It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump supporters who said dont question lockdown now turn on trump for questioning lockdown?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Flavian

No pretty much everyone in support that i am referncing in the op has been saying its immoral to question if the lockdown was necessary

Again, I never said it wasnt, I said we should weigh the harms of destroying the economy and infringing on our rights against the virus, and therefore we should have basic questions answered before we accepted it.

We never got those answers, and the people I am referencing said all of the things i mentioned in the op about me because i dared to demand they be answered before this actions was taken

so please explain to me how the situation has changed that its now ok for trump to question it?

We

Is there any scenario that would warrant this sort of action in your eyes? If not for a fast spreading virus/pandemic, then what?

Yes i can accept even the actions we are seeing, IF the basic questions I asked and others like them are answered in a method that warrants them.

I will never accept these measures for anything when the government is unwilling to answer these sorts of questions.

Those who will blindly accept out of fear make tyranny inevitable.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How did your bid for a congressional seat go?

link   

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I understand what you are saying now.

ETA:

I don't have Trump opinions (in general) one way or the other - i'm a Brit so other than watching from afar Trump doesn't really interest me for domestic US Policy. I was just confused regarding the OP but you have since explained your position.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

link   
I have always liked you, maybe only once threw a horse shoe at you..
I always thought your mindset on level ground, and agreed with a lot of what you said. It's apparent you and I differ, me being fairly conservative and you about half of that. But hay, this nation needs people of your mindset and full on Democrats. It also needs reins on Both parties Democrat and Republican.

edit on 23-3-2020 by Plotus because: Because.....

link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Are you the head of the executive branch of the government?

That's what I tell my momma...and she's in a nice nursing home.
Again...the lockdown orders of individual states came from those states' governors...NOT the Prez.

link   

That's the crux of all of this.

It's sad how people feel it's almost blasphemy to set aside political alignment to say "is all of this beneficial for the future".

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Flavian

No pretty much everyone in support that i am referncing in the op has been saying its immoral to question if the lockdown was necessary

Again, I never said it wasnt, I said we should weigh the harms of destroying the economy and infringing on our rights against the virus, and therefore we should have basic questions answered before we accepted it.

We never got those answers, and the people I am referencing said all of the things i mentioned in the op about me because i dared to demand they be answered before this actions was taken

so please explain to me how the situation has changed that its now ok for trump to question it?

We

Is there any scenario that would warrant this sort of action in your eyes? If not for a fast spreading virus/pandemic, then what?

Yes i can accept even the actions we are seeing, IF the basic questions I asked and others like them are answered in a method that warrants them.

I will never accept these measures for anything when the government is unwilling to answer these sorts of questions.

What do you suggest should be done to curb this? What should 'we the people' do? How do we demand a government to be transparent/honest with us, when they've never been honest with us?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Of course its not just trumps fault.

The media, the dems, they all want MORE infringement of our rights.

I call them all out

But the real danger is when the very people that claim to be the most small government people and against infringements of rights, and that cheer on small businesses and their importance now totally do a 180 in a week cause trump did.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

How did your bid for a congressional seat go?

I lost. Whats the relevance of this?

Because i lost my congressional seat I cant tell someone the presidents endorsing of the violation of our rights and collapsing on the economy is more urgent than his?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Also, who in Congress would you say your politics align most with? Rand Paul?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I think my state is going into full lockdown at midnight tonight.
I need to get one more prescription for my husband filled.We
have been staying indoors since this started and he is already
in the early stages of cabin fever!

You're in Ohio...so, yes, full lockdown midnight tonight.
Keep feeding hubby your delicious cookies, Mama...He'll adjust...and, when this is over, there will be more of him to love.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So if virgina governor northam comes out and says he is going to confiscate peoples guns, and trumps says he talked with northam and thinks people should voluntarly give up their guns to notrham, you would say we shouldnt criticize trump for that?

And btw, if its your stance the lockdowns are neccessary, and trump has nothing to do with them, then why arent you criticizing trump with forcing the frest of the country to lockdown

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That's the crux of all of this.

It's sad how people feel it's almost blasphemy to set aside political alignment to say "is all of this beneficial for the future".

That’s the worst part of all of it. People have been locked down so hard by tribal loyalty they refuse to even question the government in times like this.

Whatever threat this virus is, isn’t as big a threat as looking the other way.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
Yea I don't really understand how Trump has anything to do with decisions on a state by state basis. It's the states that initiate lockdown.

The States took action because the Administration wasn't doing anything besides minimizing a very serious situation. Trump told the States --- in a televised press briefing --- to go out and buy supplies on their own to make things go more quickly. But when they tried they found they were repeatedly being outbid by the Federal government. There's executive management for you.

The Administration's handling of this is indefensible. Too little, too late.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Trump doesn’t have a choice . The Democrats have his feet to the fire . If he took any other action the dems and the main stream media would eat him alive.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Also, who in Congress would you say your politics align most with? Rand Paul?

Probably, more so his dad though. As to your other post, I dont have the info trump has, so how can i answer what I would have done to curb this.

Ill tell you this; i wouldnt intentionally destroy the economy to save us from it. I would also make sure to be as transparent as possible, and deeply explain and authoritarian measure I has to take, including the threshold for taking it, how long it would need to last, the cost benefit of doing these measures, why other less authoritarian measure wouldnt have worked, etc.

Again, maybe if i had answers ti all of these questions, I would come to the conclusion these actions are justified.

But a far more likely threat to our country than this virus is the erosion of our freedoms in unprecedented ways because people uncritically accept them without asking questions.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So if virgina governor northam comes out and says he is going to confiscate peoples guns, and trumps says he talked with northam and thinks people should voluntarly give up their guns to notrham, you would say we shouldnt criticize trump for that?

Damn, G.
You're engaging in some ridiculous 'Whatifisms'.
Are 'Whataboutisms' already lining up in your dugout?

Grab a snickers.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We understand lock down is necessary even if we don't like it.

You're the one crying. You're making the pandemic political. You're the one asking Trump to solve all your problems.

I'm working like every day. My family is safe at home. I'm the man.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Damn, you are really employing some mental gymnastics to justify trump endorsing these lockdowns.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm the one getting fatter,not him.I sometimes have
to make him eat something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join