It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 Census

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So here we are a good week away from the Census 2020 and I have to ask if it really a good idea to be sending government workers out to people that are on a mandatory shut in by the government? Just seems to me the most intensive counting done each day will be the check in of the census takers to make sure they are not MIA/KIA. Then the whole idea of door to door spreading of disease...

But basically, and to be perfectly blunt, wouldn’t it be more efficient to wait a couple months because the count will be a lower number and more accurate anyway...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The Dems need the 2020 census in order to stay relevant so the census will go on.

The Dems don’t care about people, just look at the CV bill last night

edit on 23-3-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I say let them come, I'm gonna register myself on their census the same was the economy should be registered, dead.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Let 'm bring TP!

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
On the envelope they threaten you with jail again .

Just like last time i’m going to make four or five of them come to my house. Then when they figure out not to threaten me.

I’ll fill it out .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I had the flu in late January. The man left a note on the door with his card. I called him back and he gave me a code. The code allowed me to fill the census out online. Took a few minutes and it was done.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I told census guy last time the government already had my info they are just too stupid to get it. Tried to shut the door and he stuck his foot in it. That's when I sent the dogs at him. Should have seen him run.

I expect similar this time.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Remember how Henry Ford wiped out all the Buggy Whip Manufactures, man those were good times.

The longer this thing lasts the more common teleconferencing and telecommuting will become the new normal. All those journalists in the Press Room would be kissing Trump’s ass in the daily briefing if he reminded them just exactly outdated their jobs really were. Same could be said to the House and Senate as it is no longer a month long coach ride to reach DC.

This Covid thing isn’t jack. Sure the uninformed are terrified, but 20 years ago my live in girlfriend was making antibiotic resistant mutations to E. coli for her masters thesis. I was right there with her. The CDC back then was raising hell about how people using antibacterial soap was gonna kill us all. And as someone who may have had one of those mutants in me, there are things far, far scarier than the Covid out there than can be easily weaponized.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

and I have to ask if it really a good idea to be sending government workers out to people that are on a mandatory shut in by the government?

Probably not.
My mother is jehova witness and even they stopped going door to door or having meetings. At least in my area. They have their meetings by phone now.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
My mother is jehova witness and even they stopped going door to door...

Probably the only good bit of Corona news I've heard.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You can do this online, they spent a lot of money putting it out there.
The only problem I saw in the commercial is it said anyone can do this, I thought the census is for legal American citizens???

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have already filled my questionnaire out online. It asks where you will be April 1. Possibly a roundup of undesirables by big brother during lockdown? Scary

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I imagine it will be postponed.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

Wrong. It counts everyone INCLUDING illegal aliens.
Then they award the delegates accordingly.

So the more illegal aliens in California the more state representatives in the House of Representatives they get.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Still holding out on completing my Census form. It asks who is living at your residence as of April 1, 2020. Obviously, that info may very well change come that future date. My youngest daughter has moved back home and another daughter who is pregnant may be returning too.

They definitely should suspend this Census until next fall at least, so it will be as accurate as possible for the upcoming decade.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

i got a notice from them for online, then if i don't respond a mail in one. then if after that no response a census worker will come out.

no threats of jail, just required to by law.
edit on 23-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I filled mine out online. I got the paper one a few days later but they said to ignore it if I'd done the online version.
I'm not planning on going anywhere in the next few months so the April 1 thing didn't bother me.

This is probably the stupidest, most inopportune time they could have sent the thing out, though. Bad timing. Baaad timing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I went online too, and there was a portion that asked for birthdate and phone number.

I didn't know why that was needed if my information is supposed to be safe and not shared.🤷🏽‍♂️

I left it blank. Yes, you have that option.

Finished the Census. It literally took 3 minutes.

Printed a verification of completion for the "foot soldiers" when they inevitably come knocking.

Done.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I always register as other Klingon guarantees a civil servant visit which I don't answer the door.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I worked for the census in 2010. No one has ever gone to jail for refusing to fill out the census. What happens is your vote for the next decade won't count for as much as other people, because you didn't let them count you. The poor kids in your state/district won't get as much help for lunches and other programs, and things like highways won't get as much attention because, hey! You aren't really there!

It might give you some satisfaction to play head games with the census workers, but all you are doing is aggravating people who live right there where you are for yucks. These are not Men in Black... I was unemployed when I got the job, and I spent six weeks as a census worker. That's it. After that I worked other jobs; before that I worked other jobs; neither were government. So that's a right nice attitude you got there: you don't like someone working at that job, so just aggravate them so they'll stay on the public dole next time, then gripe about too many people being on the public dole. The next time your boss is a jerk, just remember that you taught him well.

On the other hand, for the poster who claimed they "set the dogs on" a worker, that is a felony. It'll get you thrown in/under a Federal penitentiary real quick if you in any way threaten or injure a census worker. It's legally no different than threatening a mailman; there have been plenty of people who became felons for doing that. I'd think twice about doing that in the future... you could have had his/her job for them making any attempt to force their way into your house though.

As for changing the date, that requires a Constitutional Amendment.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join