It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I was waiting for something like this to happen, but it's no less tragic...

A man died after ingesting an additive used to clean fish tanks — the pharmaceutical drug version of which has been touted by President Trump as a potential coronavirus cure.
His wife, also in her 60s, is in critical condition after taking the additive, which is used in aquariums to kill some organisms, like algae, that may harm fish...

The article goes on to say that eBay prices for the drug "skyrocketed" after the pharmaceutical version(Not the Aquarium version) was effective in killing the virus. It should go without saying, but doctors are warning people not to take anything that hasn't been prescribed by a physician.

“The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health”

Yeah I know, what the couple did wasn't a very smart move, but it's a little too late to chastise them now.
Article link
Stay safe out there ATS.
edit on 3/23/2020 by Klassified because: corrections and more corrections

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Can’t fix stupid.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Didnt we hear of like 40 people in Iran who died of alcohol poisoning due to the rumor that alcohol kills the virus? Weil I have to say, after several days of drinking that so far it works. lol I do think it has been the chicken soup or maybe that I havent seen anyone for several days. i dont know, but I am having a good time.
edit on 23-3-2020 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)
and im a little drunk and I plan on staying that way for several more days.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Didnt we hear of like 40 people in Iran who died of alcohol poisoning due to the rumor that alcohol kills the virus?

I have not heard of that, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's true.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Its not 100% chloroquine, nor is it dosed for human consumption in this case.

However, Chloroquine, quinine, cinchona bark, all forms are potentially harmful. The devil is in the dose.

Cinchona has more alkyloids and more opportunity for over, or misdosing, one of its potential over dose effects being blindness.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

quinine is made from willow bark, Willow grows all over the Us, so it might be time to explore the old ways. Ive had really good results with Mullien. I smoke it and it totally opens up my airways. Anyway if modern meds arent available it might be good go brush up on the herbs and spices in your cabinet that can help fight this virus. cinnamon. bay leaf, oregano, basil, rosemary soooo many.

i have been simmering these herbs on the stove so everyone is breathing in the antiviral.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
IMHO this virus is an engineered bio weapon that got out early!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

darwin award nomination

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxrockerfella

Unlikely as a bioweapon it highy ineffective bioweapons to kill nearly everyone who gets it or its not useful. This virus seems to be less than 1 percent as far as actually causing deaths. meaning it has no use as a bioweapon.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

quinine is made from willow bark, Willow grows all over the Us, so it might be time to explore the old ways. Ive had really good results with Mullien. I smoke it and it totally opens up my airways. Anyway if modern meds arent available it might be good go brush up on the herbs and spices in your cabinet that can help fight this virus. cinnamon. bay leaf, oregano, basil, rosemary soooo many.

i have been simmering these herbs on the stove so everyone is breathing in the antiviral.

No, quinine is from Cinchona www.webmd.com...

Willows and meadowsweet are quite high in salycilates, hence its use early on as a pain reliever/ aspirin.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

and there you go.. willow = aspirin thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

quinine is made from willow bark, Willow grows all over the Us, so it might be time to explore the old ways. Ive had really good results with Mullien. I smoke it and it totally opens up my airways. Anyway if modern meds arent available it might be good go brush up on the herbs and spices in your cabinet that can help fight this virus. cinnamon. bay leaf, oregano, basil, rosemary soooo many. i have been simmering these herbs on the stove so everyone is breathing in the antiviral.

Willow is salix -- hence salicylic acid or aspirin. Quinine comes from Cinchona calisaya.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: maxrockerfella

Unlikely as a bioweapon it highy ineffective bioweapons to kill nearly everyone who gets it or its not useful. This virus seems to be less than 1 percent as far as actually causing deaths. meaning it has no use as a bioweapon.

Maybe, maybe not, a weapon that does not cause death, but wounds and then takes up resources to deal with wounded, certainly can be effective.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Even if it did work like a pharmaceutical, it might not be pure, and how would you know how to dose it.

If I had the Coronavirus and was hard of breathing and not feeling good at all, I would go to the doctor. If I just have symptoms of the cold or like a mild case of a virus, I never go to a doctor. I used to get bronchitis bad, one of the side effects of the beta blockers I used to take, I would wait till it was really bad before going to the doctor, If I felt I could not kick it on my own then I went. I have not had bronchitis except for when I was on that med, I found out recently from someone here that that is a side effect for some people, bacterial or fungal lung infections are more apt to get you on that drug. The side effects were on the pharmaceutical site.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

and there you go.. willow = aspirin thank you.
no worries, theres alot of plants out there and its mighty easy to confuse one for another in casual yappin.

I liked your pot of simmering herbs btw. Wife has been making quinine kefir water last couple weeks.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Didnt we hear of like 40 people in Iran who died of alcohol poisoning due to the rumor that alcohol kills the virus?

It works, just not the cheap stuff....

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Ive got 6 cases of Modelo, several bottles of wine, and a liter of Hennesy out in the garage, but my company demands that I work 12 hour shifts. This is no fun for me. It isn't fair. Ill be the one to get sick, instead of drunk

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

yes - alchahol - and other chemicals - kill viral pathogens [ and bacteria etc etc ] - but at the concentration needed - they also kill you

alchahol toxisicy is a real thing - and you cannot drink enough to cure yourself of an infection

you can pour it on an open wound // ulcer // lesion - but internal - no

think about this

concentrated suplhicric acid [ battery electrolyte ] kills pathogens - are you going to drink that ????????????

get a grip

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Follow what Trump, Fauci and the right to try bill says, have it administered by a doctor.
Foolish to play doctor on yourself with a life and death illness.

originally posted by: Klassified
I was waiting for something like this to happen, but it's no less tragic...

A man died after ingesting an additive used to clean fish tanks — the pharmaceutical drug version of which has been touted by President Trump as a potential coronavirus cure.
His wife, also in her 60s, is in critical condition after taking the additive, which is used in aquariums to kill some organisms, like algae, that may harm fish...

The article goes on to say that eBay prices for the drug "skyrocketed" after the pharmaceutical version(Not the Aquarium version) was effective in killing the virus. It should go without saying, but doctors are warning people not to take anything that hasn't been prescribed by a physician.

“The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health”

Yeah I know, what the couple did wasn't a very smart move, but it's a little too late to chastise them now.
Article link
Stay safe out there ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join