It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: Xtrozero

She had it on hand for a koi pond, not an aquarium additive, so Trump's irresponsible rhetoric is now killing off his own supporters who have faith in what he says no matter how absurd.

Shirley you can’T B dat stupid to beleave wat U dis wrote.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's disgusting how happy the left is that this man died because they can use it to bash Trump.
edit on 24 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It's disgusting how happy the left is that this man died because they can use it to bash Trump.
aint that the truth. These saints, would prefer people died

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

She had it on hand for a koi pond, not an aquarium additive, so Trump's irresponsible rhetoric is now killing off his own supporters who have faith in what he says no matter how absurd.

Are you mad at Trump for saying this "may" help and looks "promising" so "talk to your doctor" like 10 times each as the press kept pushing on him with this topic?

I think he said please drink your Koi pond water cleaner only like 3 times... There is dumb, then there is dumb...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The wife already admitted that she and her husband were inspired to self-dose because of the President's press conferences. He was touting chloroquine like a miracle cure.

She ignored Dr. Fauci's subsequent warnings about chloroquine, blindly trusted the POTUS, and knew she had chloroquine on hand for her old koi pond.

As for "dumb", yeah, anyone who blindly trusts a politician over experts and medical professionals is pretty "dumb".
edit on 3/24/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Whew, for a half day there, I thought the Media hyped up this story........ Glad I was wrong.

It's all good.....they apologized for lying.

Well sorta apologized.

God I hate them.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

The labels on the drug say "Not for Human Consumption".

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

so its the presidents fault that after he reccomended a drug :

instead of going to thier doctor and demanding a perscription [ like any rational person would ]

the retarded bitch opened a pack of fish maintainence chemical

if thats trumps fault ???

you sir / madame are insane

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

instead of going to thier doctor and demanding a perscription [ like any rational person would ]

Didn’t you get the memo?

Orange Man - Bad!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

As for "dumb", yeah, anyone who blindly trusts a politician over experts and medical professionals is pretty "dumb".

Actually the chemicals are not the same. Names are kind of close, but not that close...

Are you saying the President is wrong and not to be trusted? They are actually using the two drugs around the world with some positive signs...The President said "may help" a number of times, so what do you call that?

AP two days ago...

Chloroquine and a similar drug, hydroxychloroquine, showed encouraging signs in small, early tests against the coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Actually the chemicals are not the same. Names are kind of close, but not that close...

Are you saying the President is wrong and not to be trusted? They are actually using the two drugs around the world with some positive signs...The President said "may help" a number of times, so what do you call that?

AP two days ago...

Chloroquine and a similar drug, hydroxychloroquine, showed encouraging signs in small, early tests against the coronavirus.
ee

I am just jumping into this thread with out context but I saw your question "Are you saying the President is wrong and not to be trusted?" Without knowing what you are discussing i'd say "Yes, and yes".

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
I am just jumping into this thread with out context but I saw your question "Are you saying the President is wrong and not to be trusted?" Without knowing what you are discussing i'd say "Yes, and yes".

Orange Man Bad?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Orange Man Bad?

Orange man lies constantly and can't be trusted. In most universes that equates to bad.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 25-3-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

hold my beer

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Riiiiiight.

I'm the "insane" one for not blindly trusting a politician to the point of self-dosing with a pond additive.

The fact of the matter is that POTUS prematurely hyped a non-approved treatment for covid19. I guess he's lucky he isn't actually selling it since AG Barr just said the DOJ is now going after anyone slinging non-FDA-approved "cures".

Hey, if medical grade chloroquine (with its host of adverse side effects) ends up being effective and approved for covid19 by the FDA, then great; the roughly 20% of infected who may need hospitalization may have an effective option, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's dumb to blindly trust any politician over the advice of your personal care physician like this poor woman and her deceased husband did when they decided to self-dose with a chloroquine variant.

It's also important to note that these two foolish self-dosers, are not the only ones out there. As is noted in the OP, the pond and aquarium tabs have skyrocketed to over $500 per bottle due to the recent surge in demand after POTUS's press conference hyping chloroquine.
edit on 3/25/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Are you saying the President is wrong and not to be trusted?

*Clutches pearls* NEVER!

Clearly any politician willing to sloppily and obviously sharpie a hurricane map (then play dumb about it) is worthy of 0% skepticism and 100% blind faith at all times!

Healthy skepticism is always called for when a politician opens their mouth, and blind faith in any politician is a poor idea.
edit on 3/25/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Self medication bad. Darwin wins again.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

*Clutches pearls* NEVER!

Clearly any politician willing to sloppily and obviously sharpie a hurricane map (then play dumb about it) is worthy of 0% skepticism and 100% blind faith at all times!

Healthy skepticism is always called for when a politician opens their mouth, and blind faith in any politician is a poor idea.

I keep hearing the same left narratives here...But I agree, "healthy skepticism" would be a good way to describe this event that is unfolding in real time with changes by the hour...

Since neither of us plan on drinking Koi pond cleaner no matter what anyone says, what would you say about the Presidents statement that it "may" help and is now being used all over the world which seems there are good results coming in.

The sad part is the pond cleaner is a different chemical, so they might have thought gargling with gas would work just as well too. The interesting part here is the liberal news stations didn't say what they took was anything other then the actual medicine, so the political narrative here was people started to take the medication Trump said may work and they are now dying from it, which now we know is so wrong we can say the new agencies actually lied to push a political narrative.

edit on 25-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Orange man lies constantly and can't be trusted. In most universes that equates to bad.

In most universes ALL politicians have lied... And it does not make them special as in other humans don't lie as they do ALL THE TIME too...lol

Once again it is all just political narratives to push an agenda. If Trump says something it's a LIE!!!!! If the same damn statement is said from the left then it is a misunderstanding, misquote, slightly true, or outright ignored.

This is the whole fundamental foundation with the labeling of TDS, or Orange Man Bad.

edit on 25-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join