It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Bill is "Tremendous Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I dont know if this will kill the DNC or not at this point I am seeing a disturbing amount of social media outrage over the republicans and their "slush funds" and if I try to point out the stupidity that has nothing to do with the virus or virus relief for the nation in the democrat offer I get shouted at for being a right wing stooge.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Effing press ...

The left has always been good at being loud though.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I suspect medical differences aside, COVID-19 is the HIV/Aids of our time. Management/public education is (probably) the way of the future. Despite the vast population and economic scopes of Aust, NZ, and the U.S., lockdowns are not economically viable much beyond three months (admittedly, my estimate).

Back to the focus of the topic: I find nothing in the proposed economic Titanic package aimed at the longer-term outlook. Around January 2021, I expect countries to "climb out" of levels of lockdowns and return to a degree of normality. Changing social norms are often influenced by taxpayer-funded campaigns.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The name of the video is:
'A long planned excuse to transform the economic system' .... posted just 5 hours ago.
www.davidicke.com...
edit on 24-3-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I will say this - If the Democrats get even half of the new regulatory measures they want in this bill to "stimulate" the economy? It will *never* recover post virus because it simply won't be able to.

That's likely exactly why they want it. Then they can say we need to pass universal basic income and the like and get the entire country reliant on their handouts.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Their vision s s scary
edit on 25-3-2020 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
When I saw 30 million to the JFK Center for the Arts there is no National emergency> just politics as usual

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders is threatening to delay the bill's passage, unless he gets what he wants.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

How can ONE Senator get the way, when there are more than 60 (the required minimum) willing to vote "YES"?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Bernie Sanders is threatening to delay the bill's passage, unless he gets what he wants.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

How can ONE Senator get the way, when there are more than 60 (the required minimum) willing to vote "YES"?

He shouldn't be able to. Hopefully he's just grandstanding and they pass it over his head.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join