It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Skepticism About Coronavirus Lockdowns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
There's WAY too many people that have no idea what their talking about offering advice. Starting with Trump. All trained epidemiologists all over the world understand this and offer the same guidance. Testing, isolation, and quarantine. The very LAST person to listen to is Trump. He has no idea what he's doing as far as COVID goes. Listen to people who study these things.

Yeah, let's listen to the same people who are 100% responsible for the current epidemics of obesity, heart disease, cancer and other dis-eases in the USA and around the world, through their extremely bad advice due to their flawed understanding of the biological system that is the human body. They don't even understand how the immune system works, instead working off of an antiquated model that is at least 50 if not a hundred years old.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
how communicable is this compared to previous viruses / diseases?

Not sure specifically, but my understanding is that novel viruses are always far more communicable due to their nature of being novel (never seen by our immune systems before).

Once our immune systems update, it is no longer novel, and falls back to similar rates as other things 'like the flu'.

how fatal?

Same as above...

don't we get flu/virus every year?

Only if you're not properly supporting your health/immune system...

I think we're overreacting.

I'm not, but yeah, many here and all over the world are - mostly because they are too lazy and/or unwilling to take charge of their health and do the work needed to maintain it. They don't want to give up their Big Macs, french fries and cokes.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah, we're under a similar "stay at home" thing in our state. But I'm still going to work. Roads are still full of people. Stores are still full of people. Really the only changes are schools are closed and restaurants are take-out only.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I couldn't agree more !

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
We should be taking some precautions, but this shut down is pure insanity. This is nothing but mass hysteria.

My state, IL will probably have more suicides of business owners having their livelihood ruined than by Covid deaths...

Anyone can get infected from someone with Covid-19 up to six feet away or so. The shutdown is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL.

Get yourself informed on the medical facts, instead of exposing your ignorance.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yeah, we're under a similar "stay at home" thing in our state. But I'm still going to work. Roads are still full of people. Stores are still full of people. Really the only changes are schools are closed and restaurants are take-out only.

Glad you can still go to work!

Yeah I am seeing lots of folks in this area on the road,
rural here but in some areas have been told that
officers are making stops and asking why are you
on the road. At least there are no reports of arrests!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Morons morons morons.

I saw something really NUTs today.

A father, mother and 5 kids under the age of 10 at Walmart.

Both parents were wearing medical type face mask.

The rug rats were not wearing mask and running all over the place in the store.

This is a good way to spread Covid 19 across the store.

Plus the parents wearing mask does nothing if the kids get the virus they will get the virus even wearing mask.

DON'T TAKE YOUR RUG RATS SHOPPING WITH YOU.

I almost called the cops for child endangerment on the parents part for taking there kids with them shopping.

I figured the cops could use a good laugh while they ripped the parents a new one and took the parents masks.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Joe Biden has the nerve to complain when he and Obama left the national stockpiles empty?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Its bad enough to cripple our healthcare system and overload our hospitals.

I really can't believe that you are still trivializing this pandemic like its nothing.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Yeah, but this isn't arbitrary.

Arbitrary: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

You have to fight this on its merits...Congress.

SCOTUS would back this up

It is excessive though. When government has justification to infringe on our Constitutional rights, it must do so narrowly.

Governors shutting down entire states is broad.

Local government has the authority to ensure public safety and they should be using the authority given to them to order shutdowns of their cities/towns/counties/localities.

The governors are overreaching...but then they have been taking all their cues from the federal government from the start. Same with local governments.

Spread the power out to the local governments, on lock downs, as a matter of checks and balances.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I really can't believe that you are still trivializing this pandemic like its nothing.

What hospital overload ?

What healthcare system crippling ?

🥶 😷 🥶

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mask up and Ill take you on a tour. FYI while us transport prima donas still have the recommended gear some units are down to 2nd and third tier gear.

Or better yet, maybe you can volunteer to help out ??????
edit on 3/24/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Truly hope that some of the stockpiles that are being
sent by some large corporations and those that were
supposedly found in national stockpiles will be sent
your way, and you will have protection.

Prayers sent!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Truly hope that some of the stockpiles that are being
sent by some large corporations and those that were
supposedly found in national stockpiles will be sent
your way, and you will have protection.

Prayers sent!

Thanks!!!!! Public support means alot!!!!!

I hope so. The tech companies are donating as did Harbor Freight

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What hospital overload ?

What healthcare system crippling ?

🥶 😷 🥶

Doctors and nurses are re-using what few masks they have. There are shortages on basic supplies like alcohol wipes and gloves. You think this is the healthcare system running fine and dandy?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I hope everyone reading offers their support as well!

It looks like even Apple has donated 9 million masks,
while 3M has ramped up production here in the U.S.
Hopefully this will help!

www.marketwatch.com...

nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
No. No, let's be clear on this. Sunday night Trump parroted what was said on FOX News (as usual) once again contradicting his own policies:

1. It's nothing.
2. It's just gonna go away
3. Won't be as serious here as other countries
4. It's a serious problem
5. Can't let rich people lose their dividends. Send the hourly workers back to work.

There's WAY too many people that have no idea what their talking about offering advice. Starting with Trump. All trained epidemiologists all over the world understand this and offer the same guidance. Testing, isolation, and quarantine. The very LAST person to listen to is Trump. He has no idea what he's doing as far as COVID goes. Listen to people who study these things.

Pence is leading the coronavirus effort, not Trump. Also, Trump is aware of much more than just a virus that despite everyone's dire warnings just doesn't seem THAT bad.

In don't think he wants to be the president who ushers in a new era of authoritarianism and prolonged economic turmoil. He sees both on the horizon, and they ARE on the horizon if we don't reverse course immediately.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: burntheships

It has been said before.............the cure may well be worst than the disease. I have always thought the debt bubble was going to pop. I looked up the debt of the world a while back and it was nuts. Maybe this is how TPTB are resetting debt but getting the sheeple more inline. A two fur. Who knows. I think my tinfoil hat may be a little tight.

Crazy as the world is right now that tinfoil hat SHOULD be tight.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Yes, it is unconstitutional in normal times, but these can be said not to be normal times, so for the event that is happening, the lockdowns are quite apt, nor matter how you want to rationalize it, or whatever good idea you think would work, this is the way it is going.

The constitution still applies during extraordinary times. Maybe an English man doesn't understand that.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Scary times
edit on 26-3-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join