be consequences for such irresponsible, antisocial behavior. Fines, community service, maybe jail if the virus spreads like wildfire and people keep acting stupidly.
. Wow we were just talking about this today. the wife and I. In WA state it is the young adults just caring on at the beach and other things. Looks like about an hour ago the Governor gave a stay at home issue

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Desensitised by TV and Games.

There is no "reset" button for life.

They have a hell of a life to come. I bet they find someone else to blame if they become ill.

Sad.

Stupid, but sad.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

And let them lick toilet seats.

I mean, no one is gonna tell me what not to lick... I has muh freeeeeedumbs..

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

On the other hand they might’ve just look at the statistics . Then they would’ve noticed that for anyone under 50 the chance of dying from CV is the same as the seasonal flu.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm not young and invincible, but I am doing the same as them.

The Covid-19 BS is way over-hyped.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

On the other hand they might’ve just look at the statistics . Then they would’ve noticed that for anyone under 50 the chance of dying from CV is the same as the seasonal flu.

I find the assumption that they have weighed all available facts, theories and ran probability models within the backdrop of freedom and all that it entails, and then came to this course of actions, amusing.

It's much more likely they are just stupid and arrogant.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Young people don’t seem to take this virus seriously

WTF is wrong with going on with one's life ?
So far the numbers , even worldwide , are nowhere near the numbers for the normal flu during the same time frame.
Did you go and crawl under your bed for the :
Swine Flu
Avian Flu
SARS
Mers
and all the other myriads of diseases that have developed , mostly in China , over the years ?
If not , why now ?
I am in that "age category" with 4 of the 5 no-no health conditions , yet I still carry on with life.
Be concerned but not in a state of panic as most are.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Grand Rapids, MI metro area here --- it's the older folks & elderly not giving two s#s here. You should see the amount of them snubbing the "special hours" stores set aside for them and doing their outings as they please later in the day. And they're NOT practicing social distancing, either.

Many older people around here find the "save the old folks" soapboxing to be condescending and offensive. One of my husband's favorite coworkers, an elderly lady, finds it all deeply offensive for those reasons. "Anything to make it seem like we can't manage in our old age, huh? HUH?"
edit on 3/23/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

originally posted by: KKLOCO

And let them lick toilet seats.

I mean, no one is gonna tell me what not to lick... I has muh freeeeeedumbs..

"For Neptune's sake , speak the King's English" - Gunny on Spongebob

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
...... but I also think that the human race, as a whole, is getting dumber.

The movie "Idiocracy" was actually a documentary me thinks.

Blame the selfish bloody parents who don't care and can't care.

I want a gun, I want a gun, I want a gun, I want a gun, I want a gun, I want a gun, I want a gun, I want a gun.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Quoted for truth!!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Stoopid does, stoopid is.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PPRAYMOND

. Wow we were just talking about this today. the wife and I. In WA state it is the young adults just caring on at the beach and other things. Looks like about an hour ago the Governor gave a stay at home issue

Are you saying living one's life is a crime ?
BullSh__

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: PPRAYMOND

Are you saying living one's life is a crime ?
BullSh__

Everyone boot-licking is willing to berate the younger folks for that, but conveniently ignores or otherwise excuses the older ones doing it. It's rather two-faced.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
statistics say they are at less of a risk (but miss the fact that underlying health issues can still do you in with this virus as a young person), add that on to the im young and invincible, with a decent helping of the press layering it on thick that this is a boomer problem and why would they.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

I'm sure it has something to do with "being young and invincible" but I also think that the human race, as a whole, is getting dumber. The youth are leading the way.

Now that I think about it, that's the most dangerous thing about this virus. Pretend everyone over 50 died, the following generations would dive straight into idiocracy.

Or it would mean that the genius ones wouldn't have their advancements in energy, medicine, and technology covered up and buried so big oil, big pharma, and big tech can keep their foot on our necks.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No you got me wrong mate. It was an observation we made. Wrong or right just noticed it. Cheers
reply to: Gothmog

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join