It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid Vacation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I just found out today that I get a paid vacation until April 7. That's how I choose to see it anyway. Everybody is supposed to go to vacation Wednesday at midnight but the boss wants me to work until Thursday because Friday is Good Friday and we'd be off anyway (I clean a Catholic school). That way we'll still get a full week's work in. Yeah. I hope he gets pulled over on the way to work and gets told to go home. I really don't want a ticket for being out. The cops said they'll ticket anyone they found out and that they'd be patrolling. They're not messing around with this. If I get a ticket I'm giving it to my boss. He can pay it.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Also, to all the people who called me a nerd because I like board games and tabletop games, who's laughing now. HA!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Glad it's a paid vacation!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Uh, yeah.

This is a rant about a mandatory PAID VACATION.

Things That make you go WTF!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe I am reading this wrong but Good Friday is not until April 10th.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Refuse. Your boss can't make you break the law. You'd have a nice lawsuit if he retaliates in any way.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

My company is paying for a whole lot of us to "work" at home, with full pay. I work remotely anyway, but severely hampered in my share of revenue generation.

I think the owner of my company is a saint, for keeping all of us ticking.

Maybe its just perspective thats upsetting you
edit on 23-3-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So am I. I saw it coming and was sweating bullets.

a reply to: KKLOCO

Not really. It's a rant about having to drive to work the day after the mandatory paid vacation when nobody is supposed to be out and about.

a reply to: RazorV66
You'll have to bring that up with the boss. He said it.

a reply to: sine.nomine

That's a good idea.

a reply to: BlueJacket

No, what's upsetting is having to go out during quarantine and risking getting a ticket just so I can finish out the work week.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Otherwise you would have file for unemployment and wait two weeks to get a check.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What about people who drive to work that are considered essential services? Aren't you allowed to goto the grocery store? What area are you in? Sorry for being nosey. Sounds odd that they'll pull *anyone* .. wouldn't there be some people on the road?

Unless that's how they spend their shifts, asking every person where they're going or coming from. Not much else to do during a quarantine.
edit on 23-3-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Maybe you should take a moment, in your paid vacation — to read how this has affected others.

Bro, I’m not trying to berate you. I just have a bad feeling MANY others will be without work, very soon.

I do not wish this upon you. 🍻

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You'll have to bring that up with the boss. He said it.

Pm me your bosses number, ill give him a call later and dress him down on it for you.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You'll have to bring that up with the boss. He said it

He is the head of a Catholic school, he should know when Good Friday is.
If he doesn’t, then I don’t know.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Maybe you should take a moment, in your paid vacation — to read how this has affected others.

Bro, I’m not trying to berate you. I just have a bad feeling MANY others will be without work, very soon.

I do not wish this upon you. 🍻

Can they not file for unemployment? Where I use to work they shut down every year at Christmas time for two weeks everyone filed for unemployment instead of using up vacation days.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You're major concern at this point is getting a ticket???

🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
You're major concern at this point is getting a ticket???

🤦🏽‍♂️

I think it's more of a righteous anger he has to break the law and risk paying for a ticket to go to work, when he would still get the work pay by not going in the first place.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well, the head of Maintenance anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I'd like to keep my job but thanks lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I am thinking about how it affects others. Another reason I don't want to be out and about is because I have somebody living here with breathing problems.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

People that have "non-essential" jobs stay home. A friend of mine can work because she does home health care. I clean a school that's been shut down for over a week. I'd say her job's more essential. Here, essential is grocery stores. Auto parts places, I think laundromats, gas stations, food banks, pharmacies, liquor stores, and hardware stores. I'm sure I might have missed a couple. My brother lives a state over and they have a similar law. My brother works in a factory that produces needed stuff so he can go to work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join