It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So far it’s been a lame pandemic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I think the perspective on this virus differs depending on where you live.

In my state of Illinois in the United States everything seems to be Overkill. Like using a sledgehammer to kill an ant.

12 people have died from coronavirus since early February, yet the entire state is shut down until at least April 7th.

300 people died from the flu during that same period in Illinois. These statistics are the same every year, yet there is never any shut down or emergency declared.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I wouldn't trust much from China. They have been caught fudging their numbers, and several reports that it's not as beaten as the government claims have come out. As for Italy, they have gotten a lot of help over the last few days, so the numbers should settle down.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: tanstaafl

They stay at work for days, then when they go home they have to go through their own decontamination process before they can even go into the house, and then, the responsible ones, stay away from them if they don't want to infect them.

Or is all that BS too?

Have a read of this

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have several friends that are either working in the hospitals or related to people that are. They burned through most of their PPE in a matter of days. I'm not surprised they're getting hit hard.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's scary how this is progressing, and people are still gathering in groups and laughing this off as a hoax, were still in the early stages of this thing, I'm not religious but god help us.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The pandemic is so serious in New York City that the mayor has started releasing hundreds of prisoners, who are being told to go self isolate somewhere.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh sure, they're going to start following rules now...
edit on 24-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree completely. And all the "it's just a flu" comments make it worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Trending of twitter is the #COVIDiots which is apt.

Some places will have a few cases some will be hammered

Its not easy or fun, but a show of hands of who wants be Italy?

edit on 3/24/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh sure, they're going to start following rules now...

The experience of this National Emergency may have some rehabilitative side effects.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

A guest physician on a local Chicago radio station just pointed a taboo statistic and got cut off quickly, lol.

"I must point out that while 16 people have died from coronavirus over the past month in Illinois, 200 people die every month in Illinois from the common flu."

"Thank you for your time today Doctor bonehead."....click.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yes, more people may die from the flu, but this is going to hit harder. People in the hospital stay there twice as long as the flu. Each person can infect more than if they had the flu. And you can go from sitting up and talking, to respiratory distress in a matter of hours. Yes, most people are going to survive it, which is a good thing, but it's not the flu.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

When this is all over, I wonder what level of death will be acceptable to say that America fought coronavirus successfully?

2,000... 5,000...10,000?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Not becoming Italy or China.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Our Small town in Southwest MI no cases yet but we are on lockdown. Nobodys staying home the traffic is typical the grocery store has slowed down. They have barred people from buying everything. A woman still having fits to buy more toilet paper they say she must have a couple hundred rolls by now.
Some guy bought all the propane tanks twice! And wanted a call when more came in. He must have 60 tanks of propane at $50 each.

What the hell people calm down!!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"I must point out that while 16 people have died from coronavirus over the past month in Illinois, 200 people die every month in Illinois from the common flu."

100 people died in the US yesterday from Covid-19, in 24 hours.

Today, alone, so far (since this morning) has seen close to 100, and that's just the deaths we know, because not everyone who has died has been tested.

There are many more hospitalizations in such a short time period, as well.

ETA:

Because of the number of available hospital beds will not be enough for the Covid patients, we also have to remember that there are other patients that will require IC beds, so the number of available beds will be even less than the total numbers of beds.

edit on 24-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Since everybody's working together so well, maybe states with very few cases can lend some of their resources and supplies to the few states that are getting hit hard.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Liquesence

Since everybody's working together so well, maybe states with very few cases can lend some of their resources and supplies to the few states that are getting hit hard.

What happens when those states/cities need them (and they will)?

Or maybe the federal government can do its job. That's what it's for.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Michigan 445 more today and 4 deaths so it is slowing a bit. Was doubling every couple of days.

covid19info.live...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Same here for your neighbor in Illinois. I was raised in Southwest Michigan and appreciate how resilient people are over there. Like here, they will not give into a Draconian hoax perpetrated by the governors, due to 16 people dying in Illinois and 24 people dying in Michigan since early February.

www.worldometers.info...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join