It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Audacity of False Hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
President Trump was asked if he was giving false hope tp Americans regarding the use of an antimalarial drug.
We have all seen the unpleasant exchange between ABC's Peter Alexander.
abcnews.go.com...

He told Alexander, “you ought to be ashamed of yourself.”

Four reporters — CNN's Kaitlan Collins, ABC's Cecilia Vega, the AP's Jill Colvin and PBS' Yamiche Alcindor— later challenged Trump or Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about the message it sent to be attacking the media during the coronavirus outbreak. CNN's John King called it a “reprehensible” response to a fair question.

Looks like President Trump may be onto something..
www.msn.com...

Lost actor Daniel Dae Kim has claimed that an antimalarial drug has left him feeling better after being diagnosed with coronavirus.

nypost.com...

A Florida man diagnosed with coronavirus claims he was saved from certain death by an anti-malaria drug touted as a possible treatment by President Trump.

“I was at the point where I was barely able to speak and breathing was very challenging,” Giardinieri said. “I really thought my end was there.”

After more than a week, doctors told him there was nothing more they could do and, on Friday evening, Giardinieri said goodbye to his wife and three children.

The anti-malaria drug is looking hopeful.

edit on 23-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Orange Man Bad.

Democrats tried Russian collusion, impeachment, controversies, etc to get rid of him.

So now they (the evil left) would actually deny potential treatments to this virus, potentially kill hundreds of thousands, just to gain power because they are evil.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

anti-malaria drug is looking hopeful

My personal experience with chloroquine goes back many years. I took it in preparation for traveling to northern Brazil back in the early 90s.

The drug has significant side effects. I experienced side effects significant enough that I stopped the preparatory treatment. I went to Brazil regardless.

I have read the documentation about the drug and how it works. If you have any of this drug and you only ever experience mild Cov symptoms, do not start pill popping chloroquine.......just sayin.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Great advice, always have a doctor prescribe and monitor you.

originally posted by: myselfaswell

anti-malaria drug is looking hopeful

My personal experience with chloroquine goes back many years. I took it in preparation for traveling to northern Brazil back in the early 90s.

The drug has significant side effects. I experienced side effects significant enough that I stopped the preparatory treatment. I went to Brazil regardless.

I have read the documentation about the drug and how it works. If you have any of this drug and you only ever experience mild Cov symptoms, do not start pill popping chloroquine.......just sayin.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The drug should and is only being used under doctor supervision.

Here is the latest update.
abcnews.go.com...

Coronavirus live updates: FDA gives anti-malaria drugs emergency approval to treat COVID-19

The OP and the point was that there is hope, to claim that the president was offering false hope was wrong, rude and uncalled for. The drug is showing great promise and is being used for thousands in Queens, NY this week, keep an eye out I am hoping for some great news.
Hoping.
a reply to: myselfaswell

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Orange Man Bad.

Democrats tried Russian collusion, impeachment, controversies, etc to get rid of him.

So now they (the evil left) would actually deny potential treatments to this virus, potentially kill hundreds of thousands, just to gain power because they are evil.

I thought you had a modicum of sanity but I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Another example of someone in the MSM accusing Trump of offering false hope.
Today the USNS Comfort arrived in NY way ahead of schedule, De Blasio was there with speech in hand, great job Mayor.
I wonder if MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow will apologize or at least admit she was dead wrong, I would guess not.
Just like ABC's Peter Alexander, they are offended by hope and aspiration.

thefederalist.com...

On Friday March 20, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow said President Trump was lying when he said the U.S. Navy hospital ships would arrive in Los Angeles and New York City in the near future. Exactly a week later, the USNS Mercy arrived in the Port of Los Angeles.
“There is no sign that the Navy hospital ships that the President made such a big deal of — the ‘Comfort’ and the ‘Mercy’ — there’s no sign that they’ll be anywhere on site helping anywhere in the country for weeks yet,” Maddow said.

edit on 30-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I'm quite satisfied about the information that I have read. I realise that these are worrying times for many and I'm not saying that the drug should not be tried. What I am saying and have said is if you "only ever experience mild Cov symptoms, do not start pill popping chloroquine".

And when one actually understands some of the side effects, there is good reason for this approach;

it has been associated with life-threatening cardiac side effects and suicidal behavior

I strongly advise that you should read this.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

well luckily there are 6 million doses of hydroxy is being delivered to hospitals in America to help fight the china virus so no one will need to self medicate.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This Sounds Promising ..........

A3EseJUyfVs

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

let's cut to the quick.... the malaria drug, more-or-less assists or augments the cells reserves of zinc which stops or radically hinders the virus from screwing up the RNA in the cells in the Virus attempted 'take-over' of those cells

each patients condition is different and may be too late for zinc to fight auto-immune attacks by virus'

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It does provide hope, and Trump was not offering false hope as Peter Alexander from ABC news suggested.
That was my point, I have read where it has saved lives already but we will know how good it works against the coronavirus soon enough.
This is a good sign...
www.forbes.com... eatment/#6c2f3bd45e5d

FDA Approves Anti-Malarial Drugs Chloroquine And Hydroxychloroquine For Emergency Coronavirus Treatment

originally posted by: St Udio

let's cut to the quick.... the malaria drug, more-or-less assists or augments the cells reserves of zinc which stops or radically hinders the virus from screwing up the RNA in the cells in the Virus attempted 'take-over' of those cells

each patients condition is different and may be too late for zinc to fight auto-immune attacks by virus'

new topics

top topics

join