It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couldn't Take It Any Longer - Decided to Join

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I've been reading and following ATS for quite a while now, watching and observing from the shadows. Yesterday I finally gave in and created an account. Looking forward to start contributing to the great discussion on ATS!

About me:

* I work in information technology
* my company is in the finance industry
* my office is in Manhattan (fortunately I've been working remotely as COVID ramped up)
* big fan of investigation into: 'secret space program', UFOs, military black projects
* since I've started following this site, I've become a big fan of investigation into possible evidence of ancient prehistoric civilizations
* my political leanings: there is no existing party to cater to my POV. Probably a modified libertarian position best describes my thinking.

Happy to be a member now, and hoping to bring good info and a little entertainment to the forums.

-SHA

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Welcome

I hope you like talking about coronavirus .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Why do you think I'm joining at this particular juncture?

In all seriousness, this forum has been *invaluable* source of information for me, as it relates to COVID-19. There have been plenty of fear posts, spreading of rumors, disinformation, etc etc, but interlaced among the rubbish have been many precious gems of facts and subtle tidbits of information. People around me wonder how I was aware of COVID, and talking about its potential impact, and planning for prepping our food stock, all back in Jan/Feb, WEEKS before MSM had this story slotted into their Narrative PROMs.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have some questions as it pertains to profile updates, board policy (one can't create threads before 20 posts apparently?), and new member requirements (I had to join using an existing social media profile? Really?), but will need to dig into that later today. Off to work (virtually that is).

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwoken

In all seriousness, this forum has been *invaluable* source of information for me, as it relates to COVID-19. There have been plenty of fear posts, spreading of rumors, disinformation, etc etc, but interlaced among the rubbish have been many precious gems of facts and subtle tidbits of information. People around me wonder how I was aware of COVID, and talking about its potential impact, and planning for prepping our food stock, all back in Jan/Feb, WEEKS before MSM had this story slotted into their Narrative PROMs.

So your an expert in disinformation and rubbish.

Please, the sane ones amoungst us like to call that "ones opinion" or "point of view".

But at least your true colors are shining through from get go.

Welcome.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Welcome. I did the same thing as you, I lurked a long time before finally signing on to the forum. It is a great site for lots of different information.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwoken

In all seriousness, this forum has been *invaluable* source of information for me, as it relates to COVID-19. There have been plenty of fear posts, spreading of rumors, disinformation, etc, etc, but interlaced among the rubbish have been many precious gems of facts and subtle tidbits of information. People around me wonder how I was aware of COVID, and talking about its potential impact, and planning for prepping our food stock, all back in Jan/Feb, WEEKS before MSM had this story slotted into their Narrative PROMs.

Welcome to ATS

Yes, it's a good forum to quickly grasp some tidbits of useful info in times like these. If not the posts the links alone are worth it. What's the mood in NYC? Here in North Atlanta, we have a mixture of we need to shut down the whole state to it's a bunch of bull#.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwoken

End of the world is coming soon so now is the best time to join us. lol

Jk. Or am I?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Welcome. Not sure about the social media account thing, but I joined way back before the Mayan Apocalypse. Haha

As far as advanced ancient civilizations go, if you haven’t read or seen Graham Hancock, look him up! He is awesome to listen to and read. He’s been on Joe Rogans show a few times and has a few good books.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

(Lifts up gasmask)
Welcome to the party pal!
(Eats bottle of sanitizer, runs away)

Seriously, enjoy your stay. Snacks are in the back.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

So your an expert in disinformation and rubbish.

Please, the sane ones amoungst us like to call that "ones opinion" or "point of view".

But at least your true colors are shining through from get go.

Welcome.

Man....who p1ssed in your Cheerios this morning.

o_O

Never claimed to be an expert. Didn't mean to imply anything about anybody with my critique on some of the COVID-19 posts, if that's what set you off. I have been following the Coronavirus update thread since version 1 (believe it's up to ver 5 last I checked), and have learned a great deal from it.

Having said that, I have been lurking long enough to have read a number of ....low quality.... threads pertaining to COVID. I mean...claims that one political party or another in the US is willfully using the virus to bring physical harm to their opponents...opinions that the virus might be a false flag operation inserted in China from the US gov....assertion that the main intention of the virus is to wipe out boomers...should I continue? Look, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but sorry bud, things are skewing sideways right now, and if there ever was a time to not go full mongloid with fear posts, this would be it. Sorry if that offends you, but I'm going to call it like I see it.

Thanks for rolling out the red carpet.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, how much toilet roll do you have??? can you spare any, come on just a few rolls will do for now, I wont ask again, promise.

had to join using an existing social media profile?

Well that's new, but when I joined I had to chissle my picture and cave address into a stone slab and tie it to one of Springer and skepticOverlords homing pterodactyls

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Welcome to ATS

Yes, it's a good forum to quickly grasp some tidbits of useful info in times like these. If not the posts the links alone are worth it. What's the mood in NYC? Here in North Atlanta, we have a mixture of we need to shut down the whole state to it's a bunch of bull#.

Thanks.

To be clear, I haven't been to my office in weeks. I've no intention of going back until (if) there is a positive resolution to this whole ordeal.

I have friends & colleagues that live near the office and in the surrounding burroughs. Have been in touch with a few, and thus far, they haven't shared much anxiety or negativity. I wish them well. I am trying to be stoic and upbeat for the family, and we have a bugout plan should SHTF. I have enjoyed my time working in Manhattan, but I don't believe I could ever live there.
edit on 23-3-2020 by SleeperHasAwoken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I am trying to be stoic and upbeat for the family, and we have a bugout plan should SHTF.

I have an awesome plan, I've dug a hole 2 feet wide by 2 feet deep and I'll bury my head in it till it all blows over.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Regarding my question on the signup process....

When I reached that page yesterday, I was mildly shocked that there didn't seem to be a way to signup for the site without using one of Facebook, Google, YT or LinkedIn profiles. I loaded and re-loaded the page several times to make sure nothing was amiss with my session.

Then I looked at the HTML source of the signup page.

There is commented out (i.e. disabled and hidden from view in the browser) code in that page to sign up via email. I just joined yesterday, so unsure what the story is with that, if it's a recent policy change, glitch, or otherwise.

My preference would be to NOT sign up to this site using a social media account. I have never created a Facebook account in my life and refuse to start now. For this place above all others, I would expect a level of acceptance if not encouragement to embrace some semblance of anonymity. Using social media profiles for signing in here is not my idea of anonymity.

Like I said, not trying to rock the boat, and there may well be a legitimate justification (due to spam or attacks on the site) but that feels a bit odd to me...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Finally got sucked in to the black sun vacuum of ATS.
You'll notice your grip on reality starting to slip around
the threshold of your first 20 replies. No one as ever
held on passed their first thread so... After that I hope
you have insurance!

Welcome to the Chasm!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the sight, there seems to be less drama here than in the streets now. People are either not afraid at all out in the real world, or terrified that they will infect us older people or their friends who are on meds to block their immune system overreactions.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Great song choice! I'm a big fan of Soundgarden and all the rest of the Seattle musical miscreants.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Welcome to the sight, there seems to be less drama here than in the streets now. People are either not afraid at all out in the real world, or terrified that they will infect us older people or their friends who are on meds to block their immune system overreactions.

Thanks, and very astute observations.

My wife has been experiencing major bouts of anxiety over this whole affair. The kids, who've had their lives impacted as much as anyone, don't seem as disturbed, but they're children, so hard to gauge to what degree this is bothering them. I'm a firm believer in not allowing turmoil and upheaval into children's lives, particularly younger children like mine, so I've insulated them as much as possible, without lying or withholding information

ETA:

See you're in the UP; a very good friend of mine is from your nape 'o the woods, and used to return their hunting each year.
edit on 24-3-2020 by SleeperHasAwoken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ha, looks like I figured out a way to sign up via email.

For all those in this thread, please note that I have changed my handle to SleeperHasAwakened.

Note to mods:
Please feel free to delete/clean up the account SleeperHasAwoken. I am moving over to this new account. Thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join