It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Skepticism About Coronavirus Lockdowns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If people are forced to go to work and face their death you don’t think that will have a negative economic impact? Choosing money over human lives is seriously short-sighted if you are interested in our nation’s best interests. Sending people back to work may be the simplest solution to grasp, but it is hardly the best, even for the economy.

I’m sure that allowing hospitals to be overloaded and many more deaths will also have a negative economic impact, as will not dealing with the viral outbreak in a competent manner.
edit on 27pmFri, 27 Mar 2020 16:47:23 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
If people are forced to go to work and face their death you don’t think that will have a negative economic impact? Choosing money over human lives is seriously short-sighted if you are interested in our nation’s best interests. Sending people back to work may be the simplest solution to grasp, but it is hardly the best, even for the economy.

I’m sure that allowing hospitals to be overloaded and many more deaths will also have a negative economic impact, as will not dealing with the viral outbreak in a competent manner.

Around here, you won't have to force a single person, because they'd bumrush the doors to their employers to go back voluntarily. My neighbors are beyond bored already, and very sick of the stay-at-home s#.
edit on 3/27/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Around here, you won't have to force a single person, because they'd bumrush the doors to their employers to go back voluntarily. My neighbors are beyond bored already, and very sick of the stay-at-home s#.

Let me guess, you are NOT in New York.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

No, and I don't give a flying # about New York. Not my town, or even state.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Lockdowns are good if you work with the public and drive a lot like I do. Chicago traffic right now at 5 p.m. is non-existent, and the gasoline price is down to $1 89. Heaven from my perspective.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Who is being forced to go to work and face their death ??

Hyperbole !! 😃

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Nyiah

Lockdowns are good if you work with the public and drive a lot like I do. Chicago traffic right now at 5 p.m. is non-existent, and the gasoline price is down to $1 89. Heaven from my perspective.

$1.50s to $1.70s around the Grand Rapids metro, gas s dirt cheap around here. Many of my neighbors are filling up and just driving around all day for something to do outside the house, if they're not going to parks. We considered it today, but felt we probably should mind the cash flow, no matter how cheap the gas, until Gubmint doles out the moolah first in a few weeks.

Then papa gubmint can pay for the all-day drive.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I am, and I agree with him.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No, and I don't give a flying # about New York. Not my town, or even state.

New York is a model for what your town will look like and how it will respond. Also, how you treat others will determine whether or not they help you in the future. We are all connected - you can’t escape social karma! If you leave people to die, don’t expect them to care about you much after!
edit on 27pmFri, 27 Mar 2020 21:07:36 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Some people are still working, first responders, doctors and nurses.
Grocery store clerks, hardware stores, medical offices, and on
and on. These people are truly putting their lives on the line.

Again, at the risk of repeating my self there is a difference
between "social distancing" and lockdowns.

People may want to refresh themselves in the differences.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nurses, RCPs, and Doctors by and large have a very similar mindset as did the the first responders had that went into WTC 1 and 2 on 911.

No one puts a gun to our backs and shoves us in. It’s a calling and we go because it’s who we are and it’s what we do.

I’ve done this for a long time and every time I lose a child on my watch I lose a small part of myself. But when some proud parent years later at a restaurant comes up to you with child you do not recognize and thanks you you for deeds you cannot recall you get that little part of you back ten fold.

We go until And will keep going until we cannot

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Experts that deserve to be heard, too:

12 Experts Questioning the Coronavirus Panic

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am giving consideration to a QUARANTINE of developing “hot spots”, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. A decision will be made, one way or another, shortly.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As of the time of this post, there are at least 43 states
in a Governor ordered lock down.

As of the time of this post the U.S. death toll from Covid 19 has
just climbed over 4000.

Something does not add up.

edit on 2-4-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join