It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Skepticism About Coronavirus Lockdowns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Bicent

Here is a link to an example of what I was referring to
about the e coli water in Italy.

www.thelocal.it...

Not sure if any study has been done. I had this in mind due to the
reports that the virus can be transmitted via this kind of contamination.

Has that been determined as the primary reason why Covid-19's death rate is so high in Italy?

The U.K. death rate is now up to a staggering 5.3%, amongst those who contract the virus. Of those who end up in a U.K. hospital 71% never come home again.

This is so sad!: www.worldometers.info...

edit on 3/23/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I know. I know what your saying you got a good point.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Has that been determined as the primary reason why Covid-19's death rate is so high in Italy?

The U.K. death rate is now up to a staggering 5.3%.

No, it is my speculation. This is based upon reports from
here: www.medpagetoday.com...

and here: www.medscape.com...
also reports that came out early in Hong Kong if I remember
correctly.

UK is socialized medicine. Not trying to be provocative,
but if you have ever been there and were ill you
would understand what I am saying.

edit on 23-3-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The politics of it....the smaller states are following the lead of the larger states because SHUTDOWNS EQUAL FEDERAL BUCKS.

Hate to shout but didn’t want a misunderstanding there. Remember the states that expanded Medicaid got federal bucks for Obamacare. They expect the playbook to be the exact same. So each state steals your freedom to pay less bucks when the economy implodes.

That’s it. It has zero to do with your health, that nice old lady that bakes cookies or any of it. Costs less to shut it down than to run it. Simple as that.

And it isn’t a lockdown at all. Heck I have been to weekend camping trips that were more lockdown than this. No state troopers on the interstates enforcing unnecessary travel bans are there? Medical marijuana dispensaries are open and classified as essential business, right? I bet you could go to a pay and spray to wash your car and no one would bat an eye, would they?

Planes still flying into and out of airports all over the country? Could you load up a boat and go on your own day cruise? How about a bike ride for the exercise? Take in a movie at a drive in theater if one is around? What the heck kinda pandemic has people walking all over the place like they are characters in Lord of the Rings?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

The politics of it....the smaller states are following the lead of the larger states because SHUTDOWNS EQUAL FEDERAL BUCKS.

Hate to shout but didn’t want a misunderstanding there. Remember the states that expanded Medicaid got federal bucks for Obamacare. They expect the playbook to be the exact same. So each state steals your freedom to pay less bucks when the economy implodes.

Oh that is ok, shout it! Please!
California and New York, maybe others have now been declared
"disaster" areas. Money will flow...

That’s it. It has zero to do with your health, that nice old lady that bakes cookies or any of it. Costs less to shut it down than to run it. Simple as that.

And it isn’t a lockdown at all. Heck I have been to weekend camping trips that were more lockdown than this. No state troopers on the interstates enforcing unnecessary travel bans are there? Medical marijuana dispensaries are open and classified as essential business, right? I bet you could go to a pay and spray to wash your car and no one would bat an eye, would they?

Planes still flying into and out of airports all over the country? Could you load up a boat and go on your own day cruise? How about a bike ride for the exercise? Take in a movie at a drive in theater if one is around? What the heck kinda pandemic has people walking all over the place like they are characters in Lord of the Rings?

Right. Play away. But no work for most.

You can play but your employer has said do not come to work,
and file for whatever. This is the scenario happening all across
these shuttered states. If you are self employed, etc.

All but non essential business ordered to shut.

Sure, lots of "programs" and "nets" will claim that
they are there to help but in the long run we all
know that is smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Even with socialized medicine, wouldn't you expect the in-hospital Covid-19 death rate to be way under 71%? My God, 7 of every 10 people are not coming home from the hospital. They're going straight to the morgue. If I were in the U.K. I'd be hunkered down tight.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Bicent

I suppose, if you come to the realization you can’t stop it, why try to stop it. I figured the pandemonium had more to do with the toilet paper hoarding and hoarding I think all hands on deck now towards the economy. This pandemic, is not over, it just sounds like we have come to the conclusion we can’t mitigate it. For example my state up until today was still accepting flights from hotspots in the country. Interesting to see if this leads to Italy numbers 🤷‍♂️.

You think it's panic now.. Wait until grandmother, or your 23 year old niece come down with this and die at home.. People are going to lose it.. They wont take it seriously until it is too late.

I think one of the worst places for this is the U.S, too many loonies and too many guns.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Even with socialized medicine, wouldn't you expect the in-hospital Covid-19 death rate to be way under 71%? My God, 7 of every 10 people are not coming home from the hospital. They're going straight to the morgue. If I were in the U.K. I'd be hunkered down tight.

It depends, how are the tests administered?

If you only test the severely ill and dying, very
easy to get that number, no?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

70% mortality rate....where are you at one of those rehab/managed care retirement homes where they take all but $20-30 of your monthly check to “cover expenses?”

I mean those are the places with the real death toll and infection rate racking up now.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

It depends, how are the tests administered?

If you only test the severely ill and dying, very
easy to get that number, no?

You're right. It's just that the 71% death rate of hospitalizaed Covid-19 patients looks so....BAD. I guess the U.K. health system is to blame. Unless you're VERY sick, the socialized medicine system sends you home, and wishes you luck.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
You think it's panic now.. Wait until grandmother, or your 23 year old niece come down with this and die at home.. People are going to lose it.. They wont take it seriously until it is too late.

It's like some people are hoping things like this happen just so they can be right. Let's hope his grandmother or 23 year old niece or anyone for that matter doesn't catch Covid-19.

edit on 23-3-2020 by OG1KenObi because: No reason

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Understood. But Even Italy's mortality rate is lower than the U.K.'s 71%.

In Italy "only" 45% of those who go to the hospital, die there.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am out of this argument the MAJORITY wins, where that takes us is theirs to own.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I been in the house for a week. I'm not dead yet but I might as well be.
I go back to work Monday driven truck. There won't be any more risk
of death than there ever was. So the virus might kill a lot of people.
Better than fear of the virus killing the whole damn country.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Take care, and thanks for your insights.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VividestSum93
a reply to: carewemust

How hell is she gonna use 8 gallons before
It spoils? I hope she was just running an
Errand for multiple people.

You can actually freeze milk, if you pour some out of the gallon container to make room for expansion so it doesn't explode. I learned this from an elderly lady years ago!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Florida governor is a shining example of common sense and refuses to issue shelter in place stay at home orders
It's definitely less crowded on the road, but so far we have a true statesman protecting citizens rights. My mayor on the other hand was trying to shut down the city. The rest of the emergency council disagreed.

Bill of Rights mostly preserved. It's time this country looked to Florida leadership for common sense solution. Did I say common sense, DeSantis also eliminated common core from the curriculum thank goodness. Those lessons were a mess.

I have been pleasently surprised by him so far to be honest. Much better than the other dipsh1ts we have had.

He appears to not let himself get constraint by party lines
edit on 48331America/ChicagoMon, 23 Mar 2020 23:48:25 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Oh Oh !!

It's Blue Hawaii !!
🥶 👁️ 👃 👁️ 🥶

Gover nor orders statewide ‘stay-at-home’ order with potential criminal penalties

Violation of the order is considered a misdemeanor under the law and anyone convicted of violating the order can be sentenced to a year in jail or fined up to $5,000, or both.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perfect. This is totally what law enforcement should be preoccupied with. Can you imagine if this were an asteroid ELE?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
How do you know the science is unmistakable?

Were you directly involved in the scientific study? or are you just parroting those with an agenda who funded this "Scientific Study?"

We need to take our medicine...........? OMG Really?

Roll up your sleeve and take your shot, no jabs for me thank you.

Seriously? You people will believe every single word that comes out of Trump's mouth --- no matter how ridiculous or how many others disagree --- without even questioning it. Yet many highly-trained experts will offer a consensus that differs from Trump's and you'll question THOSE people. Unbelievable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join