It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK on Lockdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

dam roger daltrey to hell - keith richards = already there - just not dead yet

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

LOL, of course I was talking of the world health organisation.

But I liked your take also

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I bet Philip is dead and he is the virus, as he wished.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I said to my family and friends in January when I saw the videos of people keeling over dead on the streets of Wuhan,and people getting welded into their homes that we should have stopped all flights from entering the UK and locked down to prevent the virus here.
Lots of people thought the same,just average joes like me could see this coming a mile off..sure it would hammer the economy to go full lockdown early,but that was going to happen anyway-and has now happened.
So now the UK is facing a mega virus emergency/screwed economy and lockdown like Italy,Spain and others .

So thanks governmnet,for allowing this to happen just so you could get an extra few weeks of slave labour out of us for your precious economy you massive good for nothing evil retards.
You have shown us how utterly disposable and worthless you think we all are.
Well I for one feel the same about you.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Whilst we are confined to our homes, it does not seem like travel (flights) from Italy and China are banned.
If someone has any information on that please post.

From The Times 2 days ago:

Thousands of passengers from coronavirus hotspots such as Iran, Italy and even China are flying into Britain, despite the government’s domestic lockdown.

Flights have been arriving in London from Beijing and Rome every day, while Iran Air is operating three flights a week from Tehran.

The revelation follows a decision by the EU last week to ban virtually all travellers from outside the bloc for 30 days.

edit on 24/3/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, the day off was nice, my firm has decided that motor insurance is a key business though, so I'm back in tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blobby

Try reading the guidance?

If you can post on ATS, then you can obviously read, so why haven't you?

Or are you being intentionally thick?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ooh, no I'm not!
The boss decided I'm not front line, so I stay home

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here’s a useful app for helping track the spread and identify hotspots:

COVID 19 Symptoms Tracker

Download the app, check in daily, if you have symptoms or not, and help the research

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What is the point in a lockdown at all if the borders are still open as usual? It's #ing nuts that this isn't getting talked about.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2020 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a post in another thread by ATS member " missbeck " .

reporting an anecdotal text message thretening sanctions if a person makes multiple trips out

slightly steals the thunder of this post :

but - in the slew of advisorys and info i have to read nd heed , this :

[ paraphrased to obscure origin and my id ]

if you are called upon [ the scope and geograpical area that we might be required to assust - has escalated dramatically ] , you should copy " certain information " - because when you are stopped by the police [ this is verbaitim - not if but when ]
then this information will permit you to proceed

its not a " get out of jail card " - as it only applies to the accusation that we may be making an unauthorised // unescecary jorney - we still need a road worthy vehicle - all documentation correct - and be driving sober and in a safe manner

but for " certain purouses " - i am not classed as " CAT 1 " response

i was out on MBT today - evercising my privelidge to " keep fit and exercise " - by myself

and i noted very little drop in traffic on trunk roads - yes thousands of people have key jobs - and are exempt from a lot of travel restriction - but the majority of general pubic - SHOULD b limited in trips and scope of travel

i can manage on bike - for everything i personally need - and only need car if tasked

but everyone else - if you decide to carry on regardless - dont be surpised when the police stop you

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ignorant_ape:

...if you decide to carry on regardless - don't be surprised when the police stop you.

The company I work for has told its workforce that they are classed as doing 'essential and critical' work in respect to national security, so we all have to continue to work. I was in work today but finished earlier, and on two occasions on the way home I saw two instances of community officers speaking to single persons. It looked like they were establishing validity?

I am fortunate that I was able to get electric on my prepayment meter and to buy food, but the bus system is pretty dire, causing me to lose work hours, but as it happens, I am self-isolating for 7 days as my lift to work has been off all week and I feel I am coming down with something, but not Covid19, symptoms are different, runny nose, bit of a temperature, and an abscess across my top gum, so I'm isolating to be on the safe side for my colleagues.
edit on 25/3/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I wonder how many stress related illnesses are on the rise due to the worry off the pandemic.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87
a reply to: UKTruth

What is the point in a lockdown at all if the borders are still open as usual? It's #ing nuts that this isn't getting talked about.

I know - still open too.
Flights still landing from China Iran, Italy... and the US I think (the new hotbed for the virus) even though they have banned us from going there.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Ooh, no I'm not!
The boss decided I'm not front line, so I stay home

After a day or two you'd wish you wee at work.

I actually stayed home from a week before the lockdown as someone in the office had symptoms.
Now after a week and a half I am crawling up the walls.

CX

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This was posted today.....my daughter is a Combat Medic and is waiting to be deployed to help the NHS, her boss has just gone to help set up this huge hospital in the Excel Centre in London, so she and her mates could well be following on to help run it.

This will wake a few people up.

CX.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's a watered down lockdown. The company I worked for are in production. Nothing essential in the slightest but they are open. Retailers that are online are also open. No one is taking into account the warehouse staff. Orders are being picked and packed and sent out. Construction is still on. There are plenty of people coming forward on Twitter and Facebook stating that their company is still operating as normal.

The government have now started saying you can go to work if your work cannot be done from home as long as the 2 metre social distancing is adhered to but in a lot of places it's not. Factories are plodding on behind closed doors, a lot of them are filthy places at the best of times.
edit on 25/3/2020 by TickettyBoo because: Tweaked it

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join