It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 Census

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Anyone who picks on others because they think they're stronger and can get away with it.

Do you think I picked on others by saying no thanks until they came back and ask politely .

I didn’t open the door and scream go to hell you’re with the feds . G Gordon Liddy said you guys wear flak jackets and to aim for the head . You better run before I sic my Pitbull with aids bubba on you !!!!

You asked why I was upset over bad treatment of innocent people and I responded that I don't like bullies.

Neither do I fought them high school called them out in public and no man I know would dare lay a hand on a woman in front of me . Thanks for asking earlier .

Are you a bully? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder over that.

More innuendo , in fact you are being a bully right now . You’re giving me far more harassment then what you imagined I did to the census workers . You’re characterizing me , lecturing and dominating the Conversation . Despite attempts by me to break it off .

And yes I do have a chip on my shoulder . Two things I won’t stand for is being called a liar or a bully. Yet the ranking members here ( exclusively ) have done both repeatedly .

I have known a lot of bullies in my life, and all of them seem to have that same chip

Even more innuendo . Do you not see the hypocrisy of what you’re doing ?

You know absolutely nothing about me . I bet I’ve put more into my community then you have . I’ve worked with halfway houses, homeless shelters, and troubled youth’s to start with . I’m well thought of in my community and I don’t need to hear a sanctimonious lecture from someone I’ve never met .

Here let me judge you .

Like you said you were a census worker in 2010 . It’s obvious that someone scarred you then. Why else would anyone hold on to a subject with so much anger and tenacity . .

So you hovered over the 2020 census thread just waiting for somebody to vent on . You were so invested and on the attack you didn’t bother reading the replies. Even the short ones . Because you didn’t know I said I filled the census out .

But the most obvious sign it’s personal is that you can’t let it go . Instead you’re badgering me trying to browbeat me into your position and calling me names .

Dude that’s a bully

Now I take back what I just said . With the exception that you’re being a bully . The reason I use that term is that you speculate at all my actions . But I’m watching yours in real time .

The only reason that psycho analyzed you is for do you feel how unjust it is . ? I bet you didn’t like it just like I didn’t like your’s .

Now your reply would be “it didn’t bother me any” if you want to carry on with this ridiculous conversation .

God I hope you don’t .

If I ruffled any feathers I apologize .

But can we please put a bullet behind this things ear.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
On the envelope they threaten you with jail again.

Not on mine. They simply say "YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW" (all caps is theirs).

To respond to the OP - you can fill it out online. On the enclosed form it says if you don't fill it out online, they'll send Census workers to your house to get your responses.

Just like last time i’m going to make four or five of them come to my house. Then when they figure out not to threaten me.

I’ll fill it out .

I actually don't have a problem with the Census short form. I have a huge problem with the massively invasive long form and will not fill it out completely, only providing the basic necessary information (number of people, names, birth dates, race). I just filled mine out online... easy peasy.

I'm offended that there is not a Citizenship question. Who do I complain to?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Mine too that was my fault .

I read too much into it concluding breaking law implies you go to jail .

Is it OK with you if I call it artistic ? Lol

As far as the rest of your post . When you read through the thread you must’ve noticed as a topic i’m pretty much censused out . 😁

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Neither did a census worker knock on your door and say "If you don't answer all my questions, I am going to arrest you and fine you until your grandkids go broke!" No, they walked up and asked you to do your civic duty. You... not them... decided that it would be funny to make them come back again and again until someone went "Please, sir, I promise we won't do anything to you. Please, O King Under the Mountain, stoop to helping us poor little slaves. Have mercy!"

There are 300 million or so citizens living in this country. That's still at least 100 million households, plus all the empty buildings that have to be checked out. I one tenth of those households decided to make a census worker visit, that's 10,000,000 people that have to be mobilized to criss-cross the country and find everyone who didn't respond, in addition to checking out empty dwellings. It's not unusual to have to make 2 or 3 trips to catch someone at home. Now, we learn you think it's a good idea to increase that time spent by making 4 or 5 people do what could have been done by one... and then you'll fill out the form, which you could have simply done in the first place.

All because you don't like the fact that it's a legal requirement. That's not supposition... it's your own words:

On the envelope they threaten you with jail again .

Just like last time i’m going to make four or five of them come to my house. Then when they figure out not to threaten me.

I’ll fill it out .

Well, guess what... the same Constitution that requires you to participate in the headcount also allows for free speech, gun rights, freedom of assembly. I know your history on ATS, and you'll fight tooth and nail for those, demanding that the Constitution be followed! But here comes something in the same document that you don't like, and oh, hell no! Damn that piece of old paper!

Then when someone calls you out on it, you act all offended. Cry me a river.

TheRedneck

edit on 3/24/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

As far as the rest of your post . When you read through the thread you must’ve noticed as a topic i’m pretty much censused out . 😁

No worries - I had a bit of fun with the last ones to come to my door last census, insisting - no, demanding - that I allow them into my house and answer all of their intrusive questions (I'd been selected for the long form census).

I really enjoyed watching them squirm when I refused to let them in, and refused to answer any but the most basic questions.

Petty-tyrant-wanna-bes don't like being told they have no power.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If you don't answer all my questions, I am going to arrest you

Did I say that ? Go find the quote show me .

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Mine weren’t that bad.

I told them I wasn’t interested and yeah to be fair I guess it was a test . As soon as they said it’s required by law it turned me off and I told them that before I shut the door . Finally one came back the next day and asked nicely . I opened the door and let her in. I got her a cuppa coffee and asked if she wanted a foot rub before I covered her with a shaw and filled out the form . Afterwords I drove her to her mothers house in Michigan . We stopped to pick up Little Timmy from the orphanage on the way it was so sad he only had one crutch . That’s why I decided to right the wrong when I got to Michigan . I remodeled the census workers mother’s house completely making it handicap accessible for Little Timmy . They had the nicest collie name sassy she knew how to hand you tools. Plus she kept Timmy away from the well. The trip back was uneventful except for the baby I delivered in the back of a Volkswagen microbus on the side of the highway .

The census lady still sends me Christmas cards .

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Go find the quote show me .

Do you really have that much trouble remembering what you wrote? It's on page 1. You can look back any time.

I’ll fill it out .

What was that threat they issued? So far all you have mentioned as a threat is a notice on the envelope that census participation is required by law.

Drop the hyperbole. What happened in 2010 to make you go through 4 or 5 census workers before you found one that didn't threaten you? What did the first 3 or 4 say that was so threatening?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If you don't answer all my questions, I am going to arrest you

No I remember what I wrote ^^^^ and that wasn’t it .

edit on 24-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

OK, since you obviously are not going to be straight with me, I will just assume the following:

Back in 2010, you got a census form. It said "participation required by law" (or something to that effect) on it. You took offense without knowing or caring that it is actually required by the Constitution. Offended, you threw it to the side. Eventually a census worker showed up and you probably asked them if participation is required by law, and they of course answered truthfully. You then rudely told them you wouldn't participate and closed the door. You probably stewed for a while, getting angry. Then another worker came up, and you repeated the process, even angrier this time. Rinse, wash, repeat. Finally, you probably filled out the form and practically threw it at the next worker and slammed the door.

I don't think you were ever threatened, I doubt any of the workers got out of line, and now I think you just dredged up those memories of the time you were a jerk to some poor guys trying to make a living and you are looking for company for the misery you're in, because deep down you know what you did. Where better than ATS, where conspiracies run wild and the government is the evil guy in all cases, to find that company? But instead you found a guy who actually was one of those people you were a jerk to, and he won't play your little "woe is me" game.

And you hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Now, there is always the chance I am wrong about the above, but as I said: since you absolutely refuse to be straight with me, that's what I am going with.

Too bad. Put on your big boy pants and buck up. No one threatened you. You just don't like doing your civic duty and these damn people interrupted your whatever. "Get off my lawn, damn kids!"

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Fun fact: I'm not counted on the 2000 or the 2010 Census. 2000 I was in grad school and knew I was on my way to summer employment that had me living in a hotel for the whole summer, so I bounced on the form. 2010 I was in the middle of a move with my family... didn't fill it out when it arrived (actually wrote "Vacant- Return to Sender" on the envelope and never heard anything further from it. They've tried to get me to fill out their ACS crap a couple of times, I ignore them and when someone has visited the house they are either met with silence or me refusing to open the screen to take anything from them.

I may fill it out this year or I may not... don't really give a damn one way or the other, but I guarantee if I start to lean towards not doing it, they have a better chance of draining the Mississippi than they have in forcing me to do it. I will tell them how many middle fingers live in my house and, I suppose, how many bare asses as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
You took offense without knowing or caring that it is actually required by the Constitution.

Boy that sure means a lot to the government currently, what with them going full fascist and pissing all over our Constitutional Rights and whatnot, ya?

They can go screw if they think We the People should continue to fall for anything in that conveniently ignored and then conveniently used against us document at this point.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yup that’s it are we done finally ?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

We're done.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I just finished my census questionnaire and I’m going to mail it in tomorrow . ( 100% serious )

Lesson learned

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join