It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump supporters who said dont question lockdown now turn on trump for questioning lockdown?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So meta a reply to: Grambler

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

for the betas

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Of course its not just trumps fault.

The media, the dems, they all want MORE infringement of our rights.

I call them all out

But the real danger is when the very people that claim to be the most small government people and against infringements of rights, and that cheer on small businesses and their importance now totally do a 180 in a week cause trump did.

I Still want a small government. Still against infringements of rights. Still cheer on small businesses and their importance. Still support the POTUS and his powers according to the constitution.

There is no bigger government because of the virus. My rights are still intact. Small businesses so far are hanging in there. The POTUS is the POTUS. He is our leader by proxy. He makes suggestions, and they are followed for the most part by the people living in this country. Most decisions regarding the handling of this pandemic are being made by states independently of the POTUS.

Questions: I'm still at a loss at how our rights are being violated. Has anyone been fined, jailed? I'm not seeing threats by the government agencies or representatives, that support a loss of rights.

We have Sanctuary states, sanctuary cities. They violate the federal laws hundred of times a day, 365 days a year. If THAT is the sign of oppression by an unconstitutional government then your questions fail. If anything, the federal government and it's agencies have lost their tight grip on this country. States lead themselves. What SPECIFIC N E W laws have been enacted? Which ones specifically did Trump endorse?

People are afraid of the virus, not the government.

And let me just say, there are THOUSANDS of old laws on the books that do violate our rights. And I am against that. But I choose which ones I will follow. Your questions on this issue are moot. This all is temporary, there is an end point. People are self regulating (mostly). I think you're making mountains out of mole hills Grambler. But hey, we all have different ways of dealing with covfefe, oops, I mean cabin fever.

edit on 24-3-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

no offense to you but you are about the fifth person I have responded to suggesting our rights arent being taken away.

I could tell you how my friend who owns a business no longer has the right to keep it open. I could post a link showing a man in my state was arrested for having a wedding on his property because it violated social distancing rules from the governor. I could post stories how california police are sending drones out to catch people who violate the lockdown.

But instead Ill just say that if you dont see any violation of our rights on this situation, there is no point in us having a discussion.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

no offense to you but you are about the fifth person I have responded to suggesting our rights arent being taken away.

I could tell you how my friend who owns a business no longer has the right to keep it open. I could post a link showing a man in my state was arrested for having a wedding on his property because it violated social distancing rules from the governor. I could post stories how california police are sending drones out to catch people who violate the lockdown.

But instead Ill just say that if you dont see any violation of our rights on this situation, there is no point in us having a discussion.

Well, so it is just SOME people losing their rights? That Trump brought the hammer down on, right? California is a sanctuary state, declared so by the governor. They don't cooperate with Federal laws. They set their own laws. Trying to put this off on the federal government is weak. Weak I say because it is. In fact, Trump is being questioned at the moment regarding lifting of some bans enacted by STATES.

You didn't address other questions in my post. This is NOT a POTUS issue, it's a state issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Ive also answered the balme the governors not trump argument a dozen times if not more.

Trump praised newsom for the lockdown, and recomendded people comply with it.

If newsom takes away guns, and trump praises him, i will call out trump. You wont apprently.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Either you are totally naive or pushing out WH platitudes. Of course the directives are coming from the WH to the states.
Trump is a liar, and first class manipulator of the Fauxservatives. Sad to see you have joined their ranks.

Our Governor admitted it's out of the states control. FEMA is calling all the shots now.

edit on 24-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Trump, like the people who follow him is an opportunist. When communism is what helps him and his billionaire donors, that’s what it is. When calling everyone that disagrees with him communist helps him, that’s what it is.

And the thing is, he never has to worry about losing support when changing with whatever way the wind blows. Because his followers only loyalty is to him, not any set of principles.

That’s it. That’s why this site is filled with so-called “small government people” who are arguing till they’re blue in the face in favor of a person who is now nationalizing industry and forcing smaller businesses to close their doors. Not to mention secretly asking Congress for the ability to detain people indefinitely without trial.

I guess we’ll see which way the wind blows tomorrow.
Trump secretly asked Congress for the ability to detain people indefinitely without trial? Yeah right. Source?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I've already turned, so count me in. They're all crooks occupying good hospital space.

So I have made several thread and particpated in several more lambasting our government, including trump, for destorying the economy and locking huge parts of the country down without answerung basic questions.

See the questions on the top part of the OP for a just a few we should have all demanded they answer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For my stance of demanding answers to basic questions before destroying the economy and locking people down, here are just a few things my fellow trump supporters have said about me

I am a secret democrat and always have been

I am shilling for the media

I am a never trumper

I want to see old people die

I am just taking my stance to get more viewers on my youtube channel

I dont understand math

It would be bad for trump to go against state governors.

And on and on. All of this for questioning destroying the economy and locking people down

Well some other people have questioned whteher or not this loss of civil liberties and destroying the economy was worth it. Ron Paul, nah all the trump supporters criticizing nme say he sucks. Same ith his son Rand

Well now a new politician is questioning it.

The mans name? Donald Trump

Only hours before the surgeon general’s dire warning, Trump suggested in a tweet that the remedies may be more harmful than the outbreak in a tweet that contradicted the advice of medical experts across the nation.

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” he wrote, adding: “AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!”

apnews.com...

I cant wait for the same trump supporters who said those things of me to come here and say them of trump for questioning this.

He must want sick people to die, right? he must not be able to do math! He shouldnt question state governors. He must be a secret democrat never trumper, right?

Trump would be right to do what he can to reverse the damage, but as far as Im concerned its and admission of indefensible negligence on his part. The time for asking these questions and giving answers to the american people was BEFORE the lockdowns and crashing of the economy.

But hey, this is better than leaving it go on (as far as I am concerned this is all bluster though until he actually changes course)

But hes questioning whether the solution is worse than the problem, and trump supporters on this verty site have attacked me for that same thing, so lets see them come out here and call out trump.

I wont hold my breath.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

Trump, like the people who follow him is an opportunist. When communism is what helps him and his billionaire donors, that’s what it is. When calling everyone that disagrees with him communist helps him, that’s what it is.

And the thing is, he never has to worry about losing support when changing with whatever way the wind blows. Because his followers only loyalty is to him, not any set of principles.

That’s it. That’s why this site is filled with so-called “small government people” who are arguing till they’re blue in the face in favor of a person who is now nationalizing industry and forcing smaller businesses to close their doors. Not to mention secretly asking Congress for the ability to detain people indefinitely without trial.

Trump secretly asked Congress for the ability to detain people indefinitely without trial? Yeah right. Source?

He can't tell you because it's "secret".

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the novel coronavirus spreads throughout the United States.

www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the novel coronavirus spreads throughout the United States.

www.politico.com...

Well then it's not very secret at all.

Pretty terrifying though.
edit on 2532020 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm kind of confused.

All through these threads you keep talking about the lockdowns, but most of them were initiated by governors.

The Federal government is largely irrelevant in this matter, unless we are talking about putting checkpoints up at the state borders or something.

Trump can weigh in and say how he feels, but he can't enforce these measures. He doesn't have the power. Only the states have that right.

If California wants to enforce quarantine with drones, that's up to California. Trump approving or disapproving doesn't matter very much. (Except in his capacity as a figure head, influencing public opinion on the matter.)

originally posted by: StoutBroux

We have Sanctuary states, sanctuary cities. They violate the federal laws hundred of times a day, 365 days a year. If THAT is the sign of oppression by an unconstitutional government then your questions fail. If anything, the federal government and it's agencies have lost their tight grip on this country. States lead themselves. What SPECIFIC N E W laws have been enacted? Which ones specifically did Trump endorse?

There is some debate over whether the federal government has the right to tell states what to do in these areas.

If the fed presses the issue, and the Supreme Court decides the states are right, the fed will have to back down.

(So the fed, wisely, chooses to hold off on pressing the matter, so they won't find out what the supreme court thinks just yet...)

((Perhaps they might be waiting for a few justices to retire first?))

People are afraid of the virus, not the government.

And let me just say, there are THOUSANDS of old laws on the books that do violate our rights. And I am against that. But I choose which ones I will follow. Your questions on this issue are moot. This all is temporary, there is an end point. People are self regulating (mostly). I think you're making mountains out of mole hills Grambler. But hey, we all have different ways of dealing with covfefe, oops, I mean cabin fever.

A law isn't really binding until somebody challenges it and a court rules on the matter.

That's how unconstitutional laws get overturned. Someone has to go out and break that law, and then the courts can decide whether to allow it to be enforced.

If they say "no", then it ain't a law.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Get outta here with that logic stuff. These people are trying to panic and it's hard to do that when they're forced to engage their brain.
edit on 25-3-2020 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
There was always going to be a time when the Pres was going to have to attempt to allow the country to go back to work.
I saw him when he said this. He said he would love to TRY for Easter. The wording was,to me, tentative and hopeful and not an edict.
There MAY be another reason. This is very interesting reading. Especially if you are somewhat suspicious of the whole narrative.

thefederalist.com... bv0DlCSmfOvuHN1_wF7tN_OAHPBes-U#disqus_thread

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If a person ends up with a serious infectious disease, they put that person into Quarantine, so as not to infect others. That person, temporarily looses certain rights. Now, on a wider nation state scale, if all of us don't know if we are infected, this temporary shut down, is reasonable. This is not some joke or made up problem. Countries, are building mass graves to deal with the issue. There is no telling the damage this virus will do many of the survivors in terms of long term effects either. There is a health system that must serve ALL, yet, it will be bogged downn to the point it can't function. A shut down is not ideal, neither is WAR for that matter but it has to happenn. Its common sense at this point. Rights are always in CONTEXT. You can't just remove the CONTEXT and claim "RIGHTS". If you're a murderer, you loose certain RIGHTS. Its CONTEXT. A Nation under threat, from an invisble enemy that could be far and wide that is an infectious disease must be dealt with in CONTEXT of the situation.

CONTEXT.....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If you were the president, what would you have done differently to save America?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join