It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: 2005 Thunderbird to Be the Last for Ford

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ford Motor Company will put the legendary Thunderbird nameplate back into the company's vault after this model year. Production of the current generation vehicle will end in July at the company's Wixom Assembly Plant in Wixom, Mich. Since the launch of the roadster as a 2002 model, more than 55,000 Thunderbirds have been sold.

news.yahoo.com
We had fun, fun, fun 'til Ford took the T-bird away. Again. Ford Motor Co. said Thursday the 2005 model year will be the last for the current-generation Ford Thunderbird, a retro-styled convertible that went on sale in August 2001.

Ford had planned to discontinue the Thunderbird after the 2005 or 2006 model year but told employees Thursday production will end in July.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can remember when the very first T-Bird went on sale in late 1954. It was one of the most popular cars then and I assume for some it still is now. It is sad to hear this news.

I always wanted one, however I had to settle for a 1964 and a half Mustang, which turned out to be Fords most popular car ever, so I do not feel all that bad. I just hate to see car manufactures discontinue the good models.

All one has to do is look at the cars that are on the roads most look the same, in fact at times it is hard to tell one make from another. Unfortunately collector cars seem to be a thing of the past.

[edit on 3/11/2005 by shots]

new topics

join