It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Skepticism About Coronavirus Lockdowns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How hell is she gonna use 8 gallons before
It spoils? I hope she was just running an
Errand for multiple people.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

This may have some value for the "leaders" in evaluating how
to justify martial law, sadly.

I'm not close to a beach, but if I were I might take
a walk in the sand while it is mostly legal.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Think of all the money wasted by thousands of PhD Epidemiologists on what has clearly been a waste of an education. When we have someone like Trump and his minions telling them what the REAL truth is. Astounding levels of ignorance.

it's OK sunshine, we all know there is NOTHING Trump could do to make you approve. What with your terminal case of TDS and all. Just keep blaming him and you can take comfort in knowing other idiots will star your posts between derps and drools.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VividestSum93
You can freeze milk.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For the clueless among us, this is what is going to happen shortly. The curve just started here in the U.S. a couple days ago.

There's going to be a spike in cases that will increase daily for a couple weeks.
During that time the healthcare system will become overloaded, people will be turned away
People that develop life-threatening conditions OTHER than COVID will be unable to get care
ERs will shutdown for lack of capacity

So when your parent/s.o./child can't get care because of something other than COVID just remember what was said here. It's no big deal, certainly not enough to inconvenience people by asking them to stay home for a bit. My daughter is an RN on the front lines. My son's girlfriend is an ER RN.

We're all being hurt by this. We've lost half of our income (so far). We have to slow this now or it's going to get much, much worse very fast.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
its to late, much to late. the ball is rolling to fast to stop.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
we are at the begining of a world wide reset. nothing will be as it was. think of it as year 0.

I am thinking along very similar lines.

The world markets were unstable, had been for a long time, a reset was, by some estimates, long overdue.

The emergence of this virus (along with some other, less discussed events, most likely) combined with the weaknesses and instability of the world economy, triggered the situation we are now experiencing.

It was the Perfect Storm.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The longer they drag this out everyone should be skeptical.

Especially after what the Speaker tried to pull in her relief package.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

She Must go to a different conspiracy site.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

All trained epidemiologists all over the world understand this and offer the same guidance. Testing, isolation, and quarantine. The very LAST person to listen to is Trump. He has no idea what he's doing as far as COVID goes. Listen to people who study these things.

Quarantine for those who are sick, sure. I think you missed
the point of the OP as it is about the unconstitutional lockdowns.

And further, many scientists disagree, say we will be fine.
Herd immunity and all that you know, aside from the
idea of survival of the fittest.

You can not lock down the entire word and think that
is an acceptable or reasonable solution. It may be
a vehicle to Global Control, but it won't stop the virus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Kate Brown, Oregon's governor, wasn't going to "shelter-in-place" until 20 thousand plus hit our beaches and started tearing up coastal towns this weekend.

Stupid people, not using common sense.

YUP! Common sense goes a long ways, way further
than a draconian situation of lock downs and martial law.

I am torn sort of. They should have stayed home, I agree.
But on the flip side, lets get the show on the road.
Can't lock people in their homes long and hope it
turns out good. Not going to happen!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: burntheships

It has been said before.............the cure may well be worst than the disease. I have always thought the debt bubble was going to pop. I looked up the debt of the world a while back and it was nuts. Maybe this is how TPTB are resetting debt but getting the sheeple more inline. A two fur. Who knows. I think my tinfoil hat may be a little tight.

A two fur, entirely possible and looks to be shaping up that way.
Give it a week, no more than two and they may be well on
their way to a total breakdown in which they can come
in and "save the day".

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Florida governor is a shining example of common sense and refuses to issue shelter in place stay at home orders
It's definitely less crowded on the road, but so far we have a true statesman protecting citizens rights. My mayor on the other hand was trying to shut down the city. The rest of the emergency council disagreed.

Bill of Rights mostly preserved. It's time this country looked to Florida leadership for common sense solution. Did I say common sense, DeSantis also eliminated common core from the curriculum thank goodness. Those lessons were a mess.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

There's going to be a spike in cases that will increase daily for a couple weeks.
During that time the healthcare system will become overloaded, people will be turned away
People that develop life-threatening conditions OTHER than COVID will be unable to get care
ERs will shutdown for lack of capacity

They've been saying that for weeks now. I'm still waiting on the frenzy. Most people who have it should stay at home anyway because they most likely aren't serious enough to go to the ER or ICU. It's the fear mongering that's causing people to overreact and crowd these places.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Now that the UK has gone into lockdown for three weeks, I would assume each state of America will do so, until all are in lockdown. It looks like it is happening piecemeal in America, but eventually, all states will lockdown, or lose federal funding.

Yes, it is unconstitutional in normal times, but these can be said not to be normal times, so for the event that is happening, the lockdowns are quite apt, nor matter how you want to rationalize it, or whatever good idea you think would work, this is the way it is going.

Here in the UK, with the lockdown in effect from this evening, I still have to go into my place of employment in the morning, not because it is essential, it isn't, but to see what they say. They should actually send us home?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

It seems most of the pandemonium is from the shut downs,
and fear produced by the fear mongering media though.

Even so, we shouldn't be locked in our homes.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: carewemust

In Illinois, most citizens are ignoring the lockdown, but unfortunately about half the businesses are closed.. including all restaurants and bars 24 hours a day until April 7th.

People, especially in the service industries, are not working and are getting angry.

The rights of individuals to earn an honest living free
from arbitrary and excessive government interference
is being infringed upon.

This has been reaffirmed in the courts many times.

Yeah, but this isn't arbitrary.

Arbitrary: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

You have to fight this on its merits...Congress.

SCOTUS would back this up

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It is arbitrary, each person using their own subjective
interpretation of different sets of data.

For instance the London study vs real numbers.

London study says lock down for 18 months or longer.

ETA: NO the courts have ruled that people have a right
to work unrestricted by the Government.

edit on 23-3-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: autopat51
we are at the begining of a world wide reset. nothing will be as it was. think of it as year 0.

The world markets were unstable, had been for a long time, a reset was, by some estimates, long overdue.

On what basis can you say the markets have been unstable? That's just wishful thinking by all those that have been hoping for some kind of disaster to hit the economy.

A lot of people can't stand the notion of "Make America Great Again".

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I suppose, if you come to the realization you can’t stop it, why try to stop it. I figured the pandemonium had more to do with the toilet paper hoarding and hoarding I think all hands on deck now towards the economy. This pandemic, is not over, it just sounds like we have come to the conclusion we can’t mitigate it. For example my state up until today was still accepting flights from hotspots in the country. Interesting to see if this leads to Italy numbers 🤷‍♂️.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join